Anyone in Virginia

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby aquazoo on Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:08 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:okay, video is off. but surely you won't mind pictures?

Pictures are fine, I just find video to be intrusive and damning. It's not like we're staging a news event, just a meet-up with the locals.

Thank you!
-Carol
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby The_Gnoccic_Heresy on Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:50 am

OK - I'm going!

Barring any meltdowns, I'll also bring my wife and kids too.

See you then!

AARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH
:fsm_float:
All hail His Holy - POTATO-BASED - noodliness.
The_Gnoccic_Heresy
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby aquazoo on Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:59 am

So far:
Carol (Aquazoo)
AJ (Qwerty)
AJ's mom (wouldn't know...)
Ms. Sir Francis Drake
Her Drakelette
PyreDruid?
Gnoccic
Mrs. Gnoccic
Gnoccic little spud 1
Gnoccic little spud 1
Mrs. Gnoccic

That's 11 people, any more? So the first person there needs to get a table for 12 people, and sit facing the door with an expression of patient confusion. :-)
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:06 pm

Mr. Sir Francis Drake will be there, too. So that's a true twelve.

YAYYYY!!!!!

I felt a little weird about cameras too, but was willing to do it to spread the word. Now I'm off the hook!

AND my sprout will be occupied with Gnoccic's kids. This is great!

Do you think we ought to call them (359-4747) and let them know we'll need a table for twelve at 3pm?

:D
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby The_Gnoccic_Heresy on Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:00 pm

I think we should get reservations, assuming they take them?

Oh - and I wasn't aware that Gnoccic Spud 1 and 2 both had two mommies :roll:

just kidding...
The_Gnoccic_Heresy
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:24 pm

1) its actually going to be my dad.
2) my mom says you can't see ledos from the street, but its in a strip mall and theres a starbucks you can see. it shouldn't be too hard to find.

I can't beleive 12 people are coming. or is it 11? because we don't know if pyredruid is coming or not.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby aquazoo on Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:17 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:Do you think we ought to call them (359-4747) and let them know we'll need a table for twelve at 3pm? :D

Ok, go ahead! :-)

Is there any chance other people might show up, without identifying themselves for the count?

This means, if you're being quiet and thinking of joining us, Speak Now!!!

-Carol
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby The_Gnoccic_Heresy on Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:34 am

Hey everyone -

Just thought I'd post Ledo's info and a Mapquest link:

Ledo's Pizza
11725 Lee Highway
Fairfax, VA 22030
703-359-4747

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?ad ... ink2&name=

See everyone at 3!

Gnoccic
The_Gnoccic_Heresy
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:05 am

just six and a half hours to go!!!!!!!! :fsm_rock: :fsm_rock: :fsm_rock:
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:06 pm

Four and three-quarter hours to go!

Not to be cheap (except that I am), but Fairfax would be long-distance for me to call. Would someone in the area give them a call? I'm guessing that they open around eleven a.m. or so.

We're planning a day trip to Fairfax. Gonna roll a visit to a lighting supply store and Trader Joe's into our trip, so we'll be leaving here shortly.

See you there!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:59 pm

yeah, we'll have to make sure the next meeting is closer to you guys. you guys are taking day-trips while I'm taking an eight minute drive :D

I don't know about reservations, so I won't make them, but I won't stop anyone else. I'm sure they can make accomadations for us. restaruants are usually good about that unless theres an hour wait or something. not likely here, because three isn't really lunch or dinner time.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby aquazoo on Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:31 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:not likely here, because three isn't really lunch or dinner time.

Almost like I planned it that way... ':fsm_ninja:'

T minus three hours twelve minutes...

And I'm at the office in Vienna, so it's not far for me from here.
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:53 pm

according to my clock we have

2 hours

and 51 minutes

left.

of course, I'll be leaving ten minutes before that, so really 2 hours and 41 minutes.

I dont' have anything else to do untill then

soo...

VIDEO GAAAAAAMES!

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby aquazoo on Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:55 pm

Hey, how did this happen - I'm the first one back from the meeting??!!
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:41 pm

Well, remember when I met you going out when I was coming back in to powder my nose? When I came back outta the 'Little Pirates' Room', I found to my surprise that there was a group of maybe forty or so Far Right Christian Fundamentalists who had spied upon our thread here and had tried to block our meeting by placing several large plaster statues of some red guy with horns (Darren, maybe?) in front of the Ledo's. They were carrying signs that said "Sinners!" and "Repent!" and had bought a plate of spaghetti and had lit it on fire in the parking lot to show us what it might be like in Hell. Luckily, the Flying Spaghetti Monster had thoughtfully warped their time and they thought it was 3 p. m. when in fact it was 5:15.

Thinking quickly, I grabbed a marinara-splashed dinner knife from our still unbussed table and swung from the noodly iron light fixtures until I was at the front door, shouting "ARRRRRRGGGHHHHH!" all the way, but they fell upon me and began to beat me with their lovely church-lady toques. "Look! Free fudge brownie samples!" I yelled, and pointed to the front counter. With equal zeal they fell upon the brownie samples and I was able to leap upon the shoulders of our puca-shell necklaced waiter, whom I rode out to the parking lot and the rest of my party. Spitting out a few of my tombstone Chicklet-like teeth, I yelled "Intelligent Design THIS!" and we rode off in a cloud of glory, leaving behind the waiter who waved in a most forlorn manner and wiped away a tear. Poor lad.

Anyway, that's why I'm a little late.

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

PreviousNext

Return to FSM Gatherings