The Last Post Thread, 2.0

Non-FSM topics and the ubiquitous Last Post Gyro Shop.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Postby Finrod on Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:05 pm

Marvelous idea, think I'll have a room temperature glass of that Last Post.
"The avalanche has begun, the pebbles do not get a vote." Ambassador Kosh of the Vorlon Empire

"The universe is made up of three elements, matter, energy, and enlightened self interest."
Finrod
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Warlord of Elephants on Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:12 pm

Finrod wrote:Marvelous idea, think I'll have a room temperature glass of that Last Post.

Huzza! It is almost impossible to get a drink of Scotchy goodness with out ice in most places I have been in Texas. I say "neat' they ask with ice, I say "no neat, no ICE!" Savages, savages I tell you...... <sigh>
Well good people I'm off to camp with the Pagani I shall return Sunday.... I'll leave the last post right over here where it will be safe till I return. Sin. WoE.
"I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit; it's the only way to be sure."

I devoured my 'good' twin in utero

"Doctor Evil! I didn't spend six years in evil medical school to be called "Mister," thank you very much."
Warlord of Elephants
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Finrod on Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:21 pm

Sniff sniff, there's a grumpy old man about....best secure this Last Post for WoE. I mean what are friends for anyway.
"The avalanche has begun, the pebbles do not get a vote." Ambassador Kosh of the Vorlon Empire

"The universe is made up of three elements, matter, energy, and enlightened self interest."
Finrod
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Duke on Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:59 pm

I can't let the Last Post get involved with this, so I'll have to take it.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Not a Yaller Beard on Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:50 pm

I'm not really all that grumpy. Particularly after a wee dram or seven of neat malt beverage. And, in fact, with Last Post in hand, not grumpy a'tall.
Not a Yaller Beard
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Duke on Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:21 pm

Classes don't start until later today, this is nice. It means, all things considered, that I can once again take the Last Post.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Finrod on Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:01 pm

To class with you, learn stuff. Knowledge is a wonderous thing, like the knowledge I possess the Last Post.

Finrod
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Duke on Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:09 pm

Ah, but to class I go, but not for another Thirty Minutes of Last Post Taking.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Not a Yaller Beard on Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:31 pm

Time is well past up from him to be gone, maybe he won't notice the missing Last Post when he returns from class.
Not a Yaller Beard
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Duke on Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:00 pm

I have gone, and I have returned, returned for my Last Post.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Not a Yaller Beard on Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:01 pm

Which said Last Post seems not to be around, now, does it Duke?
Not a Yaller Beard
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Finrod on Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:08 pm

Well of course its not around, because I have the Last Post.

Finrod
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Duke on Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:54 pm

Not a Yaller Beard wrote:Which said Last Post seems not to be around, now, does it Duke?

You might think so, but The Last Post seems to be right here.......

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Not a Yaller Beard on Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:49 pm

That Last Post that seemed to be right there must have been a figment.
Not a Yaller Beard
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Duke on Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:11 pm

No, not at all: I have The Last Post.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous Discussion