Pastafarian Governement

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Pastafarian Governement

Postby Zac Reaves on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:29 am

All major religions have their own form of government or country. The Christians have Vatican City, the Jews have Israel, and Muslims have all of a region with some taking a named called "Islamic Republic". Now this is were my idea comes into play, I have the idea of a "Pastafarian Republic". On a small scale (My ideas are far more ambitious right now, but I will start with step one) There will be a "Regent of State" and a Parliament, the Regent of State will be the executive branch along with the "Lower-Regent" as a Vice President of sorts. The Parliament would be made of the Chamber of Pirate Lords and House of Prefects. The Chamber of Pirate Lords would be a equivalent to the House of Representatives and the House of Prefects would be a equivalent of the United States Senate. I am sorry that my only comparison is to the United States government, but it is the only government I am one hundred percent sure on how it works. Also, feel free the "piratise" this. (To make it more Pastafarian) One more comment before I leave, I am very ambitious about this idea and am already thinking about this on a larger scale. :)
Science is like lasagna, you have to eat it in layers.
Zac Reaves
Ziti Zealot

Re: Pastafarian Governement

Postby Cardinal Fang on Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:50 pm

The problem with any state based on religion is one that almost by necessity means other faiths are marginalised - deliberately or otherwise.

The 2nd IRRYD says that you shouldn't use the FSM as a means to "Be Mean To Others".

There's also the 6th IRRYD that expresses a preference that the FSM would prefer money to be spent ending poverty, curing diseases and living in peace and harmony, rather than on anything glorifying Him. I can imagine that running a Pastafarian state would cost a lot - which could be spent on other things.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Zac Reaves on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:08 pm

The state would not mean to glorify the FSM. The state would be dedicated to ending poverty, curing diseases and such. Also, the state would more than likely (If created) to have freedom of religion and would not "be mean" to any other religion. Church and state would also more than likely be separated. The main core idea is a government that is run by Pastafarians to achieve the goal of ending poverty, world hunger, and such.
Zac Reaves
Ziti Zealot

Postby Dechujoh64 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:20 am

Zac Reaves wrote:All major religions have their own form of government or country. The Christians have Vatican City, the Jews have Israel, and Muslims have all of a region with some taking a named called "Islamic Republic". Now this is were my idea comes into play, I have the idea of a "Pastafarian Republic". On a small scale (My ideas are far more ambitious right now, but I will start with step one) There will be a "Regent of State" and a Parliament, the Regent of State will be the executive branch along with the "Lower-Regent" as a Vice President of sorts. The Parliament would be made of the Chamber of Pirate Lords and House of Prefects. The Chamber of Pirate Lords would be a equivalent to the House of Representatives and the House of Prefects would be a equivalent of the United States Senate. I am sorry that my only comparison is to the United States government, but it is the only government I am one hundred percent sure on how it works. Also, feel free the "piratise" this. (To make it more Pastafarian) One more comment before I leave, I am very ambitious about this idea and am already thinking about this on a larger scale. :)

Okay, Mr. Reaves, I am going to agree with you and sort of disagree with you.

First off is what I disagree with. I don't think we need and out right state, with a government, and leaders. But what I do think Pastafarianism would need is something close to a Vatican See. ( Possibly Pastafari See, I don't know.) My reasoning for this is looking at this map here: http://tinyurl.com/pastafarimap from this topic viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11787 a lot of the noted Pastafarians on the map are from mainly two locations: North America and the United Kingdom. So, I think all that we truly need is a Pastafari See, and not a federalized branch of government, nor a state.

Now that you've decided to do this Mr. Reaves, I will post a topic that hopefully you and many others might take a look at and comment on about leaders of the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I think since we have priests. We should also have bishops, archbishops, Cardinals, and a Pope along with a Pastafari See. I think doing this would make more people join.

Call me blasphemous. I don't care.
I may even post a map that I am working on in the near future.
Pope Dechujoh is the name.
Oh, here is a list of things that I have writin:
Click the link->The Book of Dechujoh.:
Letter to the Risians. (14 Chapters.) has been writin
Letter to the Udonites. (2 Chpts.) has been writin
Letters between D and M the Udonite. (6 Chpts)has been writin
Letters to the Fiorites is next. Started on.
Revelations 3: The Scroll of the 7 Sealed Pastas(17 Chpts)has been writin
Image<---T.A.R.D.I.S
Dechujoh64
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Zac Reaves on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:17 am

I never thought of that, I was just basing the government of the Islamic Republics. I never thought about basing it off of the Vatican (Although I mentioned) I must admit that is a very good idea.
Zac Reaves
Ziti Zealot

Postby Pete Byrdie on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:00 pm

Zac Reaves wrote:...United States government...I am one hundred percent sure on how it works.

I'm surprised you're not famous. You appear to have unique knowledge.;)

If a government could be set up that emphasizes scientific reasoning, applied as often as possible and not just to devalue unpopular ideas, and please one that minimizes the constant political tribalism that corrupts so much rational thought (not sure how that would be achieved) I'd be all for it.
Pete Byrdie
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Return to FSM Gatherings