"Religion" of Hate

Posts that are locked but open for perusal.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby elijah on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:03 pm

Dragging me back huh? I'm essentially not opposed to any form of satire which is defined by a desire for improvement whereas I believe the FSM movement has devolved, with no real cause left, into one of destruction. Though even the term pastafarian itself' capacities prohibit its satirical employment due to, as is augmented by Rastafarians common depiction as being members of a in-genuine religion, its diminutive and, given Rastafarians standing with some world courts, accusatory nature. In some sense the willingness to exploit Rastafarians is a function and reinforcement of Racism as it is generally recognized as an Ethnically African religion. I do not believe that had the rhyming lent itself towards a mockery of Judaism a term would have been endorsed and defended with the same vigor. Though not for any lack of racism! Just a differing understanding of consequence. Factors such as the prevalence of its exposure and general nature of its surrounds(one we see here is virulently intolerant of religion AND religious people) also determine whether or not something can be considered satire as opposed to defamation.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:20 pm

elijah wrote:Dragging me back huh? I'm essentially not opposed to any form of satire which is defined by a desire for improvement whereas I believe the FSM movement has devolved, with no real cause left, into one of destruction. Though even the term pastafarian itself' capacities prohibit its satirical employment due to, as is augmented by Rastafarians common depiction as being members of a in-genuine religion, its diminutive and, given Rastafarians standing with some world courts, accusatory nature.

I reiterate: your "prosecution" is not based on your religion, but on teh fact that your are smoking pot. Marijuana is against the law. Rastafarianism is not.

In some sense the willingness to exploit Rastafarians is a function and reinforcement of Racism as it is generally recognized as an Ethnically African religion. I do not believe that had the rhyming lent itself towards a mockery of Judaism a term would have been endorsed and defended with the same vigor. Though not for any lack of racism! Just a differing understanding of consequence. Factors such as the prevalence of its exposure and general nature of its surrounds(one we see here is virulently intolerant of religion AND religious people) also determine whether or not something can be considered satire as opposed to defamation.

Did you just honestly pull the Racism card? I don't fucking believe you pulled the racism card.

(in b4 Godwin's law)
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby elijah on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:47 pm

Zankou 2.0 wrote:I reiterate: your "prosecution" is not based on your religion, but on teh fact that your are smoking pot. Marijuana is against the law. Rastafarianism is not. Did you just honestly pull the Racism card?

Were the two separable you would be right, Time will demonstrate the unjust nature of that one aspect of the treatment of Rastafarians. The principles of African empowerment represented by Rastafarian religion are indeed fought by racist forces to which FSMist align themselves through the promotion of "Pastafariansism" if not more directly.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby lordpunkmonk on Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:37 pm

Zankou 2.0 wrote:I reiterate: your "prosecution" is not based on your religion, but on teh fact that your are smoking pot. Marijuana is against the law. Rastafarianism is not.

honestly pot should be legalized

but that is beside the point

more so on the point however

oh please listen the idea of two things sounding alike is not in any way racist there is no hidden agenda behind the word pastafarian this isn't a conspiracy Mr. Psycho so for gods sake get a grip

and seriously don't try to say we are aligning with racists when we are aligning with aclu
--LPM lord of the apocalypse
"The man with a clear conscience probably has a poor memory." --Lawrence J. Peter
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321
lordpunkmonk
Shaman of Ramen

Postby elijah on Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:50 pm

Just as atheistic arrogance, is one that cannot fathom their understanding possibly being less than a words full potential. Moreover it is not beside the point the injustice perpetrated on the users of cannabis, as its ritualistic use in Rastafarianism suppressed by FSMist is one of the aspects which makes the pun oppression.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby thelastpirate on Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:55 pm

elijah wrote:Dragging me back huh? I'm essentially not opposed to any form of satire which is defined by a desire for improvement whereas I believe the FSM movement has devolved, with no real cause left, into one of destruction. Though even the term pastafarian itself' capacities prohibit its satirical employment due to, as is augmented by Rastafarians common depiction as being members of a in-genuine religion, its diminutive and, given Rastafarians standing with some world courts, accusatory nature. In some sense the willingness to exploit Rastafarians is a function and reinforcement of Racism as it is generally recognized as an Ethnically African religion. I do not believe that had the rhyming lent itself towards a mockery of Judaism a term would have been endorsed and defended with the same vigor. Though not for any lack of racism! Just a differing understanding of consequence. Factors such as the prevalence of its exposure and general nature of its surrounds(one we see here is virulently intolerant of religion AND religious people) also determine whether or not something can be considered satire as opposed to defamation.

There is plenty cause left for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism. A quick look around the rest of these forums would show you that just recently a school board was dissuaded from introducing ID to the science cirriculum in part by the actions of pastafarians.

"Prevalence of exposure" has nothing to do with satire, and doesnt really make sense as a concept. Can I suggest that if you want to use big words, you at least look up the definitions first?

FSM as a movement is not in any way opposed to the existence of religion: I dont doubt that some of our members are opposed to religion, but FSM itself is not.

Flying Spaghetti Monsterism is (unfortunately) generally a western religion: does that mean that your attacks on it are 'racism'? No. Racism is the act of discriminating on grounds of race, not religion. It may so happen that the majority of members of religion X are of race Y, but that does not make me a racist for criticising religion X.
thelastpirate
Lord of Linguini

Location: I hope in no place so unsanctified where such as thou mayst find me.

Postby lordpunkmonk on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:05 pm

elijah wrote:Just as atheistic arrogance

that isn't prejudice against atheists at all.
the one thing I can't stand is a hypocrite.
Moreover it is not beside the point the injustice perpetrated on the users of cannabis, as its ritualistic use in Rastafarianism suppressed by FSMist

A)actualy if you had looked most of the pastafarians found here are for the legalization of marijuana and as I just stated so am I.

I am pretty sure there is a poll on it under demographics and hot topics in serious discussion
B) we actually prefer the term pastafarian as opposed to FSMist
"The man with a clear conscience probably has a poor memory." --Lawrence J. Peter
lordpunkmonk
Shaman of Ramen

Postby elijah on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:20 pm

just recently a school board was dissuaded from introducing ID to the science cirriculum in part by the actions of pastafarians.

Too bad their success hinges on a perpetuation and complicity in religious persecution like that of curricular ID. Something is either a parody religion or an actual religion, the blurring of that line is something FSMist often invalidate themselves by. The prevalence of a puns exposure likens its independent communication that helps concretize its non satirical nature.
lordpunkmonk wrote:"Atheistic arrogance" that isn't prejudice against atheists at all.

True since it does not indicate that all atheist are arrogant.
B) we actually prefer the term pastafarian as opposed to FSMist

I'm sure you do as with out the vampirism of Rastafarians the emptiness of your "belief" in much of this movement becomes apparent. Furthermore the actual name is a FSMist, but like I said that diminishes your "fervor for justice". Blood sucker.
...pastafarians...are for the legalization of marijuana

Thats impossible as their belittlement of Rastafarians is more detractive to such a cause than otherwise.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby lordpunkmonk on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:33 pm

so not only are you saying that we are racist towards rastafarians for not wanting marijuana to be legalized but now we can't possibly want marijuana to be legalized because we hate rastafarians

that is like saying

the shoe moves because the foot doesn't (notice that that is a false statement)
then saying
it is impossible for your foot to move because the shoe is moving (notice that that is also a false statement)

I mean seriously I pointed you towards a poll that shows that most of the pastafarians on this message board are for legalization, but did you look at it ? no you just denied it flatout and decided what we believe.

oh and also I am appearently a vampire that kinda brightened my day.
lordpunkmonk
Shaman of Ramen

Postby elijah on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:47 pm

lordpunkmonk wrote:so not only are you saying that we are racist towards rastafarians for not wanting marijuana to be legalized
Where did I say this?
but now we can't possibly want marijuana to be legalized because we hate rastafarians

I said you are not "for" it because of your involvement in the the delegitimization of Rastafarians.
a poll that shows that most of the pastafarians on this message board are for legalization,

Perhaps they believe that.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby lordpunkmonk on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:54 pm

1.)
Where did I say this?

elijah wrote: Moreover it is not beside the point the injustice perpetrated on the users of cannabis, as its ritualistic use in Rastafarianism suppressed by FSMist is one of the aspects which makes the pun oppression.

right there elijah that is were you said it
2.)
I said you are not "for" it because of your involvement in the the delegitimization of Rastafarians.
yes you are saying we can't want marijuana to be legalized because we are deligitimizing rastafarians that is exactly what I just said
3.)
Perhaps they believe that.
why are you implying that I don't believe that even though I have said I do believe that multiple times????????????
lordpunkmonk
Shaman of Ramen

Postby elijah on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:06 pm

lordpunkmonk wrote:
elijah wrote: Moreover it is not beside the point the injustice perpetrated on the users of cannabis, as its ritualistic use in Rastafarianism suppressed by FSMist is one of the aspects which makes the pun oppression.
right there elijah that is were you said it

Nowhere in that sentence is racism mentioned.
yes you are saying we can't want marijuana to be legalized because we are deligitimizing rastafarians that is exactly what I just said

Actually you said people were "for legalization" and my point was that even though you may "want" it, you are not actually for it because of their slander.
"Perhaps they believe that." why are you implying that I don't believe that even though I have said I do believe that multiple times????????????

You did yes, But you do not qualify as "they". I cannot vouch for an unregulated internet forum polls relation to reality. Unfortunately like I said, What they believe is rather inconsequential when their actions more than negate them anyway.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby lordpunkmonk on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:16 pm

to be for the legalisation of something and to want the legalization of something are the EXACT SAME THING!
lordpunkmonk
Shaman of Ramen

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:29 pm

lordpunkmonk wrote:to be for the legalisation of something and to want the legalization of something are the EXACT SAME THING!

Then why did you spell it two different ways?

lmfao

But...yeah, you're right.

I've concluded that this guy is bat-shit crazy.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby elijah on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:32 pm

Being "for" something implies an amount of honor(of which as the saying goes there is none among thief's/pirates) that "want" does not. One can give them self "for" something while there is not as selfless a way to express "want" unless you use the word for again.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

PreviousNext

Return to Locked Posts