"Religion" of Hate

Posts that are locked but open for perusal.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby Robbobrob on Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:39 am

Elijah is so cute I just want to hug him and squeeze him tight. He is just so darn adorable.

He is a small reminder of what we are ultimately up against when dealing with Creationists...they will twist and turn everything into an attack on their personal being because they are so emotionally wrapped up in their conclusions, they can not accept other points of view as ever having any real legitimacy. It is why we need ot always be aware that we really do not fight such people, only the politicians dumb enough to fall sway to moron-theism.

Satire has been a tool used for centuries against people like Elijah, because it is so fun to use the device against people without a properly developed sense of humor....especially when it comes to not taking themselves too serious.

On another site, a list has begun of books that satirize religion. In the first few hours of that thread, DOZENS of books have been named, with more added all the time. It is a valid and legal use of speech. Even if it does hurt the feelings of other people...people without a sense of humor, that is.
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.
Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Postby elijah on Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:16 am

thelastpirate wrote: Firstly, it's not clear who you mean by 'they' in this context.
"They" refers to the presupposed "person like me" to which the question pertained. Though I do agree that ID should not be taught in schools it is not because of any "caring for the view's of the FSMist Organization".
DaveL wrote:Unless you start adding to the harmony of this board,

Rasta neva play satan tune.
Robbobrob wrote:satire...is a valid and legal use of speech.

What constitutes satire is not ultimately dependent on the intentions of it creators. In fact it is the hurt feelings of FSMist's in realizing their unconscious racism that has led them down a path of oppression which causes them to defend their myopic ignorance.
DaveL wrote:Remember you were banned previously for trolling this thread. It looks like you've returned to do likewise.
No, But I do remember your need to categorize the defense of my religion as "trolling" to deflect the seriousness of the harm your so called parody inflicts.
Robbobrob wrote:they will twist and turn everything into an attack on their personal being

Interestingly if you were more aware of the intricacies of Rastafarian Faith you would know that a slander of Ras Tafari Makonnen's name is in fact an attack on the personal beings of its adherents.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Ubi Dubium on Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:36 am

elijah wrote:What constitutes satire is not ultimately dependent on the intentions of it creators. In fact it is the hurt feelings of FSMist's in realizing their unconscious racism that has led them down a path of oppression which causes them to defend their myopic ignorance.

Wooo Ha Ha Ha Ha Haaaa!

I just got my morning laugh in. Unconscious Racism!? 'Lije, I don't give a flip about what color you are, or what country you come from. I don't care what you believe, either. Makes no difference to me, live and let live.

But when you, or anybody else tries to shove their religion down the throats of me and my children, then I will fight with parody and satire, the best weapons we have against such nonsense. You should really read the FSM Gospel - you'd see that we're not making fun of you, we're making fun of anybody and everybody who thinks their religion can explain everything. Equal opportunity ridicule.

Myopic? I used to be, but I got older and now I need bifocals.
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Robbobrob on Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:39 am

OK, enough. Racism? Really? How so? Honestly....this charge of yours is disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself. If your only claim to racism is because most Rastafarians are black....what a crock...are you black or a guilt-ridden white? I have no idea what color anyone is online, or what sex. If Rastafarians (I have no idea, to be honest) are as Creationist-Fundie minded as most Fundie Christians/Muslims, than yes, we are making fun of you.

what is satire is completely dependant on the motives of the creators, and not those too narrow minded to see the humor intended. Stop playing the victim....it will get you no where in this world...You don't get bonus points in this world for being offended. And that is all we are doing at most, is offending you. And we have that right. As do you to offend us (mostly with your need to twist our words to make them offensive to yourself...ick).

- Mark Twain.
Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Postby elijah on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:40 am

Ubi Dubium wrote:But when you, or anybody else tries to shove their religion down the throats of me and my children,

By saying "when I try to...." you already project a falsehood that I had ever "forced" religion of anyone.
Robbobrob wrote:Racism? Really? How so?
Your willingness to support a slander that is harmful to Rastafarians is based on their preexisting belittlement born of historic Racial prejudice against both Blacks and Jews.
...are you black or a guilt-ridden white?
What is shameful in its promotion of fear based ignorance is the implication that these would be the only two options.
Robbobrob wrote:If Rastafarians (I have no idea, to be honest) are as Creationist-Fundie minded as most Fundie Christians/Muslims,
This ignorance of yours is an aspect of what makes your "parody" slander.
what is satire is completely dependant on the motives of the creators,

A motive can be inadequately represented through the expressive creation that determines satire. Such as your the seemingly harmless expression of "Ick" betraying your violence.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Ubi Dubium on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:48 am

elijah wrote:Interestingly if you were more aware of the intricacies of Rastafarian Faith you would know that a slander of Ras Tafari Makonnen's name is in fact an attack on the personal beings of its adherents.

Like if we make fun of you, you get a bruise or a nosebleed or something?
No - if I were more aware of the intricacies of the Rastafarian faith I'd probably be making fun of it more, and that might give you a papercut. Or zits.

