Anyone in Virginia

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:23 pm

Except that since we don't know how long your mother's hair is, we have nothing to go by. At least I don't.

I am not a kid, but I act like one. I'm 47, blonde, grey-eyed and have teeth like Chicklets. I am a responsible, home-owning married parent of a very cool second-grader. If you bring your mom, I'd be happy to hang out with her and talk about FSM, menopause, whatever- provided she has a whacky sense of humor, as I do. (If she's your mom Qwerty, I'm sure she's pretty cool.) We can compare hair. Mine's only jaw-length, by the way. Yours is probably way longer.

Hey Rumble- Congratulations on your baby! I'm very sorry you can't make it. We could talk babies and really bore poor Qwerty!
:D
I love the age range in here. It's all over the place.
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby rumblemonk on Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:20 pm

yes sir francis, that would be a hoot.

for future reference here are my stats:
6'
average build,
brown blonde hair
blue eyes
32 year old male.
2 kids (8and 3 both girls)
one divorce but we still cool with eachother.
7 very bad tattoos form a miss spent youth.
never go on a canoe trip with ned betty.
rumblemonk
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby aquazoo on Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:53 pm

That is me 20 years ago in my avatar photo. Only I probably will not be wearing make-up, silly curls, a doily on my head, or satin ribbons. Otherwise I look exactly like that. I will very likely have the longest hair, but I tend to wear it up most of the time. 5'8" and 45 so I'll be curious what people have to say about menopause. Is that what I'm headed for? Here I thought I was just cranky!

Sorry you can't make it, Rumble.

Once Querty calls or drives by, I suppose we can put an "official" notice in the various places Auntie Dee Dee suggested.
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:04 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:Except that since we don't know how long your mother's hair is, we have nothing to go by.

the fact is that my hair is longer than my mothers. I would say most boys hair is shorter than their mothers. but then my moms hair is kind of short, and mines pretty long. shoulderlenght at sides and back, and the bangs transgress my nose-peak.

nifty, ain't it?

well, if any kids are brought, it seems they will be young. I just hope they aren't annoying at all. if they are, I can either blame them, or bad parenting. your choice. :D

yay, so this is a go, unless it happens to not exist.

Saturday, February 18th 3:00 PM, 11725 Lee Hwy. whats the name of the place? armands or ledos or something?

you know what I realized today? both founders of the two first secret societies are from northern VA. I wonder how that happened. it will be interesting to discuss Secret Societies with you Francis. or Drake. or whatever. Sir.

oi'm so extatic.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:50 pm

Anything but "Ma'am". :wink:

It's Ledo's. Just a nice, inexpensive pasta place.

My daughter is 7 and is just as well behaved as I am, which might not be saying much. I have raised her as a human being, not a brat, so don't worry. She adores witty teen boys and will probably be enchanted with Qwerty. We'll give her a plate of buttered noodles to occupy her while we discuss hidden societies and the like.

If Rumble's kids came, she could play with them. I'm almost wondering if we could re-schedule this so that could happen, except we've gotten this far and I'd hate to ruin it. So maybe next time, Rumble?

Aquazoo, I'm looking forward to meeting you too. Since you seem to be the ringleader here, would you like to PM Rebellious Waffle and the others? If you want to split up PM duties, you can assign me (and Q, if he likes) some people to contact.

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:47 pm

hey, I already PM'd a bunch of people (ad DD's advice). but yes, another round would be good. they can come, they just don't have any say in where/when/why/what/why/omfsm...
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby rumblemonk on Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:27 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:Anything but "Ma'am". :wink:

If Rumble's kids came, she could play with them. I'm almost wondering if we could re-schedule this so that could happen, except we've gotten this far and I'd hate to ruin it. So maybe next time, Rumble?

hey hey a play date!
never go on a canoe trip with ned betty.
rumblemonk
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby aquazoo on Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:27 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:hey, I already PM'd a bunch of people (ad DD's advice). but yes, another round would be good. they can come, they just don't have any say in where/when/why/what/why/omfsm...

Do you have time to do that? You are the Captain, after all... :-)

I'm merely a production manager, at work I'm the one who makes deadlines & keeps people to them.

Auntie Dee Dee also suggested a couple other places to post a notice, so would someone do that?

And for anyone reading & not posting, please let us know if you plan to attend. It would be nice for the first people arriving to be able to get the more-or-less correct size table.

So far:
Carol (Aquazoo)
Querty
Ms. Sir Francis Drake
Her Drakelette
and...?
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:54 pm

eh-hem. its Qwerty. not Querty. break the habit of putting u's after Q's, Fight The Power!

So far:
Carol (Aquazoo)
AJ (Qwerty)
AJ's mom (wouldn't know...)
Ms. Sir Francis Drake
Her Drakelette (I'm assuming this is mr. sir francis drake? or is there someoen I'm missing?)
their kids?

and whatever happened to gnoccic? wasn't he in norther va?

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby aquazoo on Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:33 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:eh-hem. its Qwerty. not Querty. break the habit of putting u's after Q's, Fight The Power!

Oops, sorry!

So far:
Carol (Aquazoo)
AJ (Qwerty)
AJ's mom (wouldn't know...)
Ms. Sir Francis Drake
Her Drakelette

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:(I'm assuming this is mr. sir francis drake? or is there someoen I'm missing?) their kids?

She had mentioned bringing her daughter, hence the Drakelette.

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:and whatever happened to gnoccic? wasn't he in norther va?

Yes. Jump in, Gnoccic, add yourself to the list!
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:21 pm

anyone gonna PM him or should I?

and I was confused because I thought it was herr like herr feuher or something.

and it might be my dad, but I'll try to get my mom

I am so estatic. less than 7 days. and I don't have school tommorow either
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
BE HAPPY
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
OR DIE
:?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

:wink:

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby aquazoo on Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:22 am

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:I am so estatic. less than 7 days. and I don't have school tommorow either :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Wonderful, if you don't have school than you can PM everybody. Right after you get in from making your FSM snow sculptures & warm up again.

I suppose rendering the noodly appeandages in snow will be a challenge!

-Carol
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:28 am

it'd be easier to an ice sculpture.

I havecutally haven't gotten up yet...

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:46 pm

I am hoping to get my husband Mr. Sir Francis Drake, too, but if he chickens out, he'll probably stay home with the Drakelette and I shall come alone and reveal my non-screen name to you then.

I have mentioned this to my FSM-intrigued pal 'Fire'* (she's a redhead in her thirties) and she might come, too.

I guess it's time to start pestering the other VA. posters. I'll go back and see who hasn't responded and send something.

Oh! And I think I've got my printer working and may be able to bring Jolly Piratefish iron-ons to all who attend. Incentive!

*We're part of a threesome. I'm 'Earth'. 'Wind' is much too Catholic to join us, but that's okay.

EDIT: I just PM'd pyredruid, Toasterhead and Gnocci, just in case they happen into the forums.

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby aquazoo on Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:58 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:'Wind' is much too Catholic to join us, but that's okay.

I didn't think FSM was anti-Catholic. Weren't there some threads about the Pope not jumping on the ID bandwagon?

Speakig of religion, I discovered Margaret Starbird is running an all-day thingy in Oakton, VA (Virginia suburbs of DC) on Saturday the 25th. Call Terra Christa for details, 703-281-9410

I think Margaret is way cool and I'll be there!

-Carol
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

PreviousNext

Return to FSM Gatherings