"Religion" of Hate

Posts that are locked but open for perusal.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:13 pm

EarthRise wrote:Oooh, Zank, post the FAIL link for the failure to click! He'll feel right at home.

I love the FAIL! link!

Did you click my soul stealing link?
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby PantyGnawer on Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:16 pm

Zankou 2.0 wrote:
Really?

Hey, elijah, give me a chapter and verse to prove that, and I will lay off you.

I will also give you a cookie. :D

Psalms 104:14, "He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle and herb for the service of man, that he may bring forth food out of the earth."
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:17 pm

PirateGuy wrote:
Zankou 2.0 wrote:
Really?

Hey, elijah, give me a chapter and verse to prove that, and I will lay off you.

I will also give you a cookie. :D

Psalms 104:14, "He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle and herb for the service of man, that he may bring forth food out of the earth."

Good enough for me, let's go to church and get stoned...
--Zankou II

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:20 pm

elijah wrote:"Pastafarianism" is being used to oppress adherents of Rastafarian religion. The term is illegal hate speech that will not be tolerated.

HOW ARE WE OPPRESSING YOU!!??

Get a new argument, or at least back this one up, or GTFO.

And give me back that cookie!

Also, click the link, I want your soul.

Edit:I think he actually listened to me!

AWESOME!! :fsm_rock:
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby PantyGnawer on Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:34 pm

Zankou 2.0 wrote:

Nope that was my soul. And you already had it anyway, so I don't think it counted.
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:38 pm

PirateGuy wrote:
Zankou 2.0 wrote:

Nope that was my soul. And you already had it anyway, so I don't think it counted.

I meant that he left, but ok...

There's no way for me to check if someone has clicked, unless I click it myself, which adds another soul...currently, i have about 267, if you clicked it.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby EarthRise on Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:51 pm

elijah wrote:"Pastafarianism" is being used to oppress adherents of Rastafarian religion. The term is illegal hate speech that will not be tolerated.

1. It's legal. I dare you to prove otherwise.
2. It's not hate speech. Unless you're a complete pussy. Yeah, I said it. Now go cry in a corner or whatever you whiny Rasta apologists do.
3. We ain't oppressin' jack shit, if you catch my drift. You're free to get stoned like you usually do.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby EarthRise on Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:53 pm

elijah wrote:You are oppresing us by promoting a mockery of our name that in itself detracts from people identified by terms such as "rastafarian religion"'s crediblity. A fact augmented by using such misappropriated parody to represent the portrayal of our "worldview" as ignorant though childish cartoons, and detracting from the standing our often belittled and taunted faith, including the right to the use of herbs, as an actual, recognized, and rightful religious path, by it being listed amoung genuine religions as if it were actual.

I'm gonna be straight with you, homie: Rastafarians screw with their own image though the marijuana use. It's not a sin, but it's a fact of life. Before the Prophet came along, mainstream people considered Rastafarianism a joke because it puts so much stock in your precious herbs.

You're just gonna have to square with that.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:53 pm

elijah wrote:You are oppresing us by promoting a mockery of our name that in itself detracts from people identified by terms such as "rastafarian religion"'s crediblity. A fact augmented by using such misappropriated parody to represent the portrayal of our "worldview" as ignorant though childish cartoons, and detracting from the standing our often belittled and taunted faith, including the right to the use of herbs, as an actual, recognized, and rightful religious path, by it being listed amoung genuine religions as if it were actual.

For the last, effing, time, we are not belittling your beliefs...you, maybe...well, yeah, alot, but not YOUR BELIEFS!

we are objecting to the teaching of ID in schools.

NIMROD!

Furthermore,

Main Entry: op·pres·sion
Pronunciation: &-'pre-sh&n
Function: noun
1 a : unjust or cruel exercise of authority or power b : something that oppresses especially in being an unjust or excessive exercise of power
2 : a sense of being weighed down in body or mind : DEPRESSION

The Jews were oppressed in Egypt.

