PlayBilge Magazine and Centrefolds

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Glug

Postby black bart on Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:11 am

Sea bed clampin mechanism! What sea bed clampin mechanism, I don't know about any sea bed clampin mechanAAAAAAAARGH GURGLE GLUG GLUG GURGLE HELP! :?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DaveL on Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:33 am

YArrrrr...

Eres me latest big super weapon. First there was Big Dora, now 'eres Big Bertha. O'im quite partial to lettin' off a few 420mm rounds from this baby, just to let off some steam after a hard days pirating.

Oi just have to warn the people 15 km away that O'im playing with me new toy...and can yer please duck?

Nice piece of fort bustin artillery from WW1 if ever Oi've seen one. YArrrrr...
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:47 am

very stylish. ye might not want that on yer ship, seems a mite too heavy. but with wheels and some armor, ye'd be an indestructable monolith of piratcial terror!
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Swatopluk on Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:58 pm

For really long range with standard 8 inch calibre this is quite suitable.

Actually a 12 inch battleship gun with an inserted 8 in tube.
Brings terror to your enemies at more than 130 km range.
Also easy to take apart and move to different position.
Onward noodly pirates!
Bactrian Moose
Swatopluk
Chef Shaman of Hauro Pasta

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:00 am

DaveL wrote:YArrrrr...

Eres me latest big super weapon. First there was Big Dora, now 'eres Big Bertha. O'im quite partial to lettin' off a few 420mm rounds from this baby, just to let off some steam after a hard days pirating.

Oi just have to warn the people 15 km away that O'im playing with me new toy...and can yer please duck?

Nice piece of fort bustin artillery from WW1 if ever Oi've seen one. YArrrrr...

Oi should find a way of uploadin' some pictures of me home-cooked double-chambered Moon Unit air-powered "cannon". She was the queen of 420 rounds, and self-loading as well.... ye just had to flip a few valves and touch a flame to 'er. Absolutely deadly.

Oi've got plans for me next top-secret weapon, wot Oi'm calling the Tiki Toilet; it'll be self-loadin' and self-firing.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby DaveL on Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:09 am

Dr. Otis Lansa wrote:
Oi've got plans for me next top-secret weapon, wot Oi'm calling the Tiki Toilet; it'll be self-loadin' and self-firing.

Yarrrr...

That toilet sounds absolutely terrifyin'. O'im not sure if Oi should asks what ammunition you be firin' there. But if it's what Oi think it is, O'ill surrender me garrison without delay.

It might also get the thumbs up from Green Peace for recyclin biowaste.

YArrrrr...
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby The Black Spot on Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:35 am

DaveL wrote:That toilet sounds absolutely terrifyin'. O'im not sure if Oi should asks what ammunition you be firin' there. But if it's what Oi think it is, O'ill surrender me garrison without delay.

Arrr Cap'n Dave. Ye be leadin' 'im into a false sense o' security. We both know that our crews - 'aving been brought up on an almost constant diet o' fish head stew - won't be afeared of a few biodegradables. They's might even welcome the change.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Saints alive!

Postby black bart on Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:28 am

Did we have a Miss February in PlayBilge - I can't get the image o Big Brenda out o me mind and it be a long voyage from Scotland back to Portsmouth! If we did ave a Miss Feb - here's lookin forward to a fine lookin lass for March.

March 1st be my patron's Saints Day and I always makes sure me crew are wearin Leeks or Dafodils - sometimes it be hard to get old fresh veg so we have to wear lumps o sea weed or a squid with his tentacles painted green!!!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Swatopluk on Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:23 pm

Image Image
Not perfect, but they may do until the "official" one arrives.
Onward noodly pirates!
Bactrian Moose
Swatopluk

Postby DaveL on Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:42 am

The Black Spot wrote:
Arrr Cap'n Dave. Ye be leadin' 'im into a false sense o' security. We both know that our crews - 'aving been brought up on an almost constant diet o' fish head stew - won't be afeared of a few biodegradables. They's might even welcome the change.

YArrrr...

That is unless your cannon happens to be a Krupp, which sounds a bit like that toilet gun.

Get a load of this baby.

Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Kruppy

Postby black bart on Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:32 am

There's nothin quite loik a damn good KRUPP! :D
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Swatopluk on Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:42 am

If Krupp, then this:
But I think weapons belong into another thread.
Onward noodly pirates!
Bactrian Moose
Swatopluk

Postby Duke on Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:57 pm

DaveL wrote:
The Black Spot wrote:

YArrrr...

That is unless your cannon happens to be a Krupp, which sounds a bit like that toilet gun.

Get a load of this baby.

Yar, there's somethin' in yer barrel.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby DaveL on Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:33 am

Swatopluk wrote:If Krupp, then this:
But I think weapons belong into another thread.

YArrrrr...

That be the biggest Krupp Oi've ever seen.

Oi think that be the Scwhere Gustav, used on fortifications at Sebastopool durin' WW2.

HOLY KRUPP!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwere_Gustav
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Nick

Postby black bart on Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:37 am

Looks like just the gun to take out St Nick next Christmas - I likes to plan ahead! :D
black bart
Resident Weevil

PreviousNext

Return to Pirate Discussion