PlayBilge Magazine and Centrefolds

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Swatopluk on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:58 am

Methinks we still lack a cartoon section
If Mr. Flynt (without lock) can make a splash, why not we?
Onward noodly pirates!
Bactrian Moose
Swatopluk
Chef Shaman of Hauro Pasta

Postby Duke on Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:44 pm

Aye, ken anyone draw? I ken't.................

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Swatopluk on Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:42 am

Never use the word 'draw' in a naval enviroment if you don't want a fight. You risk that everyone present will draw.....their cutlasses :mrgreen: .
Onward noodly pirates!
Bactrian Moose
Swatopluk
Chef Shaman of Hauro Pasta

Migeteer

Postby black bart on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:47 am

If we're goin to do a cartoon strip, we need ideas and characters. How about a Pirate Midget and his adventures.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DaveL on Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:44 pm

YArrrrr...

Ere be PlayBilge Miss February for yer lads.

Name: Matilda

Ship: The Arggh 9000

Dislikes: Noisy Parrots

Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby LibraLabRat on Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:07 pm

I have heard of these special pirate wenches known as "naturists" got any pitchurs of them, yarrrrr
'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes."
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby DaveL on Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:22 am

AND NOW A WORD FROM OUR SPONSORS...

Fuse-a-wig - Staple by Staple

Yarrrrr…Lads. Bein’ youthful and virile be all connected with yer wenchin’ ability. And yer wenchin’ ability often be linked the amount of hair yer have on yer head. For the modern day pirate, bein’ bald is a scourge, and there be nuthin’ worse than seein’ a chrome domed pirate or bein’ called 'Nude-nut', 'Kojak' or 'Dr Evil'.

Picture this. Yer ship hits the nearest port and yer head for the nearest waterin’ hole. And there seated in the corner yer spy a lovely wench who’s caught yer eye. The tavern music is flowin’ along with the rum... there’s a good vibe goin’ on, and then yer take yer tricorn off…music stops…heads turn…"He’s BALD!!" Suddenly you’re all all alone as yer wench slips off to chat up some hirsute navy dog.

Well lads there is an answer. Fuse-a-wig be the most modern hair replacement technique this side of the port of Antigua. Using our revolutionary office equipment technology, well staple your hair back usin' our Staple by Staple technology. And before yer know it the wenches will be flockin’ to yer.

Ere’s what our happy customers have had to say about Fuse-a-wig

OUCH!!!! Capn Cuthbert Bilson

‘When Oi wuz a lad growin up, Oi had a full head of lovely ‘air that the wenches just loved. In fact Oi use to put Chewbacca to shame with me lovely locks. Then over night it startin fallin’ out.

In me obvious desperation, Oi headed for the nearest Fuse-a-Wig salon Oi could foind. The pain was excruciatin’ but the results were instant. Now every Wookie wench on this side of the galaxy is after me. Thanks Fuse-a-Wig!'
Capn Ham Yoyo.

So there you ‘ave it lads. If a follicular challenge be yer challenge, then head for Fuse-a-Wig today.

Fuse-a-Wig – it bloomin’ hurts…but not as much as bein’ bald. Yarrrrrr
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby The Black Spot on Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:14 am

Arrr...

I's be thinkin that I'll take ye up on this fine idea. Tells me, could yer also do the hole-punch hair removal treatment fer me back?
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

YARWARS

Postby black bart on Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:11 am

YYYAAARRR there be a terrific new film out in the YARWARS trilogy. I feel that Captain Lucas be back on track with this one - tis truly scary and an apocalyptic vision o the future. Here be the poster:

The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Duke on Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:07 pm

Oi am gonna show that one on the Movie Night on my craft...........

Yarr!

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby DaveL on Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:14 pm

YArrrr...

That looks loike a foine movie idea there Bart! Just one of those geezers looks scary enough. I wonder if they are bald under that tricorn?
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby Duke on Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:25 pm

Oi would wager dey are, Dave....................

Dis movie migh' give me nightmares....................

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby DaveL on Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:36 pm

Yeah, but the one in Bart's avatar be slightly different, for he has a bung eye...YArrrrrr...
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby Duke on Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:36 pm

Gah! You reminded me! I made a picture, a pirate picture, and it is on my hard drive. How do I get it so I can show it to you all?

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby DaveL on Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:26 pm

Duke wrote:Gah! You reminded me! I made a picture, a pirate picture, and it is on my hard drive. How do I get it so I can show it to you all?

Duke

Yarrrr...

Oi's be usin' Imageshack Duke. Create a link to the image on yer drive, then use the 'Img' button and paste it yer post box. It takes a bit of practice, but ye should 'ave it in no toime.

http://www.imageshack.us/
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Pirate Discussion