"Religion" of Hate

Posts that are locked but open for perusal.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Postby Robbobrob on Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:15 am

elijah wrote:That the promotion of "pastafarianism," is attempted defamation of Ras Tafarian religion and its adherents, is self evident and undeniable. Any defending the promotion of such a term options are mearly to concede lack of such rights or further thier mission of oppressive exploitation and augment its consequences through rejection of our currently peacable demands.


Welcome to the world of parody, Elijah, a protected right of free speech. You don't even have a wooden leg to stand on.

I, for one, do not take your implied threat to possible future violence (ie your last sentence) lightly. But, then, you are talking to Pirates, and violence is inherent in the piracy system. I would not mind a good ass-kicking session. Work up a sweat, then go have a few beers.

I pray that His Noodly Appendage touches you and lightens your heart from all the hate you have spilled upon the decks of this great WebShip of the CofFSM.

Peace, matey, life's too short to waste time hating others.
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.
User avatar
Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Postby Robbobrob on Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:21 pm

elijah wrote:Parody can only be protected in certain contexts. If a parody is given platform in a context wherein genuine instances of realted ideas, facts, organizations etc. are promoted, then that being parodied is being discriminated against. This is a reality currently transpiring regarding the "pastafarian" parody. Due to the term aformentioned potential for and demonstrated abuse, We are demanding the discontinuence of its use altogether.


Certain context = all situations.

Discrimination would mean that we are stopping you from doing things in your life based on your faith. How does a Pastafarian stop you from doing ANYTHING? And yet, you demand us to stop our activities. If anything, it is you who are trying to discriminate against us for our beliefs, no matter how sarcastic they may be.

The reality is that if the Jews can not stop the current parody of their religion by the Christians and the Muslums, I don't see how much luck you are going to have.
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.
User avatar
Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:52 pm

elijah wrote:Parody can only be protected in certain contexts. If a parody is given platform in a context wherein genuine instances of realted ideas, facts, organizations etc. are promoted, then that being parodied is being discriminated against. This is a reality currently transpiring regarding the "pastafarian" parody. Due to the term aformentioned potential for and demonstrated abuse, We are demanding the discontinuence of its use altogether.


Who is "we"?
So far, all I see is you, a sad, unintelligent little man.


Anyone who actually has a problem with the term "pastafarian" should contact bobby henderson...we really can't do anything about it.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II


Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
User avatar
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality
 
Posts: 9549
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:14 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Postby EarthRise on Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:45 pm

elijah wrote:Parody can only be protected in certain contexts. If a parody is given platform in a context wherein genuine instances of realted ideas, facts, organizations etc. are promoted, then that being parodied is being discriminated against. This is a reality currently transpiring regarding the "pastafarian" parody. Due to the term aformentioned potential for and demonstrated abuse, We are demanding the discontinuence of its use altogether.


Tell me if this one word rings a bell: Nazi.

Yah. Nazis are allowed to practice. Well, why is this? They advocate a total annihilation of the Jewish community. They're still allowed to continue convening, though. This is because we have a lovely right known as the "Freedom of Speech." The only case in which such organizations are prosecuted occurs when the organization transpires actual abuse.

And you have failed to demonstrate the instances whereby such abuse has been realized.

In the meantime, you may shove your demand for discontinuity.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
User avatar
EarthRise
Hox God
 
Posts: 2330
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:35 pm
Location: who wants to know?

Postby EarthRise on Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:24 pm

elijah wrote:How can one claim that parody can be defended in all situations?
If a newpaper prints a non-humourous list of canidates for an election, and within the list there exists a single parody of a particular canidate, then that "parody" is most clearly an attempted slander, biased, and partiallity, as it suggests qualitative differentiation in the credability of the candiates who were not mocked and the one who was.


Because parody is a right, derivative of the freedom of speech, that belongs to all persons. You'll just have to get over that.

elijah wrote:How can I have failed to demonstrate instances when such abuse has been realized if such a demonstration was never requested?


Burden of proof is upon the claimant. You thought it appropriate to accuse us of slander and defamation without the slightest bit of support, and you continue to be lacking in such a field. We fail to take you seriously, and will maintain that you are a joke within this community.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
User avatar
EarthRise
Hox God
 
Posts: 2330
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:35 pm
Location: who wants to know?

Postby Amerigo on Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:25 pm

???

Seriously?

Elijah wrote:If I may, All suppossed attempts to explain how the endorsement of "pastafarianism" is not a defamation of individuals presumed to be members of a "Rastafarian religion", have been dismal failures, and that you are all complicit in Nazi War Crimes.


Nazi...War...Crimes...

