Moderator: All Things Mods

Yarr... us be Pirates

Postby His Vasal on Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:31 pm

Yarr us'ns should go n pillage yonder ship! A'hoy! :fsm_yarr:

Pirates are the bizzom
His Vasal
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Jen on Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:54 pm

::polishes peg-leg and admires latest battle-wound, a comely scar across the keister, recieved in the great Battle of the One Legged A@@ Kicking Contest of 2005::

ARRRR, matey, I ain't much use fer nothin but pillagin and rum-guardin.

Course I've found the best way to guard the rum is to keep it in me beer stein with some sody and a twist of lime, because I likes it like that!

And then I gets a little sleepy, so I really ain't wunnerful in the pillagin'

But I'm ready!
Jen
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:21 pm

um... whats the point of this thread? is it roleplaying or something?
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby KingLackLuster on Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:32 pm

is it superpiratey or just PirateXtremerz!!!!!!!
No Soup for You!

Haha... I'm Back.
:shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish:
dance my minions
KingLackLuster
Agnolini Admiral

Postby DaveL on Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:12 pm

Guys,

Can you go play you little games on AIM? If you've got something to contribute to being piratey in relation to the broader forum, then let's hear it.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby Jen on Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:44 pm

Ay! I thoit we was pillagin!

I 'ad to say I was good a' pillagin when I wan't takin a nap from guardin' the rum.

An ye gonna go be a scurvy lad an tell me te go play somewhere's else.

It's the pink peg-leg, ain't it. Ye got a thing abouts pink peg-legs.

::adjusts eyepatch::

Foine! Guard yer own rum! I needs a nap, anyhow.
Jen

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:59 pm

Dave isn't here, but I'm going to say what I'm pretty sure he'd say, were he here.

TAKE IT TO AIM. this thread has no redeming values. it dosen't add to anything but your feeble post count, so stop.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby DaveL on Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:46 am

Thanks Qwerty. That's about right.

Guys, if your gonna start your own little conversation, do it somewhere else. It's like turning up univited and crashing a party.

This is an moderated forum, so unless you are prepared to conform with the rules, do it somewhere else.

Otherwise, stick around, read the threads and get to know the people here. We are a pretty infectious bunch, once you get to know us. So make the effort.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby His Vasal on Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:19 pm

i have seen less redeeming posts that have been praised by you. :roll: sorry to burst your bubble, no hard feelings :)

please dont take any offense i dont want any enemies
Pirates are the bizzom
His Vasal
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:28 pm

we're not REALLY angry at you. its just that we don't do threads that are just yarr, us be pirates! without anything saying 'this is roleplaying" or anything. just like how we don't want people posting links without descriptions.

everyones got to learn. and we deal with A LOT of annoying n00bs on a daily basis, so we may seem short temepered.... and we kind of are.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby His Worshipper on Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:34 pm

Pillage all the way, Dudes and Dudetts!
:fsm_yarr:
:worship: the FSM!
His Worshipper
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Jen on Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:51 pm

Ar?

::sneaks in, leg between tails, and tries not to look like a beaten dog::

Can we pillage and sink ships and sing bad songs now?

Pleeeeeaaassee?

::pets stuffed parakeet on shoulder::

It's ok, Mr. Chips, they'll either make us walk the plank or let us guard the rum.

An we ain't skeered of walkin the plank here. The sharks ain't too bad, 'specially when compared to the S.S. Florida Gubernatorial Election... now THEM's some shark infested seas, them is!
Jen

Postby ChowMein on Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:52 pm

Vassal,worshipper,

It seems i've thought harshly of you , I think you have the makings of good Pastafarians.
Just remember not to provoke the wrath of DD for her flames scorch the denizens of Hades. May your sauces over run your steins. RAmen.

JEN ,I don't recall you doing anything offensive.
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Postby DaveL on Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:42 am

No worries guys, I think we are all sorted.

We're pretty easy going here, so don't get too concerned. The release of Bobby's book has got us mods on newbie alert. We're expecting a deluge of hostile and meaningless threads on these boards. We were just doing what the Great Noodly One himself would ask of us. :fsm:

So in short - DO carry on. And come visit the other pirate threads.

And if you'll excuse me, I'm going to stop using my moderators voice and slip back into speaking Pirate. YArrrrrrr... :fsm_yarr:

So 'ave a good toime 'ere lads and laddettes. And if yer 'ave any hassles, yer can PM me.

Cheers maties,

DaveL
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:27 pm

so... are we Roleplaying now? Pirates could use a good roleplaying thread...

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Next

Return to Pirate Discussion