Our Animals

Non-FSM topics and the ubiquitous Last Post Gyro Shop.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Our Animals

Postby TwistedSister on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:47 pm

Hope you like changing diapers.

Good luck with that. :haha:
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:24 pm

I just noticed I have pictures of my creatures, and I haven't posted them in this thread yet!

http://ados.ermarian.net/aboutme/ Pictures of my three cats and two birds are on that page.

Also, here's my less animate creatures, in a group photo!

From top to bottom, left to right, back to front, they are Mr. Stickybuns the parrot, Inspector Peanut the tortoise (a.k.a. the Fluffy Turtle), Afkyafk the duck, Lampost the goldfish, Yednik the tribble, Nifty Bob the computer, Cap'n Calder Kraken the Cuddle Cuttlefish, Pete the Peeps chick, Thomas English Muffin Squares the Peeps bunny, Percival the turkey, Newt Gingerbread the squeaky gingerbread man, Honeybear the bear, Buffy the buffalo (who is a boy buffalo and was not named after the vampire slayer, who I had never heard of at the time), Rash the cardinal, Mindale the bull, Jeegily the stag beetle, the Byoonifoow Wock, Honeydew the teddy bear, Sharky Warky the tiger shark, and Dirty Hambone Sal, the alligator.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby TwistedSister on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:28 pm

Seems as though I may be taking Max back to the vet for his little pee-pee problems.
I caught him using the litter box today and he must have been in there over 5 minutes peeing. (or trying to)
I also saw him back up to a cabinet and act like he was spraying. I stopped him and then noticed several drops of pee on the bathroom floor.
He's not crying like he's in pain though. He always cries, but the pain cry is different. So, I guess I will call the vet tomorrow and see if I can get his chubby butt back in there to see what's what.
It's always sumptin! :bummer:
TwistedSister

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:47 pm

Poor Max! :bummer:

I hope he can be made properly well this time. I hope it's not serious. A blockage would be horrible.

ADoS - lovely family photo! :lol:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby TwistedSister on Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:54 pm

Thanks Tig.
I thought we had the problem taken care of, but apparently not.
Will find out tomorrow, hopefully.

Max is my baby boy. He loves his Momma and I loves him.
TwistedSister

Postby DavidH on Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:29 am

Poor old Max. :fingers_crossed:
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby farfalla on Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:03 pm