The Jews were oppressed in Germany, during WWII

The Blacks were oppressed before integration, and, occassionally afterwards.

You are not being oppressed, you whiny emo.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby EarthRise on Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:00 pm

elijah wrote:The term pastafarianism itself implies that rastafarianism is a joke.

The use of marijuana itself implies that rastafarianism is a joke.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:02 pm

elijah wrote:The term pastafarianism itself implies that rastafarianism is a joke.

No, it doesn't, the term pastafarian itself is a joke.

And how is that oppression, anyway.

You're a joke.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby St John the Blasphemist on Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:52 am

This guy keeps repeating the same shit over & over. No matter how much respect we show for the Rastafarian religion, he will keep on doing the broken record thing.

He seems to me like a bored white fella with a soap box & a thesaurus.

Elija: you never answered my earlier questions, so shall I take that as a no?

Rastafarianism, unlike Judaism, Christianity, and the extreme majority of other religions, was founded because of oppression (yeah the Jews were oppressed, but their religion existed before their oppression).

Unless you either know that oppression or you have some relation to it, then how dare you behave like such a patronising little prick toward those people who've fought for their human rights and thus--unlike you--have the right to call themselves Rastafarians?

Like I said--smoking pot, having dreadlocks, & knowing all the words to the Bob Marley songs doth not a Rastafarian make.

Bet you don't even know what the Red, Green, & Gold represents.

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Respect Where Due

Intelligence: What stupid people think they have lots of.
Stupidity: What intelligent people wish they had less of.

I want you to know that everything I did, I did for my country.
- Pol Pot

Check out St JtB's MySpace page here!!
St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini

Postby Robbobrob on Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:59 am

I'ms starting to feel a bit oppressed...no wait, that's just gas. OK. I feel better now.

I, having been part of the Jewish community for a few years (when I was married to my first wife), am offended at your claims, Elijah. They truly sicken me that you would compare what is going on here with what Jews deal with on a regular basis. So, I take much PERSONAL offense at being linked with Nazi-ism. That, in my opinion is the real slander here. I fear that my son (from that first marriage) will have to deal with a world full of people like you, who will belittle his heritage so you can play the role of victim.

"The cult of the victim" is the worst thing that has happened to society. Fighting for rights (like say Freedom of Speech) is one thing, but to think you should be allowed to stop other people's rights just because it offends you is disgusting. You have the right to defend your faith, and even openly debate those you disagree with, but the notion you have the right to silence others is a very bad example of "Political Correctness" that has annoyed me for more than a decade, when I was in college.

It is sad to know that there are people out there quick to cheapen real oppression in a game of online name-calling.

Prove we have oppressed you, threatened you with penalties (and banning from a private website does NOT count) or violence.

The only one who has threatened is you, dear, misguided Elijah.
The one right no one has is the right NOT to be offended. Until all humanity thinks the exact same way (never happen) there will be people who offend other people, and both sides will KNOW they are on the side of Truth.

It is Not your religion I call into qustion, it is your sense of entitlement I call into question as being wrong-headed and mean spirited toward the rest of us.

All I want is my beer and my strippers. What's so oppressive about seeing a little booty while drunk?
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.
Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Postby Cardinal Fang on Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:22 pm

Does anyone else get the impression that elijah has been watching just a little too much Monty Python recently:

Help, Help! I'm being repressed!

It seems people spend waaaay too much time getting offended about the silliest things these days.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Robbobrob on Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:10 pm

Cardinal Fang wrote:Does anyone else get the impression that elijah has been watching just a little too much Monty Python recently:

Help, Help! I'm being repressed!

It seems people spend waaaay too much time getting offended about the silliest things these days.

CF

I'm offended by your comments. I'm offended by this website. I'm offended by my keyboard.

But most of all, I'm offended that I am at work, and not drinking beer and eating pasta.

OK, I think we can let this thread die now that the Rastafarian riff-raff has been forced to walk the plank.
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.
Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

PreviousNext

Return to Locked Posts