Funny stuff found on the intrawebs ver. 2.0

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Funny stuff found on the intrawebs ver. 2.0

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:31 am

Alas, Uther, ADOS speaks the all-too-painful truth. Pieces and Bart have gone to the beer volcano, where they undoubtedly are doing their level best to drink it dry, merrily insulting us all the while.

Rainswept wrote:From FB today:
RIP Antony David Roberts (18 December 1958 - 31 March 2014)
It is with great sadness that I have to tell you that Tony (Black Bart) passed away peacefully at the Princess Alice Hospice in Esher at 11:30pm last night.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47128

They are sorely missed.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby Uther on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:55 am

ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:Alas, Uther, ADOS speaks the all-too-painful truth. Pieces and Bart have gone to the beer volcano, where they undoubtedly are doing their level best to drink it dry, merrily insulting us all the while.

Rainswept wrote:From FB today:
RIP Antony David Roberts (18 December 1958 - 31 March 2014)
It is with great sadness that I have to tell you that Tony (Black Bart) passed away peacefully at the Princess Alice Hospice in Esher at 11:30pm last night.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47128

They are sorely missed.

Thanks for the info...

Shit, shit, shit... hard to believe even so....

I did make the "Welsh connection" with Bart. I finally travelled back to UK (from NZ) (left as a child 50 years ago)... end of last year. I stayed in London and travelled to Wales (place of my birth). I Remembered Bart then and thought how I might have met up with him had I still been in contact (via FSM)

And Pieces...... one of the smartest people I have come across online... with artistic talent too.!! And GORGEOUS to look at.

I need time to digest all this..... so sad.

Sorry about the Off Topic Post(s).
Image"LIFE! ...loath it, or ignore it..
__________You can't possibly LIKE it?"
Uther
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Roy Hunter on Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:02 am

Don't worry about it, Uther. The place has been a bit quiet for the past few months, a bit of readjustment is necessary all round. There are a couple of threads dedicated to their passing, still open for contributions.

Anyway, back to funny stuff: The Seattle Symphony Orchestra featuring Sir Mix-A-Lot: "Baby Got Back"
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby PKMKII on Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:42 pm

"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:22 pm

^ :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby DavidH on Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:44 am

^^ Good one!
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby daftbeaker on Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:51 pm

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby daftbeaker on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:50 pm

Department for Education spokeswoman wrote:Further strike action will only disrupt parents' lives, hold back children's education and damage the reputation of the profession. We know that the vast majority of our teachers and school leaders are hardworking and dedicated professionals. That is why we are giving teachers more freedoms than ever and cutting unnecessary paperwork and bureaucracy. In fact, teaching has never been more attractive, more popular or more rewarding
:haha:

Interestingly enough, the latest meeting I was in today (before leaving rapidly when it turned out I wasn't supposed to be there) was proposing a new tracker spreadsheet. It will require 6 double sided pages of A4 (in size 8 font) of ticklists to be filled out for every pupil in Year 7 and 8 based on their progress and test scores. Some teachers might have 6 sets of 30 kids to do this for and keep updating it through the year. The new system is being proposed because the current level system (used by all schools across KS2 and KS3 (primary to early secondary) is being scrapped). This is in addition to rewriting Schemes of Work because of the curriculum changes. Still, no extra bureaucracy :idiot:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

daftbeaker

Postby Rainswept on Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:33 pm

I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:47 pm

"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby PKMKII on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:09 pm

The genius here is subtle.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII

Postby PKMKII on Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:35 am

I don't know why I find this so funny, but I do

PKMKII

Postby daftbeaker on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:07 am

daftbeaker

Postby PKMKII on Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:13 pm

PKMKII

Postby daftbeaker on Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:07 pm

PKMKII wrote:Image

I never did understand the American thing of putting pills in the little orange pots. In England (and I presume for the rest of the UK) drugs, both prescription and over-the-counter, come in sealed blister packets (the kind where you 'pop' pills through foil). They're also usually labelled with the drug and dose on the packet and sometimes on the pills themselves (fond memories of 30/500 on codeine/paracetamol pills come back to me).

Do US pharmacies get pills in big boxes and count them out into orange pots? Do they come in blister packs and are popped out into orange pots? Are the orange pots just used in film and TV to show drugs are being prescribed (I know they featured heavily whenever House was having one of his junkie moments)?

It sounds bizarre but this, along with why Breaking Bad used hydrofluoric acid, is one of the things annoying me about US tv at the moment.

daftbeaker

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes