"Religion" of Hate

Posts that are locked but open for perusal.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby elijah on Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:25 pm

Zankou 2.0 wrote:All religion is in a "contextually fragile state".

This however would not negate the varying fragility amongst them that determined whether a parody provided validation or otherwise, or serve as any justification for peoples oppression on such a basis.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:32 pm

elijah wrote:
Zankou 2.0 wrote:All religion is in a "contextually fragile state".

This however would not negate the varying fragility amongst them that determined whether a parody provided validation or otherwise, or serve as any justification for peoples oppression on such a basis.

How are we oppressing you?
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby elijah on Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:35 pm

Zankou 2.0 wrote:How are we oppressing you?

You are oppressing us by reenforcing the falsehood that the rights of the adherents of Rastafarian Religion are not deserving of protection under the law through highly visible, detractive mockery that is also being used to further unjustly alienate Rastafarians in the larger public sphere based on their religious beliefs.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:27 pm

elijah wrote:
Zankou 2.0 wrote:How are we oppressing you?

You are oppressing us by reenforcing the falsehood that the rights of the adherents of Rastafarian Religion are not deserving of protection under the law through highly visible, detractive mockery that is also being used to further unjustly alienate Rastafarians in the larger public sphere based on their religious beliefs.

..No, we aren't.

We're using a made up word as a name for a fictitious religion. It is in no way denigrating. We are not mocking you.

And, besides, no religion deserves protection under the law.
--Zankou II

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby elijah on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:11 pm

Zankou 2.0 wrote: It is in no way denigrating. We are not mocking you.

In this you are wrong. I did some investigation of total third parties without any familiarity of the FSM(otherwise known as "people in reality"(the reality in which the term is a racist and religiously oppresive slur)) who, as I, when confronted by the term "pastafarian" instantly took it to be a direct slight to the integrity of the commonly belittled Rastafarian Religion it unquestionably is a pun of. So to say it is not a mockery is just the typical cowardice that can be expected from people involved in such a thing as this, and which despite what's commonly depicted has always been the defining characteristic of "pirates".
Nor would I advocate such, Just the rights of people to its practice.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:18 pm

elijah wrote:
Zankou 2.0 wrote: It is in no way denigrating. We are not mocking you.

In this you are wrong. I did some investigation of total third parties without any familiarity of the FSM(otherwise known as "people in reality"(the reality in which the term is a racist and religiously oppresive slur)) who, as I, when confronted by the term "pastafarian" instantly took it to be a direct slight to the integrity of the commonly belittled Rastafarian Religion it unquestionably is a pun of. So to say it is not a mockery is just the typical cowardice that can be expected from people involved in such a thing as this, and which despite what's commonly depicted has always been the defining trait of "pirates".

Well, offence is being taken where none is meant. If someone accidentally says something you find offencive, is he to be held responsible for your inane delicacies? I would certainly hope not.

However, we will NOT be reconsidering the use of the term, since it is in fact the name of our religion, and requesting us to stop using it is just as offencive to us as our use of it is to you.

Nor would I advocate such, Just the rights of the people to its practice.

We are in no way preventing you from practising your religion.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby elijah on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:35 pm

Well, offence is being taken where none is meant.

Not only do I reject this, But maintain that the FSM itself was concocted based on a prejudice of Rastafarians, While reiterating the insignificance of your intentions.
If someone accidentally says something you find offencive, is he to be held responsible for your inane delicacies?

Implying that the defense of my religion from unjust persecution is an inane delicacy or that your hatred is an "accident" is just a manifestation of this movements cowardice and malicious broad-based disregard for truth and human decency.
However, we will NOT be reconsidering the use of the term, since it is in fact the name of our religion, and requesting us to stop using it is just as offencive to us as our use of it is to you.

Your religion is called flying spaghetti monsterism and were it anything but a function of hate its adherents would gladly concede to be called flying spaghetti monsterists did they not know that vampirism of the thing it claims contempt for alone enables its brief survival. Though I am elated at news of your "offense".

Incorrect, Your parody is a force in maintaining the deprivation of our legitimate practice.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby purplegoddess on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:49 pm

Tsk, Tsk. "'lij..

Assumtions and asses and all of that.

Not an athiest. Never claimed to be. You can possibly construe from my name what theist leanings I have, should you care to do so.

And as for:

"deserving of protection under law". You think you've got a case?, GO SUE US. Hell, as long as you don't want your doctrine taught as fact in my kids' schools, I totally support your right to try and sue my arse off.

As for detractive mockery, show me.. show me an example of where Rastafarianism has been detractively mocked, as opposed to us mocking you as an individual, which I am quite willing to admit, I have (and am about) to do.

Now go and smoke some weed, dude, and groove along to "One Love" and LIGHTEN THE FUCK UP.