well wishing for Max, TS

(felling feline guilt for temporarily abandoning my cat)
~~~~~~/\~~~~~~

The heart has its reason, of which reason knows nothing. -Pascal - thanks, Z

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."
Cpt Jack Sparrow

"I'm used to going out at 3 in the morning and doing something stupid."
Alan Moore

Silk 'n mind
farfalla
Feline Fatale

Postby TwistedSister on Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:37 pm

Got Max to the vet today. The chubby SOB knew what was going on well before it was time to load him into the carrier. I thought I'd put the carrier in the kitchen around a corner out of sight, tempt Max to the counter top from the bedroom with treats. (he hears the bag and USUALLY comes running). Not this time. Little shit was under the bed, of course I couldn't reach him.
Go back downstairs, bring carrier upstairs, put it in cat room, open bedroom door and put dry cat food into dish.
(Max is always ready to eat) Not this time.
He ran back downstairs.
ANYWAY finally mangaged to trap him in kitty room, he was so scared, he peed on my drafting table.
Got him into carrier, without any harm to me this time.
Saw the female vet that blew me off the day after Thanksgiving (I REALLY don't like this lady) she tries to get Max to pee, I just got done telling her he peed right before we left.
She's going on and on about stress can do this to a cat.
(?!) the other vet didn't say anything about that. This cat's only stress is when another person come into the house and that only happens maybe 3 times a year.
So, distilled water (doing that) low ash food. (the other vet said what I was feeding should be fine) Wet food not dry, want to get more liquids into him to help pass the crystals. (other vet didn't say anything about that)
Keep him locked all by himself with food, water and litter box to monitor how much he pees.
I feel VERY bad about that one. Max loves to sleep on the bed and play with Oliver. I decided to lock him in the kitty room since that's the room where the litter boxes and food are so he's used to it.
There is also a cut out in the door for the cats to enter the room without the door being open. (we did that because we used to have dogs and that was the best way to keep the dogs from messing with the litter boxes and cat food)
I put the child gate outside the door, so Max could still interact with Oliver and so he couldn't slip out the door when I have to go into the room.
Well, Max (who loves food) apparently isn't keen on canned food!!! Thought maybe he was just stressed out after today, but I had given him his pain med and tranks and he still turned his nose up to it. I put a few pieces of dry food on the floor and the ate it.
Well, this is getting long, but I feel SOOOOOO bad about keeping him locked up alone because he doesn't understand whats going on. I'm hoping to find a big wet spot in the litter tomorrow so I can let him out.
I feel this bad about a cats feelings, good thing I never had a baby. I think this is more stressful for me than the cat.
I just don't understand why he's having a problem now, he is 5 years old, I would have thought something like this would have happened sooner. I do know one thing, next time I take him to the vet, I'm going to see which vet is on duty because this woman (even though I've been going there for many years) doesn't connect with anyone and doesn't listen!!!
Sorry for the rant, it's been a long day.
Also sorry for any spelling mistakes, I didn't proof read. Too damn long.
TwistedSister

Postby Ubi Dubius on Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:07 pm

Best wishes to Max. It sounds like the vet is just fishing, perhaps it will help anyway.

Don't worry about ranting, if anybody doesn't want to read it, they can scroll down.
Davros, Attorney and Pieces of Law
Keeping up appearances is a very important activity in religion; in fact, maintaining tattered illusions is its main activity. - Richard Wade, on Friendlyatheist.com
We make an idol of our fear and call it God. -Ingmar Bergman, The Seventh Seal
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby DavidH on Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:46 am

Poor Max. As you said, it feels so bad to do these things to them because they don't understand. All the best.
Sorry for the rant
That's what we're all here for. I'll rant at you when I need to and you'll cheer me up a bit. :violin:
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:50 am

Oh dear, TS. :bummer: Poor Max. Poor you!

I really can't help much. In a way, the woman who wrote "All Cats Have Asperger's Syndrome" had it spot on. Cats, like people like me, love their predictable routines, their predictable places and their predictable food. They don't find it 'boring' to eat the same stuff day in, day out - they find it reassuring.

When we realised Sanka was actually having a mild allergic reaction to the milk component in her preferred food we had to change over to a non-milk one gradually; at first slipping a small quantity of the new food into each serving and gradually increasing the proportion until we could leave out the old stuff altogether. Even so, the first few meals she ate around the new food before the smell became familiar enough for her to start trying it.

The fact that Max is eating dried food shouldn't be a problem as long as he is drinking plenty. If a cat isn't drinking enough, it might be that the water is too cold, too warm or tastes funny, especially if their pet ape has forgotten to wash her water bowl or has splashed something in it! :tongue:

I do hope he gets well soon. This is stressful for you both. :sad:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby black bart on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:09 am

Sympathy to Twisty about the moggy.

The Hamster has arrived!

Bloody thing kept me up half the night going round and round in it's wheel!!!! :furious:

We could be getting a puppy sooner than I thought. :evilgrin:
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:57 am

black bart wrote:Sympathy to Twisty about the moggy.

The Hamster has arrived!

Bloody thing kept me up half the night going round and round in it's wheel!!!! :furious:

We could be getting a puppy sooner than I thought. :evilgrin:

Clothespeg.

NO!!! :shocked: Not on the hamster!!! :shrug:

Pegged to the bars behind the wheel every evening to stop it turning during the night…
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby TwistedSister on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:28 am

:bounce: On the Hamster :bounce:

Max hasn't touched the canned cat food from the vet at all.............
Called vet's office and the tech said to warm it up so it smells more.
I explained that the food was warm as I hadn't even opened the cat yet.
Vet also has this low ash food in dry, but they want as much liquid in him as possible, so I may get some of that and just put some water on it as Tig suggested.
Him not eating anything isn't going to help his problem.
Apparently I have an odd ball cat that doesn't like canned food (or tuna fish).

I'm glad I never had kids. I'd be bald by now.

Thanks for the support guys. :grin:
TwistedSister

Postby bacon on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:51 am

Congrats on the hamster, Bart! :lurk:

Sorry to hear about Max, Sis. Tig's idea is great. Another idea to try and get Max to drink more is to add a little bit of milk to the water to give it a creamy taste.
Get your bake on. Image

TwistedSister wrote:You can't go wrong with a side of Bacon on your side.........
bacon
Everything's Better With Bacon

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous Discussion