Professional parody

Caution! Spoilers abound! If you have not read the book, enter at your own peril.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Professional parody

Postby EarthRise on Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:40 am

So I contacted RandomHouse (producers of the Gospel) a little while ago through their Customer Service department. In my contact, I requested that they create a newer version of the Gospel, with higher quality paper and a professional-looking faux leather binding.

Because, truth told, that's the only reason I haven't bought the Gospel: I've heard many stories about how flimsy it is, and have been awaiting a more durable version.

The Customer Service department stated that they had received my letter and forwarded it to the editorial department. This announcement was the last I heard from RH.

Should I pursue this matter? And, if so, should a petition or something be collected from this forum or summat? I'm so entirely new at this type of business.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby EarthRise on Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:08 am

Coolness. Merci much, Aunt.

I can provide a copy of the original correspondence if it's necessary.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

nicer version of gospel

Postby Chris Schluep on Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:43 pm

We've been talking about a nicer version of the book. I think there's a chance it will happen. Hopefully, I'll have more on that later.

By the way, the Gospel of the FSM has been nominated for a Quill Award (in the humor category, not the religious one-- Oh well). It would be a fairly big deal if we could orchestrate a win for Bobby and the Noodly One.

Go to www.quillsvote.com to cast a vote for the FSM. And make all your friends vote. The awards ceremony will be on tv, and maybe we can get Bobby to accept the award (it's black tie).

Dee Dee: can we encourage people to vote in some more official way?

Chris
Chris Schluep
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Chris Schluep on Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:43 pm

By the way, I never got the letter you sent.
Chris Schluep
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:51 pm

Voted!

Chris Schluep wrote:Dee Dee: can we encourage people to vote in some more official way?

Chris, if it's not there already, a link on the main page (venganza.org) would be your best bet... talk to Bobby, I suppose. It gets way more hits per day than the forums. On the forum side, feel free to start a thread on it, or I can put a couple up as time allows (i.e. at lunchtime - soon!)
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:52 pm

Done. I've dropped announcements in multiple forums. Hope we get enough votes....!
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby EarthRise on Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:10 pm

Auntie rocks.

Chris, I could send you the original letter if you would prefer to have an "official" copy thingie. Much thanks for considering the request.

Let's get ourselves a professional gospel.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Re: nicer version of gospel

Postby E.Raser on Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:05 am

Chris Schluep wrote: And make all your friends vote.

Voted !
But where can I buy a copy of the book ?
I registered myself in Amazon and noone answered me.
I WANT TO BUY A COPY.
Can I vote without ever read the book ?
Yes, I can.
Communist too have voted for 40 year without having ever read Marx :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
E.Raser
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Spoone on Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:56 am

A leather-bound book would be kick-ass.

Besides, it makes us look good. :)
ImageImage
Spoone
Conchigliette Convert

Return to Gospel of FSM Book Discussion