(oh, and you might want to brush up on your Rasta cred by reading Wikki.. you have yet to prove you know ANYTHING at all about the religion you claim to be an adherant of)
Give us this day our daily taste. Restore to us soups that spoons will not sink in and sauces which are never the same twice. Raise up among us stews with more gravy than we have bread to blot it with Give us pasta with a hundred fillings.

Robert Farrar Capon
purplegoddess
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:00 pm

elijah wrote:
Well, offence is being taken where none is meant.

Not only do I reject this, But maintain that the FSM itself was concocted based on a prejudice of Rastafarians, While reiterating the insignificance of your intentions.

You would be wrong, in that. What part of "We don't mean to offend you" do you not understand? The FSM was concocted as a subtle parody of the theory of ID.
If someone accidentally says something you find offencive, is he to be held responsible for your inane delicacies?

Implying that the defense of my religion from unjust persecution is an inane delicacy or that your hatred is an "accident" is just a manifestation of this movements cowardice and malicious broad-based disregard for truth and human decency.
You're a religious fellow and you think we're harbouring a malicious disregard for truth?
I have no hatred. It is not an emotion that I am comfortable with at present.

Your religion is called flying spaghetti monsterism and were it anything but a function of hate its adherents would gladly concede to be called flying spaghetti monsterists did they not know that vampirism of the thing it claims contempt for alone enables its brief survival. Though I am elated at news of your "offense".

Our religion is called "Pastafarianism". Flying Spaghetti Monsterism is an alternate name. Sort of like how Catholicism and Episcopalianism are both Christian religions.

Incorrect, Your parody is a force in maintaining the deprivation of our legitimate practice.

How so? All we do is prevent ID from being taught in schools. We don't try to make people stop practising their beliefs, and in fact encourage it in most cases. We have made no attempt to defame or oppress anyone who styles themself a Rastafarian.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby elijah on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:16 pm

purplegoddess wrote:As for detractive mockery, show me.. show me an example of where Rastafarianism has been detractively mocked,

The term pastafarian itself is an detractive mockery. Tribe.net is an example of Rastafarianism being detractively mocked by this phenomenon as it lists the term pastafarian in users profiles under the religious identification scroll among actual religions where no other parodies or Rastafarianism is listed thus causing Rastafarians, even I myself, to be singularly derided and alienated based on their religious beliefs. I also have already given an example of people confronted with the word pastafarian taking it to mean a detraction of Rastafarian religion which lends credence to my statement that the term serves as further detraction in Rastafarians quest to have their religious practice legally recognized. BTW I think you misunderstood as I was in no way advocating legal protection from such insignificant things as the FSM movement but more along the lines of the fact that our priests can be imprisoned for conducting our legitimate religious ceremony. People affiliated with atheistic movements generally have a problem with arrogance so I can overstand the confusion.
Zankou 2.0 wrote: What part of "We don't mean to offend you" do you not understand?

The part that assumes it matters.

Which would explain the level of subconsious on which you keep it.
Our religion is called "Pastafarianism". Flying Spaghetti Monsterism is an alternate name.

Your vampire colors are shining bright as you know without your dishonorable piracy of another faiths name your slipshod vessel is dead in the water. Also I have opposing information regarding the name from a high priestess, what is your rank?
We have made no attempt to defame or oppress anyone who styles themself a Rastafarian.

Using a pun of the Rastafarians name to identify self effacing spaghetti worship is itself defamation.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:23 pm

elijah wrote:
purplegoddess wrote:As for detractive mockery, show me.. show me an example of where Rastafarianism has been detractively mocked,

The term pastafarian itself is an detractive mockery. Tribe.net is an example of Rastafarianism being detractively mocked by this phenomenon as it lists the term pastafarian in users profiles under the religious identification scroll among actual religions where no other parodies or Rastafarianism is listed thus causing Rastafarians to be singularly derided and alienated based on their religious beliefs. I also have already given an example of people confronting with the word pastafarian taking it to mean a detraction of Rastafarian religion which lends credence to my statement that the term serves as further detraction in Rastafarians quest to have their religious practice legally recognized. BTW I think you misunderstood as I was in no way advocating legal protection from such insignificant things as the FSM movement but more along the lines of the fact that our priests can be imprisoned for conducting our legitimate religious ceremony. People affiliated with atheistic movements generally have a problem with arrogance so I can overstand the confusion.
Your "priests" are being imprisoned for doing drugs. That's not teh same thing.
Zankou 2.0 wrote: What part of "We don't mean to offend you" do you not understand?

The part that assumes it matters.
Well, that's nice.

Which would explain the level of subconsious on which you keep it.
...You're kidding, right? You're professing to know my mind better than I do. Wow. Are you high?
Our religion is called "Pastafarianism". Flying Spaghetti Monsterism is an alternate name.

