Moderator: All Things Mods

Cutlass or Pistol

Cutlass
77%
Pistol
23%

Total votes : 101

Postby Duke on Thu May 11, 2006 9:12 pm

Swatopluk wrote:Sew away! the other side can't sue you anymore with the new and improved EPA standards [we need that barfing emoticon].

Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster for lax environmental standards.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

morals

Postby black bart on Fri May 12, 2006 9:01 am

...and loose morals! :D
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Duke on Fri May 12, 2006 2:16 pm

We couldn't forget that, could we?!?

Hurrah for loose moral standards! :fsm: :fsm_float: :fsm:

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Richard A Montague. on Wed May 17, 2006 8:32 am

Cutlass all the way,
those things rock!
theyre all like slash, sweesh!

:fsm_rock:
Yay!

:worship: :fsm_float:

:shellfish: CRAB!
Richard A Montague.
Ziti Zealot

glasses

Postby black bart on Wed May 17, 2006 9:15 am

Cutlass in one hand, Hook in other hand...now where the devil did I put my reading glasses?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Swatopluk on Wed May 17, 2006 9:55 am

Do you need them for a last minute fencing course from "Fencing for dummy pirates" (available at every good lootable book shop)?
Onward noodly pirates!
Bactrian Moose
Swatopluk
Chef Shaman of Hauro Pasta

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed May 17, 2006 11:27 am

Duke wrote:
Swatopluk wrote:Sew away! the other side can't sue you anymore with the new and improved EPA standards [we need that barfing emoticon].

Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster for lax environmental standards.

Duke

:x :x :x If he's to blame, it ain't gonna be olive oil that I toss him with. :x :x :x

It's Mammon at work again, I tell ya....
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Swatopluk on Wed May 17, 2006 11:37 am

What has Olive Oyl to do with it?
---
People still try to refute the word that one cannot serve the Lord and Mammon at the same time.
Onward noodly pirates!
Bactrian Moose
Swatopluk

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed May 17, 2006 11:41 am

It's true, but Mammon's sneaky. He's got quite a large Christian following that's never even heard of him.

Can you give me a link to some of that EPA news, Swato?

And for the record... BIG FREAKIN' KNIVES. Can't hunt well with a pistol, and can't butcher at all.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Swatopluk on Wed May 17, 2006 12:20 pm

I can give either no or a hundred links to that. The whole period of Bush's regime is a permanent hollowing out of EPA standards, stopping enforcement of standards that still exist, letting already indicted companies off the hook, hiring lobbyists to write new standards (e.g. the chief lobbyist of the lead industry that publicly stated that lead is harmless and the limits should be increased by a factor of at least 40, while the true experts demanded unanimously that the current standards should be tightend by a factor of at least 2.). And then that old bogeyman of ruthless leftists who try to sue all industry to submission and that therefore polluters have to be protected 100% against liability (mercury, asbestos etc.). As far as I can see, the next budget bill already attracts amendments of that kind like honey does flies (as did the previous, they are filibuster-proof).
Onward noodly pirates!
Bactrian Moose
Swatopluk

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed May 17, 2006 12:37 pm

Ah, OK... I thought it might have been a 'one fell swoop' type thing. Regs keep getting tighter up here, generally speaking.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Duke on Wed May 17, 2006 2:01 pm

'Ere's my cutlass, I looted it somewhere off the coast of Spain.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Shovel

Postby black bart on Thu May 18, 2006 10:43 am

A lovely blade thar Duke. I be birthed in the metropolis today and met up with some old chums in a fine Tavern near Charing Cross goin by the curious name o 'The Ship and Shovel'. As I sipped me grog it brought to mind that time when in defence of a large heap o treasure I grabbed the nearest available weapon which tweren't no Cutlass nor a Pistol...twere a nice big sharp shovel...took the blighter's head clean off!
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Swatopluk on Thu May 18, 2006 12:48 pm

A trench folding spade? Those are nasty things in close combat.
Onward noodly pirates!
Bactrian Moose
Swatopluk

Postby Enigma on Thu May 18, 2006 9:19 pm

I'd preferable be using a dagger as weapon of choice, but never do I even think of popping holes in me' adversaries using scurvy gunfire! If forced to use one, I'd rather use the handle as a blunt instrument and whap me' some skulls than pulling that trigger. I might be a pirate, but I'd be damned if I'm not an honorable one. Pistols and such peashooters are no true pirate's way of taking life, although I must admit I be having a tendency to lurk in shadows and backstab me' victims once in a while. But this has nothing to do with me' horrible marksmanship, I just don't fancy being shot when charging blindly ahead. Takes the fun out of berserk rage, it does.
Arrogance is bliss
Enigma
Ziti Zealot

PreviousNext

Return to Pirate Discussion