The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: All Things Mods, Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

Postby DeadPoet on Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:49 pm

YAR, a pastafarian from the spontaneous side of life! :D

Welcome to tha boards of madness, R.C!
DeadPoet
The Resident Resident

Postby antryg on Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:33 pm

It has been over a year since the revelation of :fsm: and the touch of his noodly appendage has changed my life. I constantly find renewal of faith from the holy artwork and screensaver on my computer. I feel it only appropriate that I take the next step and join the pasta community.
Schliermacher could but Immanuel Kant.
antryg
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Griffin on Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:39 pm

Dahnhilla wrote:.
I hail from South West England and know of only one other pastafatarian. :(

See Noodly in the UK
http://www.venganza.org/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.
Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Rob Anybody on Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:33 pm

I have finally wrestled my better half away from the computer. All it took were several valium, a bottle of hooch and Tansy was out like a light! (actually it was a foot rub, a cup of tea and a subtle distraction of books and shiny things)

She has told me much about this site and , knowing my twisted sense of humour, suggested that I join.

Hopefully I don't offend too many people too quickly.
I may have alzheimers but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Rob Anybody
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Spatula on Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:35 pm

you can start by offending your wife; go here and declare yourself allied with me. or not...
Spatula
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Sheliak Bob on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:14 pm

Just discovered the glory that is The Flying Spaghetti Monster and the sacred faith thereof. Fortunately, my own personal faith is flexible enough to be inclusive of a wide range and number of divinities, so I find no theological reasons why I cannot embrace this new religion I've just discovered as well. I just hope that the great FSM is not a particularly jealous God, as I have quite enough wrathful deities hurling damnation and worse at my head as is!

Immediately started spreading the faith here at the office and with the students in our library. While most are skeptical, at first, I'm sure that many hearts may be won over for the FSM, with time and patience.

One of my co-workers raised a disturbing question, which hopefully has been addressed elsewhere already. "Does the divine FSM favor marinara sauce, or alfredo?" I do hope this isn't the sort of question that creates schisms. I mean, it's awfully early in the game for FSMism to already be spawning heretics and rival sects!

I'm not sure about the law elsewhere, but here in West Virginia--all it takes to legally start and register a "Church" is a congregation of three believers and a legally ordained minister or other religious authority-type.
I am legally ordained through the Universal Life Church--silly but still legal--and will offer service to any that require it. yup. no problemo.

:worship:
Sheliak Bob
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Alpaca on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:16 pm

We've already had a few schism-creating types, but they tend to try to create a big impact, and when they fail, they leave.

The FSM is, above all, a tolerant deity. Whatever sauce you like is all good, as long as you're a good person. Though if you post around, I'm sure somebody would love to have a discussion. :wink:
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:33 am

Saucium en Diversum, is what I say, and the same goes for noodles too!

It's all hypernoodles, anyways.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby SingaporeSpaghetti on Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:10 am

Today the Noodly Appendages of the great Flying Spaghetti Monster reached out and brought me unto his flavoursome embrace.

I shall spread the word and search for other Pastafarians in Singapore.
SingaporeSpaghetti
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby DaveL on Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:10 am

Greetings Singapore Spaghetti,

The noodles in your part of the world are indeed glorious. Welcome to the Forum of His Most Holy, The Semolina-like Tendreled One. :fsm: (yes Him)

May all your sauces be spicy and may your beer volcano be filled with Tiger Beer.

I hear there a lots of Pirates in the Molluca Straight. So please, send them my way. We need them to help us combat Global Warming. :fsm_yarr:
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby Shyriath on Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:04 pm

Greetings, all.

For many a year have I felt a deep affinity to pasta. Always before, it had seemed natural enough; my great-grandfather was from Italy (praise be to the land whose food was inspired by the Noodly One!) and brought with him to America many recipes, which have stayed with us since. And yet this explanation never quite seemed enough; there was something missing in my view of the world, something more to be seen.

And now at last I know! For I have been touched by His Noodly Appendage, called to follow the way of the Flying Spaghetti Monster! What pasta I prepare from this day forward, I know shall be in the service of Him.

RAmen, and may you all be blessed with spaghetti dinners. *Bows head*

:worship: :fsm:
Shyriath Bukolos

For though you be wandering in the great empty wastes, with nary an Italian restaurant to be found, even then you are not beyond the reach of His Noodly Appendage.
Shyriath
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Alpaca on Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:04 pm

Welcome! You might wanna check out the food section towards the bottom of the forums.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby SingaporeSpaghetti on Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:14 pm

DaveL,

Many thanks for the warm welcome.

The Beer Volcano flows fast and furious in this part of the world and is ready to cool all Pastafarians from the steamy heat.

I will speak to the pirates at the first opportunity.
SingaporeSpaghetti
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Shyriath on Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:48 am

Alpaca: Thanks muchly for the welcome! I'll be sure to have a look around in the Food section.
Shyriath Bukolos

For though you be wandering in the great empty wastes, with nary an Italian restaurant to be found, even then you are not beyond the reach of His Noodly Appendage.
Shyriath
Conchigliette Convert

Postby MrWorry on Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:05 pm

Hi All,

Should I be worried that our FSM bares an uncanny resemblance to my great friend MrTickle?
I am afraid to ask, but what is the true significance of the first Mr Man book being MrTickle?
MrWorry
Conchigliette Convert

PreviousNext

Return to Standards and Practices