Your vampire colors are shining bright as you know with out your dishonorable piracy of another faiths name your slipshod vessel is dead in the water. Also I have opposing information regarding the name from a high priestess, what is your rank?

My rank? My rank is "Purveyor of Triviality", actually, which makes me the resident expert on things such as trivial distinctions between names.

I'm one of the most prominent members of my religious organisation. What's your rank in yours?

We have made no attempt to defame or oppress anyone who styles themself a Rastafarian.

Using a pun of the Rastafarians name to identify self effacing spaghetti worship is itself defamation.

Nope. It is most definitely not. Defamation would be calling you a Pastafarian in snide mockery. We call ourselves Pastafarians.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby elijah on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:43 pm

Zankou 2.0 wrote:Your "priests" are being imprisoned for doing drugs.

I only spoke of such a contingency, Yet this is the oppression that you reenforce even without the subtlety of your "religions" name.
My rank is "Purveyor of Triviality", actually, which makes me the resident expert on things such as trivial distinctions between names.
The clergy says your failing in your duties.
I'm one of the most prominent members of my religious organisation. What's your rank in yours?
My religion cannot be said to have organization.
Defamation would be calling you a Pastafarian in snide mockery. We call ourselves Pastafarians.

Your willingness to be so identified does not prevent it being perceived as a detraction of Rastafarians and rightly so as a pun is not presented the opportunity for an independent existence from that from which it is born.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby purplegoddess on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:51 pm

I did some investigation of total third parties without any familiarity of the FSM(otherwise known as "people in reality"(the reality in which the term is a racist and religiously oppresive slur)) who, as I, when confronted by the term "pastafarian" instantly took it to be a direct slight to the integrity of the commonly belittled Rastafarian Religion

THAT's your example?? your "proof"?

Man, you need to get out more.

The only person here who is using pejorative terms like "commonly belittled" and "fragile" and "victim" is YOU, 'lij.

But maintain that the FSM itself was concocted based on a prejudice of Rastafarians

Yup. Mr Henderson woke up one morning and his first thought was "Ya know, I think I'll piss of the Rastas today". So he cleverly conjured up the whole scenario with the Kansas School Bored (sic), and the ID delusionists and created this whole elaborate ruse JUST to annoy you guys.

And here you finally are!

Wow! We were wondering when you'd catch on.

Oh, BTW, you still haven't give me any "proof" you are actually a Rasta. Care to post a photo of your dreads, or quote me some Garvey? And isn't posting on an internet message board just a teeny bit Babylonian????
Give us this day our daily taste. Restore to us soups that spoons will not sink in and sauces which are never the same twice. Raise up among us stews with more gravy than we have bread to blot it with Give us pasta with a hundred fillings.

Robert Farrar Capon
purplegoddess
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby elijah on Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:03 pm

purplegoddess wrote:THAT's your example?? your "proof"?

Based on the immediacy with which the results were attained its enough to confirm my suspicion that the term especially as regards tribe.net presented a mentionable threat.
Yup. Mr Henderson woke up one morning and his first thought was "Ya know, I think I'll piss of the Rastas today". So he cleverly conjured up the whole scenario with the Kansas School Bored (sic), and the ID delusionists and created this whole elaborate ruse JUST to annoy you guys.

Rather in his contemplation of the phenomenon of religion his awareness happened upon the Rastafarians who through incomprehension his wrath was summoned.
Oh, BTW, you still haven't give me any "proof" you are actually a Rasta.
Would you mind showing me where you had asked? Or is this "still haven't" just a function of your atheist associate arrogance that assumes I am to seek your validation? Or course someone who thought a photo of hair could ascertain whether someone was Rastafarian or not would likely not know what constituted such a "proof" to begin with.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:14 pm

elijah wrote:
Zankou 2.0 wrote:Your "priests" are being imprisoned for doing drugs.

I only spoke of such a contingency, Yet this is the oppression that you reenforce even without the subtlety of your "religions" name.
I have absolutely no idea what you just said.

Your priests aren't being oppressed because of their religion, they are being repressed because they are trafficking drugs, which is illegal.
My rank is "Purveyor of Triviality", actually, which makes me the resident expert on things such as trivial distinctions between names.
The clergy says your failing in your duties.
Oh, yeah? Prove it.

Defamation would be calling you a Pastafarian in snide mockery. We call ourselves Pastafarians.

Your willingness to be so identified does not prevent it being perceived as a detraction of Rastafarians and rightly so as a pun is not presented the opportunity for an independent existence from that from which it is born.

...That is a logical fallacy. The pun has nothing to do with you. It's just a word we made up because it sorta almost sounds like the name of a similar religion.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

PreviousNext

Return to Locked Posts