"Religion" of Hate

Posts that are locked but open for perusal.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Postby PantyGnawer on Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:21 pm

EarthRise wrote:
elijah wrote:The term pastafarianism itself implies that rastafarianism is a joke.

The use of marijuana itself implies that rastafarianism is a joke.

Hey now Earth, I think that this is a little unfair. This guy may be a dousche, but that doesn't give us the right denigrate an entire religion.

I think that a sacrement that does something is far better than a sacrement that does nothing. They believe that being Irie brings them to a closer relationship with the lord, and I see nothing wrong with that. Its been done for millenia in tons of different religions.

PS. I am deeply offended by the use of vowels, please stop using them immediatly.

Oh, I mean: pls stp sng thm mmdtly.
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:26 pm

PirateGuy wrote:
EarthRise wrote:
elijah wrote:The term pastafarianism itself implies that rastafarianism is a joke.

Hey now Earth, I think that this is a little unfair. This guy may be a dousche, but that doesn't give us the right denigrate an entire religion.

I think that a sacrement that does something is far better than a sacrement that does nothing. They believe that being Irie brings them to a closer relationship with the lord, and I see nothing wrong with that. Its been done for millenia in tons of different religions.

PS. I am deeply offended by the use of vowels, please stop using them immediatly.

thnk h's gon, lt's lt ths thrd d nw.

dwn wth vwls!!!
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby EarthRise on Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:18 am

PirateGuy wrote:
EarthRise wrote:

I was not commenting on my personal emotions, though. Do you not agree that much of society places in a stigma on the 'religion' of Rastafarianism for the mere reason that the 'religion' is recognized to have a foundation on marijuana use?

Mind you, I'm all about the weed. But, again, I speak on accounts of social opinion. (Sorry if that was not lucid.)
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby PantyGnawer on Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:26 am

Oh I see. Yeah that seems valid.
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby Deck Hand Sharkchum on Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:38 pm

EarthRise wrote:That is to say, go cry in a corner, emo kid, if you don't want any pasta.

Random interjection concerning a bumper sticker I read stating "Cheer up Emo kid".
Deck Hand Sharkchum
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby anthrobabe on Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:06 pm

St_JtB wrote:This guy keeps repeating the same shit over & over. No matter how much respect we show for the Rastafarian religion, he will keep on doing the broken record thing.

He seems to me like a bored white fella with a soap box & a thesaurus.

Elija: you never answered my earlier questions, so shall I take that as a no?

Rastafarianism, unlike Judaism, Christianity, and the extreme majority of other religions, was founded because of oppression (yeah the Jews were oppressed, but their religion existed before their oppression).

Unless you either know that oppression or you have some relation to it, then how dare you behave like such a patronising little prick toward those people who've fought for their human rights and thus--unlike you--have the right to call themselves Rastafarians?

Like I said--smoking pot, having dreadlocks, & knowing all the words to the Bob Marley songs doth not a Rastafarian make.

Bet you don't even know what the Red, Green, & Gold represents.

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Respect Where Due

St. JB
You Rock!!

Many-Many good points/replies(by the way-- MP you are hereby dispatched by this police dispatcher to go and remove this boogers cookie and I'll leave the rest up to officer discretion)

Elijah- go and buy a dictionary
look up -
satire
fun
moron
get a life
where is the smiting stick gotten to?
real hate speech
pirates

Ramen
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Postby Chiquito on Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:55 pm

Actually, they are both a joke. the Ganja Troll has no sense of humor. The appeal of Pastafarianism is that it recognizes itself as a joke. Ironically this is why I would take it more seriously.
Chiquito
Conchigliette Convert

Postby ChowMein on Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:00 pm

elijah, IMO you have been polite and eloquent throughout this thread despite the hostility , insults and taunts . You have endured them admirably and proven yourself a worthy Rasta .

However , you cannot win the this "debate" , lighten up , head off to the pirates forum and have some fun with us .
Quote :" ARRR! GAGAGAGA ! , ...de sailin' loife fer me. ARR! GAGAGAGAGa....arr gagaga.....a...". (Popeye The Sailor)
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:59 pm

ChowMein wrote:elijah, IMO you have been polite and eloquent throughout this thread despite the hostility , insults and taunts . You have endured them admirably and proven yourself a worthy Rasta .

However , you cannot win the this "debate" , lighten up , head off to the pirates forum and have some fun with us .

Polite? you mstn't have given any thught to his posts. he's an incesant whiny-boy who can't grasp a joke. And he's gone.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby ChowMein on Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:16 am

Granted he was annoying , much like the Nerd was , but not as offensive , except for the subject title , he never digressed into (IMO) anger , with the unfortunate language that can come with it .

His unyielding stance in the face of reason pretty much made him a transparent troll , as all of you noticed immediately .

However , I prefer to give everyone the benefit of doubt , but I suppose that is moot now . :worship:
Quote :" ARRR! GAGAGAGA ! , ...de sailin' loife fer me. ARR! GAGAGAGAGa....arr gagaga.....a...". (Popeye The Sailor)
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby rkzenrage on Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:41 am

elijah wrote:Promotion of a "Pastafarian religion" is an attempt to defamate the charachter/s of the/a person/s known to the world as Ras Tafari. We therefore demand that any person/s or organization expressing, sponsoring, promoting, enabling, and/or encouraging the use of, such misguided, hateful terminology, terminate all such activity.

A samurai once asked Zen Master Hakuin where he would go after he died.
Hakuin answered, "How am I supposed to know?"
"How do you know? You're a Zen master?" exclaimed the samurai.
"Yes, but not a dead one," Hakuin answered.
Zen Mondo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3YOIImOoYM
rkzenrage
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Pan on Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:38 pm

Just because the word Pastafarian happens to rhym with the words Ras Tafarian doesn't mean that their is any connection between the two religions and no offence was meant to you.
Pan
Ziti Zealot

Postby Capn Tayth on Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:27 pm

Dude, the word fits, so Bobby had it. If it offends you that much, you're a crazy, hatemail-posting, rednecked Christian!
Capn Tayth
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby rkzenrage on Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:46 am

The Jews were oppressed in Egypt.

Myth.
A samurai once asked Zen Master Hakuin where he would go after he died.
Hakuin answered, "How am I supposed to know?"
"How do you know? You're a Zen master?" exclaimed the samurai.
"Yes, but not a dead one," Hakuin answered.
Zen Mondo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3YOIImOoYM
rkzenrage
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Re:

Postby SauceJacuzzi on Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:03 pm

[quote="PantyGnawer"]Promotion of a religion that claims that Haile Selassie is a 20th Century Manifestation of God is an attempt to defamate the character of Jesus Christ. [quote]

That sentence has nothing to do with pastafarianism. And has everything to do with rastafarianism and christianity. It belongs on the rasta or christian boards. No one has a copyright on an "ism."
SauceJacuzzi
Maccheroncelli Missionary

PreviousNext

Return to Locked Posts