And as to you "forcing" religion on anyone - you show up in the forum of our "church" and demand that we need to have respect for your belief that satire is injurious, and a personal attack. Yes, that's "forcing religion" on us. We don't come to your "church" and tell you to change things, so knock it off.
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Postby elijah on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:03 pm

Ubi Dubium wrote:Like if we make fun of you, you get a bruise or a nosebleed or something?
Or worse.
you show up in the forum of our "church" and demand that we need to have respect for your belief that satire is injurious, and a personal attack.
Where have I demanded anything much less that?
Ubi Dubium wrote: We don't come to your "church" and tell you to change things,

You just tell the world to change them for us.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Robbobrob on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:49 pm

elijah wrote: 1.Your willingness to support a slander that is harmful to Rastafarians is based on their preexisting belittlement born of historic Racial prejudice against both Blacks and Jews.

2. What is shameful in its promotion of fear based ignorance is the implication that these would be the only two options.

3. This ignorance of yours is an aspect of what makes your "parody" slander.

4. A motive can be inadequately represented through the expressive creation that determines satire. Such as your the seemingly harmless expression of "Ick" betraying your violence.

let me see....

1. Humm, let me take complete and personal insult at your false insinuation. HOW DARE YOU tell me I am racist or hold racist prejudice against Blacks and Jews. You do not know me. And my personal life belies what you think you know about me. Not everyone is a Racist just because they hold a differing point of view from you. I don't sit in TEMPLE WITH MY SON because of my hatred of the Jews,....Ick, your assumptions are baseless and sickening.

2. Yes, you got me on this one....sorry I was trying not to type EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE RACIAL AND ETHNIC GROUP into my reply....you really do focus on things just to twist everyone into a racist, huh?

3. I have studied almost all the religions of the world such as Christianity, Buddhism, Taosim, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, (picking just a few, though it may be seen as racist to not list them all), but yes, I admit, the Rasta-movement never caught my attention enough to study up on it. I'd love to learn, I love learning about the religious experiences of everyone. Both Parody religion and not.

4. Ick expresses violence? if that is my starting point with you, it is clear I can not win. And you will remain a victim of your own mind forever.

- Mark Twain.
Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Postby elijah on Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:02 pm

Robbobrob wrote: HOW DARE YOU tell me I am racist or hold racist prejudice against Blacks and Jews.
I so dare based on your complicity in the belittlement of Rastafarians.
Robbobrob wrote:it is clear I can not win.

For as long as you choose to remain a "pastafarian" that much is true.
Shana tova tikatevu.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Cardinal Fang on Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:36 pm

May I possibly inject a small suggestion into this debate?

If you find the idea or the name "Pastafarian" offensive to you - don't frequent places it is used.

I personally find the BNP offensive - so I don't hang around them.

We get you seem to think a term referring to adherants of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is somehow offensive to members of the rastafari movement. What puzzles me is why you keep returning.

Just saying...

CF

(Oh and BTW, regarding my Rasta colleague - he was perfectly happy to have all his comment published, and after reading your casual accusations of racism further went on to ask if I'd remind you that Rastafari should reject "isms and schisms" and hence quit fixating on it. I'm paraphrasing)
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Robbobrob on Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:48 pm

elijah wrote:
Robbobrob wrote: HOW DARE YOU tell me I am racist or hold racist prejudice against Blacks and Jews.
I so dare based on your complicity in the belittlement of Rastafarians.
Robbobrob wrote:it is clear I can not win.

For as long as you choose to remain a "pastafarian" that much is true.
Shana tova tikatevu.

Good job at ignoring what I say....and twisting my quotes into soemthing that they are not for your own evil intent.

I do say, I have enjoyed this sparring match quite a lot. :D

As a Pastafarian, I win by just being....for the FSM loves me, and holds me to the Earth with his Loving Noodle.

It is amazing you have not flown off into space yet....but then, FSM loves even the ignorant among us.

Please, kind sir, enlighten me as to how my supposed belittlement of Rastafarians means I hold racist prejudice against Jews. (the answer is....you can't without being a complete liar).

- Mark Twain.
Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Postby Robbobrob on Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:57 pm

An interesting point of issue....many Rastas actually find Rastafarian a derogatory and offensive term.....so why not see our attempt as humor as an attack on the acedemics who coined the term. But then, where would all your hatred go....so, best to keep it here instead of on real injustice in the world.

- Mark Twain.
Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Postby Robbobrob on Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:04 pm

I congratulate you sir, you got me to look, albeit briefly, at your religion. :wink:

- Mark Twain.
Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Postby Robbobrob on Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:24 pm

OK, nevermind explaining to me anything, I now see where you think I am racist toward Jews....because I dare to think Jews come from Judaism, and not from your religion. Gotcha....CHECK PLEASE!!

- Mark Twain.
Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Postby lordpunkmonk on Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:23 pm

did you seriously post three times in a row or did elijah have his/her posts removed?
--LPM lord of the apocalypse
"The man with a clear conscience probably has a poor memory." --Lawrence J. Peter
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321
lordpunkmonk
Shaman of Ramen

PreviousNext

Return to Locked Posts