Venganza People Google Map

Non-FSM topics and the ubiquitous Last Post Gyro Shop.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Venganza People Google Map

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:03 am

black bart wrote:
Detective TurtleHolmes wrote:I can't understand French but that picture's pretty cool.
And true.

I went to his house you know...he wasn't in but his evil guards were everywhere...I saw them disarm a poor old man of his precious Swiss Army knife.
I'll bet you've never seen an old man carving up an apple with one of them. Frightening!
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.
Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby Scott the Pirate on Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:30 pm

So Eniavlys,
Is it true that Heaven is where all of the cooks are French, the police are British and the mechanics are German?

Or that Hell is where all of the cooks are British, the police are German and the mechanics are French?

:welcome:
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby daftbeaker on Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:37 pm

Scott the Pirate wrote:Or that Hell is where all of the cooks are British, the police are German and the mechanics are French?

Hell is also organised by the Italians and the TV programmes are made by the Belgians (forgotten where I saw this now).

Perhaps the cooks could be Scottish? England can still have football fans and bank opening hours.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Roy Hunter on Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:39 pm

daftbeaker wrote:Perhaps the cooks could be Scottish?
Well, f**k you very much for that. None of Roy's curry for daftbeaker, then.
:moon:
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby daftbeaker on Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:24 pm

Is this proper curry or the strange, non-spicy version sometimes served in pubs with great big sultanas floating in it? :wink:

Also, I was being slightly sarcastic, there's Gordon "Gratuitous Swearing" Ramsay for a start. Can't get much more Glaswegian than hurling abuse at everyone while holding a knife :haha:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

daftbeaker

Postby Roy Hunter on Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:37 pm

daftbeaker wrote:Is this proper curry or the strange, non-spicy version sometimes served in pubs with great big sultanas floating in it? :wink:
We sometimes spend most of the day making dinner. The last time we had people over for dinner, we counted that we used at least 48 different ingredients (many of them more than once), and it took two people four hours to prepare. No, it's not the stuff you get in pubs.

daftbeaker wrote:Can't get much more Glaswegian than hurling abuse at everyone while holding a knife :haha:
You forgot the shellsuit, the bottle of Buckie, and the Burberry baseball cap.

Personally, I think Hell is administered by the Child Support Agency, who sub-contracted the work to Serco, and the PR is handled by Hazel Blears (well, she needs a new job, doesn't she?).
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby PantyGnawer on Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:52 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:We sometimes spend most of the day making dinner. The last time we had people over for dinner, we counted that we used at least 48 different ingredients (many of them more than once), and it took two people four hours to prepare. No, it's not the stuff you get in pubs.

RECIPE..... or else it didn't happen.
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby PKMKII on Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:31 pm

I'm making this Chicken Tikka Masala tonight.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby PantyGnawer on Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:36 pm

PKMKII wrote:I'm making this Chicken Tikka Masala tonight.

Bookmarked for future noms.
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby daftbeaker on Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:41 pm

PantyGnawer wrote:
PKMKII wrote:I'm making this Chicken Tikka Masala tonight.

Bookmarked for future noms.

What he said. That looks really good.

daftbeaker

Postby PKMKII on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:54 am

Pro-tip: test the temperature of the chicken after you're done broiling it. I had particularly thick pieces of chicken, and it was only 145 degrees F (63 degree C) inside when it was done broiling. I had to bake for a bit afterward to get it to a safe temperature.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII

Postby PantyGnawer on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:56 am

PKMKII wrote:Pro-tip: test the temperature of the chicken after you're done broiling it. I had particularly thick pieces of chicken, and it was only 145 degrees F (63 degree C) inside when it was done broiling. I had to bake for a bit afterward to get it to a safe temperature.

Don't forget though, that the internal temp will rise as the meat rests. I usually pull any meat about 10 degrees below the target temp cover with foil and let it rest.
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby PKMKII on Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:20 am

yeah, but 145 is nowhere near close to safe for poultry.

PKMKII

Postby PantyGnawer on Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:42 pm

Balderdash. For breasts I'm comfortable between 155 and 160. The juices run clear. If I followed the "official" guidelines for food safety everything I cooked would be overcooked rubbery hockey pucks. The advisories always err way on the side of caution in order to protect their own asses.
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby PG's Mum on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:40 pm

PG, (you wonderful cook)
Please call your mum.
tyvm
PG's Mum
Conchigliette Convert

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous Discussion