Anyone in Virginia

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:14 pm

aquazoo wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:'Wind' is much too Catholic to join us, but that's okay.

I didn't think FSM was anti-Catholic. Weren't there some threads about the Pope not jumping on the ID bandwagon?

Oh no! I did not mean to imply that FSM is anti-Catholic at all! I know we aren't. My dear pal Wind sticks closely to the Catholic ideas (I talk with her about it a lot) and I'm assuming that she would be right behind teaching Creationism at public school. But you know what? I haven't asked her! Maybe I'm worried that I'll offend her or something. What a wimp I am. Okay, I'd better talk to her this afternoon. Funny, how some subjects are easier with strangers.

Oh, and I'll PM Rebellious Waffle, too.

Just googled Margaret Starbird and she sounds very interesting.
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby aquazoo on Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:42 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:Oh no! I did not mean to imply that FSM is anti-Catholic at all! I know we aren't.

Oops, sorry I didn't mean to imply that - I was trying to say that fsm (as in, don't teach creationism in schools) is not opposed to Catholic ideas. Check other threrads of the forum - I think someone posted a story that the Pope does not toe the creationist line.

Sir Francis Drake wrote:I'm assuming that she would be right behind teaching Creationism at public school.

Catholicism is practiced by a large numner of ethnic groups in many countries and it has different trations, meanings, etc depending on each one.[/code]
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:37 pm

That's very interesting about the pope. I'll ask Wind how she feels about it.

Most of my friends are Catholic or grew up Catholic. I grew up Unitarian. Maybe we aren't as different as I thought!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

iffy for Saturday

Postby The_Gnoccic_Heresy on Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:44 am

Hey everyone -

Sorry for replying late and thanks to those who emailed me.

I'm glad to see this is actually going to happen, but unfortunately I'm doubtful at this point.

I've got a full plate for Saturday with things going on in DC mid-day and at home in the late afternoon.

I'll reply back later in the week with a definitive yea/nea.

Gnoccic
All hail His Holy - POTATO-BASED - noodliness.
The_Gnoccic_Heresy
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:26 pm

thanks for at least acknowledging our existence gnoccic *coughtoasterheadcough*

...anyway, even if you can't come, I'm sure it won't be the only time. perhaps a monthly meeting? now that we've got our act together it shouldn't take longer than that.

*fling*
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:59 pm

Pyredruid may make it , but Rebellious Waffle has to study for exams. :D

What's all that coughing, Qwerty? Don't be coming down with a cold... :wink:

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:19 pm

bleah. if you'll notice, I am home early. I don't have a cold, but I have had a throat bug for about a week.

COUNTDOWN:3

*fling*
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby The_Gnoccic_Heresy on Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:03 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:The 18th at 3pm would be fine with me. Gotta check with the spouse. (NEWS FLASH: I'm a nice middle-aged mom and will probably bring my wonderful mini-FSMer and husband if that's okay. No threat here to minors, but if I have a beer with rumblemonk I'm apt to get boisterous. It's the pirate blood.)

Hmmm - that gets me thinking.

I'm actually a nice middle-aged Dad with two spaghetti sprouts who might like to go too. (They are totally into silly Daddy's "sketti monster" car decal :fsm_rock: ...) My earlier 'appointment' on Saturday is actually the Disney Princess on Ice show at the MCI center (uuggghh - how my life has changed now that I'm a parent...) . Maybe they would be into a Pastafaric party afterwards.

Gotta talk with the boss first...

Gnoccic
The_Gnoccic_Heresy
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:33 pm

That would be WICKED AWESOME!!! How old are they?

I played around with inkjet iron-on T-shirt transfers today and managed to get them working so... I will have some free iron-on transfers for you guys on Saturday! They're a small jolly piratefish with the venganza.org text, about the right size for ironing onto the pocket of a pocket tee.

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby aquazoo on Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:46 pm

I love it when a plan comes together! Qwerty, have you done the drive by yet?

-Carol
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:53 pm

no, I'll try to do that tommorow. tonight maybe. I think I'll be in the area. oh, right, I live eight minutes from it. but really.

I think my paino classes are near lee jackson.

anyone bringing video recorders? or will it just be our trust digital cameras?

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby The_Gnoccic_Heresy on Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:33 pm

[quote="Sir Francis Drake"]That would be WICKED AWESOME!!! How old are they?

They are 3 and 5 1/2 - both girls :mrgreen:
The_Gnoccic_Heresy
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:38 pm

Mine's seven, but she'd enjoy them.

I should ask my friend Richard to come and bring a video camera. He could take footage of us eating spaghetti and spilling it on our shirts. It might become a holy image, this early gathering of the faithful. Then again...

Richard's a filmmaker. Maybe he'd make a documentary of us. I'll ask him. What the heck.

You feeling any better, Qwerty? You could just call Ledo's.

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby aquazoo on Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:11 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:Maybe he'd make a documentary of us. I'll ask him. What the heck.

If people are filming, I will not go. Sorry, I just don't do the video thing. Can't we just meet and have a nice chat and some snacks?
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:18 pm

okay, video is off. but surely you won't mind pictures? we won't do candid shots, just those "silly" pictures where everyones giving everyone else bunny ears or something.

I'll try to call.

~Qwerty

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

PreviousNext

Return to FSM Gatherings