Pirate's Social Club

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Pirate's Social Club

Postby Firebird X on Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:30 pm

Howdy!

I'm the head of the Pirate's Social Club here at my University, so I thought I'd come down here and check out the forums! We basically drink lots of grog, eat lots of food, go out to lakes (we're in arizona, no seas) and build our own ships/cannons and shoot each other and try to board each others ships.

Now, quick question. I'm by no means a fashion expert, so while shopping for pirate regalia, I quickly realized I had no idea what the names for the various components were. Ruffled shirt? A sash? I'm really not sure. If anybody knows of a good resource (either online or in AZ, USA) to get pirate stuff, or the names of the articles of clothing, that would be of much use!

When we're not at the lake, we have seminars on campus on a variety of topics such as:

Barnicles: Cooking for pirates
How to cure scurvy in 3 easy steps
Concepts and Tactics of naval warfare
Basic Carpentry 101
How to talk like a pirate
Treasure map reading 101

If you guys have any ideas for more seminars that we could hold (each one is about 3 hours long), that would be fantastic! I look forward to hearing some of your ideas!

:fsm_yarr:
JRS
Firebird X
Conchigliette Convert

Postby DaveL on Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:11 pm

YArrrrr...

Welcome laddy. There be nuthin better than a few piratey courses for the new recruits. Last year Oi's wuz invited to give a few courses on the followin'

Introduction to Distilling
Pillaging - Managing your ill gained assets
Bird Handling 101
Advanced Beard Management
Getting the most from your prosthetic limb(s)
The joy of corporal punishment

These topics will have yer crew talkin fer hours on end.

A few practical demonstrations will really get 'em goin' For the pilagin course, we chartered a bus for a field trip to a nearby 5 Star resort. It went down extremely well with the resort guests - especially when we liberated them of their valuables...YArrr!
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby OZ_Nick on Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:22 pm

Welcome aboard shipmate!

Well Oi'd be thowin in a few courses such as follers:

* Correct ettiquette for pirates when lyin' cheatin' and cussin' 101
* Spellin' 'n' gramma fer pirates
* Useful insults
* Maintainin' good order 'n' discpline in the lower decks (floggin' 101)
* Swaggering and blusterin'
* Swash and Buckle for beginners

'Ope these be of some use ter yesself.

Cap'n One-Eye Nick
----

Ye may knowe mee better as Cap'n Bluenose
OZ_Nick
Stele Second Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:46 am

so this is a real establishment? hmm... if I got enough support (and a cool/stupid/brave enough teacher to sponser it), I think I'd try making that for my high school... minus the alcohol. we can do with root beer.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Pink

Postby black bart on Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:49 am

firebird X wrote:

Ruffled shirt?

Best not go fer a 'Pink' ruffled shirt though! :fsm_yarr:
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby walktheplank on Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:35 am

On me ship I have team meetings to discuss such things to make sure me crew are all treated the same, our discussions t'day were:-

* Use of a cutlass, straight in or a side slash
* Rum rations, how much per day
* floggins, kicking or the use of a blunt instrument
* Cooking, how ter get the thickness of yer Fish Head Stew just right.
* Wenches on ships, good or not. If not, make sure you let yer crew loose in Fifi's every six months.
* what colour parrot looks best on yer shoulder.

An I don't let me crew forget me golden rule, don't touch the Cap'ns Rum, Wench, Parrot, etc
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
walktheplank
Lumache Lieutenant

Sickness

Postby black bart on Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:41 am

Thar be a whole section to learn on:

'Quellin a Mutiny caused by Fish Head Stew sickness.' :fsm_yarr:
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Firebird X on Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:14 pm

Aye, those be some mighty good suggestions!

Now I've finished the designs of me barge, and it'll essentially be like a big lego. It'll be all made out of wood, and float and 4 large inner tubes. Me problem lies in the design of the cannons.

I'd shy away from rubber bands, since they tend to snap and break. I'm thinking perhaps springs be the way to go. The ammunition in question are Nerf Footballs, and the distance they be shot would probably be no more than 50 feet.

And I can't wait to show you all the boat, she'll be quite the beauty. Unfortunatly, I can't tell you all the name of the boat, as it's NSFW. Rest assured, it has something to do with the sea and something to do with women.
JRS
Firebird X
Conchigliette Convert

Guess

Postby black bart on Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:57 pm

My guess would be:

a. mermaid

b. Thar she blows

c. Big Brenda
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby The Black Spot on Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:33 pm

Firebird X wrote:And I can't wait to show you all the boat, she'll be quite the beauty. Unfortunatly, I can't tell you all the name of the boat, as it's NSFW. Rest assured, it has something to do with the sea and something to do with women.

Arrrr...

it not be "Madame Fifi's Crab Catcher" is it?
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Postby DaveL on Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:55 am

YArrr...

Oi's heard the Argghh Shipping Works 'ave bin making a lady friendly hatch back galleon called the 'Arggh-ette Zippy'.

Good mileage around town for doin' the shopping. But slow on the open water.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Plush

Postby black bart on Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:36 am

YYYAAARRR...I thinks I'll order a dozen Plush Baby Parrots fer me crew! :fsm_yarr:
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby OZ_Nick on Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:54 pm

Yaaarrr! Oi'll be orderin a dozen assorted pretty pirate wenches fer me crew. Actually as me crew.

Image Image Image Image

The Davey Jone's Revenge be short a few crew after the bosun's mate left the hatch open when we submerged during sea trials last week. 'Arf me crew has deserted! The mutinous swabs said somfin 'bout they moight as well joinin ship wi' Cap'n Cronin. That be a cuttin' remark if ever Oi 'eard one.

Now Oi've only jest been able ter get 'er raised and Oi've gotta go an raid a few galleons ter pay the salvage fees and wiv 'arf me scurvy crew deserted Oi be a bit short 'anded yer see. Oi reckon these wenches'll be just the job.

Arrrgghhh, a pirate cap'n's werke is never done.

Cap'n One-Eye Nick
----

Ye may knowe mee better as Cap'n Bluenose
OZ_Nick
Stele Second Mate

Midgets

Postby black bart on Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:01 am

YYYAAARRRGH...Belay that OZ Nick...Two o those wenches be midgets! :D
black bart
Resident Weevil

Re: Midgets

Postby The Black Spot on Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:03 am

black bart wrote:YYYAAARRRGH...Belay that OZ Nick...Two o those wenches be midgets! :D

Ye dopey blaggard! Ye has yer spyglass the wrong way round again.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Next

Return to Pirate Discussion