Moderator: All Things Mods

Cutlass or Pistol

Cutlass
77%
Pistol
23%

Total votes : 101

Postby Antipaladin on Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:28 am

Yar, a flinty be a pain ter reload wit' one harnd, let alone less if ye be sportin' a hook.
He's dastardly. He loves catastrophy. His schemes are masterly. Sixteen and half-past-three.
Antipaladin
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Aleph-One on Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:48 am

Ye just need ta be flippin' er around an' pistol whippin' the scallywags until ye have a chance ta reload.
It is an experimentally confirmed fact that Dembski gets his jollies by licking the butts of cats with IBS.
Aleph-One
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Swatopluk on Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:38 am

You could use a Lorenzoni pistol. Should suffice for a battle. With a bit of exercise you can prepare the next shot singlehandedly while meanwhile working with the cutlass. But grease it properly or you risk a nasty surprise.
Onward noodly pirates!
Bactrian Moose
Swatopluk
Chef Shaman of Hauro Pasta

Postby Duke on Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:06 pm

Aleph-One wrote:Yarr! Thar be no reason, earthly ar ephemeral for why ye can't jaars be usin' both a cutlass an' a pistol mateys.

Ye just have ta be havin' that hand-eye caardination.

Welcome to the forums, Aleph-One!!!

Ninja talk it most certainly is, Antipaladin.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby LeftLogic1 on Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:21 pm

Pistols are for cowboys, not the likes of us sea farin' folk! Besides, I don' want me entire pirate crew firin' off rounds in a crowded ship we happin' to be takin'. Arr.
LeftLogic1
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Swatopluk on Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:13 am

Another reason to use stopping not penetrating bullets. And to keep order while entering of course.
Onward noodly pirates!
Bactrian Moose
Swatopluk

Postby Pachyderm on Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:02 am

Cutlass.

The blood o' my sundered enemies is the only true freebooter's bath.

I will admit a little flinty is fun fer albatross huntin' when yer bored.
------(\ /)------
-----(o.o)-----
-----(> <)-----
This is Bunny.
Bunny, as cute and cuddly as he may appear, is bent on world domination.
To achieve this he has decided to start by taking over teh intarweb, a step towards his ultimate goal.
To help him complete his quest and therefore ensure bunny domination, copy and paste him into your sig
Pachyderm
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby LibraLabRat on Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:14 am

As I have said time and again.......

Flintlocks? Bah. Gimme an Ingram, a Tec, something that sprays a lot o lead...or a blunderbuss...yeah. SHoulder cannon.....or just go for the combo cutlass pistol, best o both worlds.
'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes."
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby Swatopluk on Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:18 am

Ever actually tried a cutlass pistol? Fancy but worthless!
Automatic weaponry is so difficult to maintain (and get proper ammo for). Gimme grapeshot, dat's all ye need! And then unto them with the good ol' cutlass (and the trusted battleaxe, of course).
Onward noodly pirates!
Bactrian Moose
Swatopluk

Parrot Power

Postby black bart on Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:02 am

YYYAARR ye'll all be jealous o me new invention...tis fiendish. Ye've heard o the throwin knife, well I've got.......
a Throwin Parrot! He looks like a normal parrot but he be made of steel with a rasor sharp beak. He sits on me shoulder all peaceful like until the moment I enter the fray, then I grabs him and hurls him at my dismayed opponent!

Can be filled with gunpowder and used as a hand grenade.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Swatopluk on Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:10 am

You probably haven't followed the extended parrot discussion in this very folder. Pirate technology has been beyond those simple gimmicks long ago.
Offensive parrotting is a long established art form for pirates of all tastes.
Onward noodly pirates!
Bactrian Moose
Swatopluk

Memory Banks

Postby black bart on Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:42 am

YYAAARRR I've been pirating for so long I can't even remember what hand me hooks on!

I thought I was bein brilliantly original, but as usual me brain, addled with grog, was playin tricks on me! :fsm_worried:
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Swatopluk on Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:48 am

Every idea is original if one hasn't heard of it before. The act of inventing something without knowledge that is has already been invented is in no way smaller than a real first.
Just don't be too surprised if you find your model to be outmoded in a battle. Never rely on superior technology alone, trust your cutlass (and axe)!
Onward noodly pirates!
Bactrian Moose
Swatopluk

Postby ribbit on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:52 pm

Swatopluk wrote:Every idea is original if one hasn't heard of it before. The act of inventing something without knowledge that is has already been invented is in no way smaller than a real first.
Just don't be too surprised if you find your model to be outmoded in a battle. Never rely on superior technology alone, trust your cutlass (and axe)!

And Boarding Pike
ribbit
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Duke on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:13 pm

As for weaponry, I have my katana in one hand, cutlass 'i the otha, throwin' stars in the pocket, an' sniper rifle on ma back.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

PreviousNext

Return to Pirate Discussion