First Official Caption Challenge Round One!

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

First Official Caption Challenge Round One!

Postby Capellini on Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:10 pm

Here are the teams, in no particular order:

Team 1:
Lord Numa
PoN
Rainswept
Zankou 2.0
Black Bart

Team 2:
Cardinal Queequeg
thelastpirate
MoralMinority
MadWillyum
PirateGuy

Team 3:
LordPunkMonk
EarthRise
CapnTurtlehead
NoodleDemon
The Black Spot

The teams may converse amongst themselves in whatever form they prefer. They have 3 days to agree on and submit a caption to me, via pm.

Make sure you're paying attention:
The first submission I get from a team member is the official submission, so make sure you have read these directions. YOU NEED TO COLLABORATE. I suggest first choosing one spokesperson for the team, to avoid confusion over who will be submitting what caption and when. If any team member doesn't participate, that's too bad, that team is just handicapped for this round. The captions will be posted anonymously in a poll, and the membership will vote for a designated period of time. The top two teams will move on to round 2.

To prevent members from ruining the game by posting their own captions, or from teams screwing themselves over by posting their submissions here, I will be locking this thread. PM me with questions, and I'll add them with the answers here.

True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby Capellini on Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:54 am

EarthRise wanted to know if we can mass pm, the answer to which is "no".

However, if this proves to be popular, and my schedule lightens up, I'm hoping to make a permanent subsection for this game, to open and close each time we play.

For now, you'll all just have to hang in their and deal with inferior technology. Sorry.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby Capellini on Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:35 pm

Just a reminder, all 3 teams have until tomorrow night to submit a caption.

I haven't heard from any of you yet, so if anyone thinks they've sent me a submission, I didn't get it.

I would also appreciate hearing from any team who has a member that isn't participating, because if that team advances, it will be without that particular member. Nobody rides coat-tails in this game.

Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby Capellini on Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:19 pm

Deadline is tonight. I've received one caption, I'm still waiting for the other two.

Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes