Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Swatopluk on Fri May 19, 2006 10:09 am

You are in need of Ritalin :wink: ?
Onward noodly pirates!
Bactrian Moose
Swatopluk
Chef Shaman of Hauro Pasta

Postby teripie on Fri May 19, 2006 11:35 am

Black bart's current avatar does bring ol' Douglas to mind doesn't it? The wavy blonde hair, the toothsome grin, all spell Fairbanks to me. (But then, I'm not wearing my glasses.)
-----(\ /)------
-----(o.o)-----
----(> <)-----
This is Bunny.
Bunny, as cute and cuddley as he may appear, is bent on world domination.
To achieve this he has decided to start by taking over teh intarweb, a step towards his ultimate goal.
To help him complete his quest and therefore ensure bunny domination, copy and paste him into your sig
teripie
Birthday Scribe

Postby The Black Spot on Fri May 19, 2006 11:36 am

Douglas Fairbanks must look like the Jolly Roger by now.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Junior

Postby black bart on Sat May 20, 2006 7:38 pm

Unless there be a Junior Junior Junior Douglas Fairbanks!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Griffin on Sat May 20, 2006 7:58 pm

Poisonallly I prefered the cloned Pirate Capn Bart. Now that would make a great movie.

EDIT Is Bart trying to outdo Mac on Green Wing?
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.
Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Trench Foot

Postby black bart on Mon May 22, 2006 7:27 am

I be thinkin of Clonin me Valderrama Pirate for the World cup - if Germany fight back it could lead to Trench Warfare! :fsm_yarr:
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby ChowMein on Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:22 am

We must not overlook Bluto/Brutus the pirate in the Popeye series. I wish they would air them again . I can remember so many of them along with the Old Sea Hag . ARRRRrrr..... the daze of my youth.......
Quote :" ARRR! GAGAGAGA ! , ...de sailin' loife fer me. ARR! GAGAGAGAGa....arr gagaga.....a...". (Popeye The Sailor)
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Postby ChowMein on Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:44 am

Did " Captains Courageous" have any pirates ?
Quote :" ARRR! GAGAGAGA ! , ...de sailin' loife fer me. ARR! GAGAGAGAGa....arr gagaga.....a...". (Popeye The Sailor)
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

orrible

Postby black bart on Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:59 am

AARRRRRR...It be about toim they made a proper pirate movie...no nancyin around with the loiks of Johnny Depp & co. We want orrible Black Rottin Hulks and a cast what hincludes Ray Winston, Daniel Craig...er basically the cast of Layer Cake! Twill make Saw 3 look like an episode o Telly Tubbies!
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby brodieboy on Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:26 pm

Cutthroat island:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112760/
I don't know if it be any good though, I never seen it.

There is also an anime about pirates called Onepiece. It was on one of the morning cartoon shows and looked rather bad, but apparently the original Japanese version was a lot better.

Speaking of anime, I would highly recommend Cowboy Bebop. It has a fantastic soundtrack
brodieboy
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Crap

Postby black bart on Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:05 am

Sadly Cutthroat island did for pirates what 'The League of Gentlemen' did for Alan Moore books...ie it was crap. Please leave the Alan Moore books alone hollywood!
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby The Black Spot on Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:50 am

Arrr...

Last weekend I saw a true classic o' the silver screen: Long John Silver's Return to Treasure Island.

'Tis one hundred minutes o' Yaaaaaarrring an' eye rollin' by Saint Robert Newton. The openin' scene be in a crowded tavern wi' scurvy lookin' knaves wi' eyepatches an' hooks. Then a fight breaks out. 'Tis probably the greatest film ever made.

Some people say that it be naught but cashing in on the success o' Treasure Island, but I has to disagree. The two films have faint similarities (such as Long John Silver bein' hired as the cook on a ship in search o' treasure, an' then 'ee attempts to take over the ship but the mutiny is foiled by a cabin boy called Jim Hawkins, an' the crew o' the ship is holed up in the stockade on Treasure Island, an' they find a man who's bin marooned on the island, an' Jim Lad kills a pirate called Israel Hands, an' Long John escapes in the end) but aparts from that they be completely different.

Marvellous.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

proper

Postby black bart on Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:49 pm

I'll keep an eye out fer that one, sounds like a proper film and no mistake. I can only remember the one Newton phrase at the moment (thems that dies etc)...could do with some more from the master.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby PantyGnawer on Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:15 am

PG sneaks in and steals all your rum
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Previous

Return to Pirate Discussion