FSM Meet NYC

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

FSM Meet NYC

Postby PKMKII on Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:34 pm

Alright, half of you have seen this on Facebook already, but here's the pics from a little get-together with me, Qwerty, and Bacon.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Re: FSM Meet NYC

Postby Ubi Dubium on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:57 pm

Yay! Did you manage to go anyplace besides the subway?
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:56 am

Yeah, we met up at a burger joint/diner in midtown for munchies. Just didn't get around to picture taking until we were all on the trains home.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby TwistedSister on Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:33 pm

Which one is Bacon? :confused:
KIDDING!
I'd kill to have hair like you do Qwerty. FSM_jealous
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby Julius Aurora on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:59 pm

You're not by any chance a clinically depressed, pacifist, vegetarian and environmentalist hippie working toward a Peace Studies degree are?
1. The cosmos is a gigantic flywheel making 10,000 revolutions a minute.
2. Man is a sick fly taking a dizzy ride on it.
3. Religion is the theory that the wheel was designed and set spinning to give him a ride.
- Henry Mencken

Diabolus fecit, ut id facerem!
Julius Aurora
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:22 am

Julius Aurora wrote:You're not by any chance a clinically depressed, pacifist, vegetarian and environmentalist hippie working toward a Peace Studies degree are?

Who, me? No, I'm an incredibly well adjusted, peace-loving but still physically dominant (alpha male behavior ftw), omnivore who is conscious of his affect on the environment but also knows how to navigate the world reasonably, working towards a Philosophy and Religious Studies degree.

So, kinda.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Return to FSM Gatherings