Anyone in Virginia

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Virginia Beach

Postby TheLiliputian on Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:18 am

Any Pastafarians in the Virginia Beach area? I've converted a few but our "local chapter" is small.
TheLiliputian
Conchigliette Convert

Postby The_Gnoccic_Heresy on Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:38 pm

I would be up for that. Armands on Wisconsin at Tenley circle would work best for me personally.
All hail His Holy - POTATO-BASED - noodliness.
The_Gnoccic_Heresy
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby aquazoo on Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:58 pm

The_Gnoccic_Heresy wrote:I would be up for that. Armands on Wisconsin at Tenley circle would work best for me personally.

Metro accessible is good. Do you know if there's a night when they're not particularly busy? Or parhaps a weekend afternoon?

Non-busy is important, becase generally with these types of meetings you never know exactly how many people there will be.
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby VApastafarian on Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:34 am

I'm from Alexandria VA. But alas, underage. Well at least my parents think pasatfarianism is funny. I'm in a minority here cause I'm a Christian Pastafarian. :fsm_worried: :fsm_worried:
Pastafarianism is the only way!
VApastafarian
Conchigliette Convert

Postby pinwizard on Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:06 pm

I'm a recently Bar Mitzvah'd Pastafarian!

TOP THAT!!!!!
-The Pinball Wizard

"Ever since I was a young boy, I played the silver ball.
From Soho down to Brighton, I must have played them all.
But I ain't seen nothing like him in any amusement hall.
That...kid sure plays a mean pinball."
pinwizard
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:23 pm

VApastafarian wrote:I'm from Alexandria VA. But alas, underage. Well at least my parents think pasatfarianism is funny. I'm in a minority here cause I'm a Christian Pastafarian. :fsm_worried: :fsm_worried:

actually Dee Dee is a Christian Pastafarian.

don't worry, we won't call you a filthy Half-Breed

and pinwizard, um... congratulations... you seem kinda eccentric, but welcome anyway.

oh, and I thought it was Bar Mitzvatized, not Bar MItzvah'd.

meh,

~Qwerty
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby pinwizard on Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:26 pm

I'm reformed so I wouldn't really know any better than any of you, but I'm pretty sure it Bar Mitzvah'd.
-The Pinball Wizard

"Ever since I was a young boy, I played the silver ball.
From Soho down to Brighton, I must have played them all.
But I ain't seen nothing like him in any amusement hall.
That...kid sure plays a mean pinball."
pinwizard
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:11 pm

Aquazoo, where is Armands Pizza? DC, or Norther VA?

I'm in Fairfax, which is close to the orange line on the metro.

hmmm... I'm going to try and get a map image (or images) of the Greater DC area so we can all "pin" where we are, roughly. that way we can find a place thats not too far from anyone.

and should we have this thread seperate into Greater DC area and "most of VA" or "souther/mid VA". 'cause you know, Norther VA is almost a different state than the rest of Virgina...

~Qwerty
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby The_Gnoccic_Heresy on Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:05 pm

There are several locations. I like the one on Wisconsin close to the Tenleytown/American University station.
All hail His Holy - POTATO-BASED - noodliness.
The_Gnoccic_Heresy
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:13 pm

one thing that would help is getting the adresses of all the locations and the adresses of the DC-Metro area users, but then theres the whole problem with this being on the internet. PMs to someone trustful?

perhaps DD could help us with this delemma. she couldn't turn into a stalker and come to our houses, and she'd be impartial. of course, it might be a bit too much to ask her.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby aquazoo on Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:23 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:one thing that would help is getting the adresses of all the locations and the adresses of the DC-Metro area users, but then theres the whole problem with this being on the internet. PMs to someone trustful?

Do we need to be that precise? There are three of us commenting at the moment. I say we pick a place and the lurkers can join us.

Querty, since you don't drive and may have to rely on the kindness of your parents, why don't you pick someplace convenient to you and the rest of us will show up?

Let's make it January so all this holiday nonsense is behind us. :-)

-Carol
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:42 pm

well, using the wonderful program of google earth, I have deduced that there are three possible loactions

the one near centerville
the one near burke

and this other one that google earth says its on "state highway ?"

my mom's already asleep, so I'll have to go over the locations with her tomorrow. January sounds good. hope we can get a date down.

~Qwerty

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby aquazoo on Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:30 am

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:the one near centerville
the one near burke

and this other one that google earth says its on "state highway ?"

Aren't Burke & Centerville out there a bit? I thought there was one near a Metro. That would make it the Greater Alexandria or Fairfax region. Maybe it was Ballston?

I'm not in Virginia, so I don't remember it exactly. On the other hand, it was a few years back. Restaurants open and close all the time.

If we're talking about a weeknight, we would be battling rush hour traffic in order to get there.
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:28 pm

oh sorry, Guess I went a little bit biased.

I think you (aquazoo) should choose, considering I don't know the area that well (don't really pay all that much attention). probably just pick something in southern DC.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby aquazoo on Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:55 pm

Finally a boring afternoon and a fast internet connection...

OK, I see that several Armands' that I knew of are no longer around. I looked up Ledo's which has locations inb Arlington, Fairfax, and Rosslyn. Anyone familiar with any of these?

My simple guidelines are:
1. A fairly casual place where people can wander in any time (no penalties or glaring by the wait staff for being late).

2. Easy to get to, park, and also metro accessible.

3. Spaghetti on the menu. (Duh!)

Many pizza places fit this description.

Querty & I seem to be the two trying to sort out a location, and of course other opinions & comments are welcome. I'm curious, however, how many other (greater DC area) people are interested in meeting? It would help to have an idea of numbers.
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

PreviousNext

Return to FSM Gatherings