The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: All Things Mods, Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

Postby JoshR on Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:31 pm

Yay, becasue I left my sanity in my other pants today :). And thanks for the welcome. I will try to get others like myself involved.
JoshR
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Alpaca on Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:43 pm

Awesome! Another Cthulhu reference. We've had some discussion about the odd resemblance between Cthulhu and the FSM. Somewhere in this wide, wide, long, deep, and pressurized forum.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby JoshR on Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:19 pm

Yes, there does seem to be a simiallarity. :-D Though the stars aren't right so I doubt FSM would consider shifting into his Cthulian vissage just yet; not yet will his noodly appendages twist into tenticles and meat balls for a beak.
JoshR
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Tansy the Terrible on Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:01 am

Arr Chow Mein! Oi be wurkin' at the Royal in Whitby, Ont. Me stage name be Violet. Come one in fer a pint o' grog me matey. (I think it's Keith's on tap if you like draft)
FSM followers a-meetin' at a strip club... Hee!
*I'm back to work Monday. Weds and Suns off*
"Okee dokee doggie daddy!"
Tansy the Terrible
Stele Second Mate

Not a new convert, but...

Postby Heinton on Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:34 pm

I'm not a new convert, but am new to the forums. I also have the grace to live in the same community where FSM first revealed Her existence.

And may I just say that I appreciate FSM's policy of tolerance of all beliefs!
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Heinton
Conchigliette Convert

Postby DoubleAced on Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:42 pm

I've joined the forums, but I'm a Christian, not a Pastafarian.
DoubleAced
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Alpaca on Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:05 pm

DoubleAced wrote:I've joined the forums, but I'm a Christian, not a Pastafarian.

The two don't conflict, unless you want them to. We have some Christian Pastafarians here, too.

Welcome to you and to Heinton, too.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Screensaver question

Postby Heinton on Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:10 pm

I don't see a forum topic for technical issues, so I'll try it here. I downloaded the pirate fish screensaver, but I don't have any fish! Did the pirates eat them all?
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Heinton
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Alpaca on Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:13 am

Mmmm... that thing is ancient. I have no clue who the creator was, or anything of that nature. Your best bet would probably be to email Bobby and find out who it was, though Bobby is very busy right now. Sorry that I couldn't be of help.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Kingschwill on Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:44 pm

As a recent convert to pastafatianism I'm looking for new ways to spread the word of his great and powerful noodly apendage. To wit I have decided a discret tatoo on my chest would be most efficent in convincing my friends and loved ones of the true face of our saucey master. I task the followers of the one and true creator to design said tatoo for me. Thank you and may his rottini and sauce follow you all of your days
Kingschwill
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Spatula on Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:48 pm

I would be willing to attempt a tattoo design, but I cant for the life of me draw an FSM semblance. I have tried many times, but it never comes out right.
Spatula
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Alpaca on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:08 pm

Kingschwill wrote:As a recent convert to pastafatianism I'm looking for new ways to spread the word of his great and powerful noodly apendage. To wit I have decided a discret tatoo on my chest would be most efficent in convincing my friends and loved ones of the true face of our saucey master. I task the followers of the one and true creator to design said tatoo for me. Thank you and may his rottini and sauce follow you all of your days

Your faith is enormous. Whoa.

Welcome to the forums, in any case.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Dahnhilla on Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:00 pm

Hi,

Another new forum user here.
I am not actually a new convert to FSMism and I was touched by his noodly appendage a while ago.
I hail from South West England and know of only one other pastafatarian. :(

I have to say I am loving the emoticions.
Dahnhilla
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Alpaca on Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:08 pm

Plenty Pastafarians here, and a couple of them are from England, too.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby R.C. on Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:34 pm

I came across the light when I read a small weird news snippet, on the internet....and now about 45 minutes later I have decided to convert from catholosism to become a Pastafarian! Woooo! I'm Sacrelovin it :)

Probably the First Pastafarian in Minnesota ever!
R.C.
Conchigliette Convert

PreviousNext

Return to Standards and Practices