So, the term that was used for the parody site focusing on the ID/Evolution debate (not religion bucko, go back and read) is now also associated in your mind with the Holocaust and fascism?

This, is insulting to both victims of the Holocaust and European fascism. That you would belittle those human disasters by comparing their experience of war and death to your experience at viewing a web parody is solid evidence of either your lack of understanding or lack of respect for their plight.

Either way, you should know that neither you nor any who claim to hold your views hold copyright to the term pastafarian, but further that the term is not associated with you, your perceived beliefs, or even for that matter any serious religion (as is clearly spelled out on the home page). Don't flatter yourself and don't waste our time.

You have no more grievance than the pirates of the Carribean, the global warming folks for the pirate to global warming graph, or the lockness montser (we might have laughed about that one at some point). If they came in with the same ill-conceived self-righteous claims based solely in their minds, we would give them the same response.

Besides, parody is the highest form of flattery. If we were parodying you. Which we're not.

P.S. "Peaceful" does not involve demands, veiled threats, or self righteous attacks on the ideas of others. I will accept your apology for the breach of your own peaceful ethics in advance.
Amerigo
 

Postby Amerigo on Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:37 pm

Secondly ones fredom of speech stops when it is defamitory and oppressive of others.


I find your speech to be defamatory and oppresive to my worldview. Does that mean you will stop now?

:wink:
Amerigo
 

Postby Amerigo on Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:27 pm

I think your worldview is unreasonable and your continued unsupportable claims are offensive to my own.

Further, your claim that your worldview is somehow superior to my own is laughable.

You do no justice to those you claim to represent, troll.
Amerigo
 

Postby DaveL on Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:15 pm

elijah wrote:No because the "worldview" your claiming is being defamed is unreasonable and its "invention" likely a continued tactic of oppresion by those endorsing "pastafarian" religion.


Say what?

Sensitive souls with circular arguments don't fare too well here, I'm afraid. No one is oppressing you, in fact if you ask most people,
I'm sure they find aspects of your beliefs really cool. Well everything, except your jaundiced view of being persecuted by a bunch of web pirates and spaghetti enthusiasts, you keep calling nazis.

Don't associate the use of clever word play with persecution, because that's quite frankly ridiculous. Language is continously evolving and is constantly using suffixes to describe new phenomena eg 'Water-gate-Iran-gate-Camillla-gate'.

Get over yourself.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
User avatar
DaveL
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4911
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:57 pm
Location: Van Diemens Land

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:23 pm

elijah wrote: Secondly ones fredom of speech stops when it is defamitory and oppressive of others.



Get spell check.


And, no, it doesn't...try again.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II


Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
User avatar
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality
 
Posts: 9549
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:14 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Postby MPTrooper on Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:07 pm

elijah wrote:Calling people "Trolls" is a form of anti-semetism, and claims that my objections are unsupportable is continued slander.



Troll...
money grubbing Jew bastard...
Fucking Jew.
Suicide bomb magnet.


Guess which one is the REAL anti-semetism comment and win a prize!

(The answer is not troll!)

You sir are a troll of the silliest kind. Please stop being a troll and I will make you a cookie.
MPTrooper
 

Postby EarthRise on Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:51 pm

elijah wrote:My guess is this one "You sir are a troll of the silliest kind. Please stop being a troll and I will make you a cookie."


I agree with Amerigo and MPT. Your so-called "Ras Tafari" religion is actually highly offensive to those of the Pastafarian faith (which, strongly contrary to Rastafarianism, has evidence to back it up) and detracts from the gravity of our god. Your claims that we hate Jews are, in fact, inherently anti-Semitic themselves, since you wish to establish a hatred of Judaism where there is none.

I claim that you are the troll, and I should steal your cookie.

(If anyone is getting pissed with this war-mongering grub, put in a request for his banishment. I'm rather enjoying insulting him.)
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
User avatar
EarthRise
Hox God
 
Posts: 2330
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:35 pm
Location: who wants to know?

Postby fractal on Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:39 pm

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Spread The Weird >> Stack The Midgets | Whack A Pope
User avatar
fractal
Gnocchetti Galley Slave
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 12:06 pm
Location: overboard

Postby fractal on Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:05 pm

You obviously dont know what a pastafarian is.

And you think we're anti semetic.

You're a troll.

It's all quite laughable.

INCONCEIVABLE actually.
Spread The Weird >> Stack The Midgets | Whack A Pope
User avatar
fractal
Gnocchetti Galley Slave
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 12:06 pm
Location: overboard

Postby PantyGnawer on Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:06 pm

Image
User avatar
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants
 
Posts: 4481
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:17 pm
Location: Ask yer Mom.

PreviousNext

Return to Locked Posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron