"Religion" of Hate

Posts that are locked but open for perusal.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:16 pm

Yarr matey ,

Me thinks elijah be wun ove dem "sofistdekated trolls" , and he dun good by stringin' us along fer all dese pages .
Argh ! Congrats elijah , thet be wicket (2) cents ove humarr ye tossed at us , 'ope ye had fun.
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
User avatar
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility
 
Posts: 3833
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:34 am
Location: Bedlam

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby stott_s on Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:36 pm

I thought I had read somewhere in this thread that it was being shut down...seems someone said that it was simply a flame, getting no where, and was pointless to keep it going.

Maybe I read wrong or some such.
I excersize regularly, by wading (through red tape), jumping (to conclusions), leaping (through hoops) and running (out of time).
User avatar
stott_s
Cavatappi Cabin Boy
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:53 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby stott_s on Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:37 pm

Mad Willyum Bonney wrote:Yarr matey ,

Me thinks elijah be wun ove dem "sofistdekated trolls" , and he dun good by stringin' us along fer all dese pages .
Argh ! Congrats elijah , thet be wicket (2) cents ove humarr ye tossed at us , 'ope ye had fun.



hehe your title suits you well, O Incomprehensible One.
I excersize regularly, by wading (through red tape), jumping (to conclusions), leaping (through hoops) and running (out of time).
User avatar
stott_s
Cavatappi Cabin Boy
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:53 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby DaveL on Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:13 am

Oh no not this thread again. So who's the necromancer this time?
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
User avatar
DaveL
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4911
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:57 pm
Location: Van Diemens Land

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:15 pm

NO NO NO NO NO NO DO NOT WANT!
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II


Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
User avatar
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality
 
Posts: 9549
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:14 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby Moral Minority on Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:58 am

rkzenrage wrote:
The Jews were oppressed in Egypt.

Myth.

Jews did WTC.
User avatar
Moral Minority
Prophet of Pastafarianism
 
Posts: 5629
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:51 pm
Location: Follow the trail of smoldering bodies.

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby elijah on Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:55 pm

I realize now that asking atheist's to recognize the damage they do to others in reenforcing the subjugation of humans based on their religious beliefs as are Rastafarians is far fetched in that they cannot even come to grips with their own self destructive denial of their creator.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:30 pm

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby purplegoddess on Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:46 pm

Oh FSM, he's baaaaaaaack!!

**pg rustles up some popcorn, puts out the deck chairs and waits for the fun to begin**

It's a causal link, a play on words. What part of WE ARE NOT DENIGRATING YOUR RELIGION are you failing to comprehend??

"Pasta" also rhymes with "Fasta", but I don't see any bioinformatics experts here accusing us of misrepresenting their peptide sequences.

or any representatives from MASTA worried that our presence will undo their good work in the area of reducing malarial spread.

Or any Sanskrit speakers threating us with violence if we "talk to the Hasta" (although that only works if you are enunciating with a non-US accent)

Oh wait...

This is a joke, right.. and I'm not getting it... You're REALLY Bobby, aren't you, and you're just stirring the pot for us noobs??!!

Oh! the delicious irony of this site being a parody, and the designer of said site devising a non-parody-understanding anti-Semetic troll to further illustrate the wonder of parody!!

You are a parody of a parody!

I get it now!!

**wanders off happily munching popcorn**
Give us this day our daily taste. Restore to us soups that spoons will not sink in and sauces which are never the same twice. Raise up among us stews with more gravy than we have bread to blot it with Give us pasta with a hundred fillings.

Robert Farrar Capon
User avatar
purplegoddess
Maccheroncelli Missionary
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:21 am

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:37 am

Oh dear FSM in heaven, the son-of-a-gun is back.

Battle stations, everyone1 To arms! To arms!

Man the cannons!
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II


Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
User avatar
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality
 
Posts: 9549
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:14 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby thelastpirate on Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:24 am

elijah wrote:I realize now that asking atheist's to recognize the damage they do to others in reenforcing the subjugation of humans based on their religious beliefs as are Rastafarians is far fetched in that they cannot even come to grips with their own self destructive denial of their creator.


Your argument contains many flaws:

1. A plural should not have an apostrophe.

2. Are you assuming that everyone who uses this forum is an atheist? Thats a strange assumption to make given that this is the forum attached to the official website of a religion.

3. I don't deny the existence of my creator, the FSM.

4. I have never "reenforced the subjugation" of anyone based on their religion, and I don know of any user of this forum who has.

5. Why do you assume that God (presumably Yaweh?) exists?
User avatar
thelastpirate
Lord of Linguini
 
Posts: 1254
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: I hope in no place so unsanctified where such as thou mayst find me.

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby Robbobrob on Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:43 am

elijah wrote:I realize now that asking atheist's to recognize the damage they do to others in reenforcing the subjugation of humans based on their religious beliefs as are Rastafarians is far fetched in that they cannot even come to grips with their own self destructive denial of their creator.

As a non-Atheist in this group, I take great offense at you and your insistence to link what we do here with your religion whatsoever.

Do you run to Plot forums and tell Plotters that they are subjugating humans who use the word Slot?

Do you carry on about your rights being abridged at Sight meetings because you are a Fighter?

You do understand that langauge is made of words that Rhyme? Or do you resent cooks who use their Thyme instead?

In the end, this is a diversion from our real purpose here....making sure science classes are not controlled by meathead religious/political freaks. What has Rastafarians done for the world, except give us a groovy music style and interesting hairstyles.
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.
User avatar
Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby elijah on Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:06 pm

purplegoddess wrote: What part of WE ARE NOT DENIGRATING YOUR RELIGION are you failing to comprehend??


The part where the assumed importance of your intentions and the failure to recognize the character assassination of what obviously is the victim of detractive publicly promoted punning begins.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:30 pm

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:18 pm

....Character assassination?

The only reference to you religion is our name.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. The very fact that we are using a name based on yours is proof that you are a valid religion, so why don't you shut up, fuck off, and learn how to take a joke? No one here wants to insult your religion.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II


Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
User avatar
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality
 
Posts: 9549
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:14 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby elijah on Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:43 pm

"The very fact that we are using a name based on yours is proof that you are a valid religion...."

Were there much more than pastafarians validating such a fact it could be seen so though still capable of abuse, but because of Rastafari's contextually fragile state, the term is an impediment to such recognition.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:30 pm

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:54 pm

elijah wrote:"The very fact that we are using a name based on yours is proof that you are a valid religion...."

Were there much more than pastafarians validating such a fact it could be seen so though still capable of abuse, but because of Rastafari's contextually fragile state, the term is an impediment to such recognition.

"Contextually fragile state?"

I've got news for you, dumbass. All religion is in a "contextually fragile state".


Dude. It's an homage. WE ARE NOT MAKING FUN OF YOU.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II


Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
User avatar
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality
 
Posts: 9549
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:14 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

PreviousNext

Return to Locked Posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest