Sports

Non-FSM topics and the ubiquitous Last Post Gyro Shop.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Sports

Postby daftbeaker on Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:01 pm

Watching the old game after the Six Nations match today I'm amazed how quickly the scrum was formed and moving. Generally speaking the scrum was started within 3 seconds of the whistle. Compare with the several minutes of the current scrum.

It is interesting how priorities change.
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby daftbeaker on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:26 pm

Bloody hell that was a good weekend of rugby. Roy, if you haven't seen the Scotland - Italy game yet you should find it on the BBC iplayer, nervewracking last 5 minutes.

England, despite losing a potential try by inches at the start, still beat the Irish. No team's getting a slam this year and they all look pretty evenly matched. England, Ireland or Wales could win the championship and I think England-Wales in a fortnight will be the match that decides the winner.
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Roy Hunter on Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:34 am

daftbeaker wrote:Roy, if you haven't seen the Scotland - Italy game yet you should find it on the BBC iplayer, nervewracking last 5 minutes.

Thanks, but I don't really 'get' rugby, and the last thing I need at the weekend is my nerves further wracked.

I hear it was very good though. I hope it's not a one-off fluke, and that we might be on the way back as a team.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby PKMKII on Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:52 pm

Major League Baseball season opener to be in Australia.

They're retrofitting the Sydney Cricket Grounds to be a baseball ballpark. There will be a double-header between the Arizona Diamondbacks and the L.A. Dodgers.
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby PKMKII on Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:47 am

Watching this season opener, and I gotta say Aussies, that Sydney Cricket Grounds is one nice-looking stadium.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII

Postby PKMKII on Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:55 pm

Mets swept the D-backs, now have a winning record for the first time this season. BASK IN OUR ATHLETIC PROWESS!

"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous Discussion