Regarding the word association game

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Postby St John the Blasphemist on Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:55 pm

Guys who concern themselves with other guys' penis size make me wonder.

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of The Closet

Intelligence: What stupid people think they have lots of.
Stupidity: What intelligent people wish they had less of.

I want you to know that everything I did, I did for my country.
- Pol Pot

Check out St JtB's MySpace page here!!
St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini

Postby ken worley on Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:32 am

St John the Blasphemist wrote:How about starting a new thread? Call it The Boobs Thread. The rules are that you have to post the word boobs and nothing else in every post.

There. Problem solved.

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Mammalian Protruberances

Actually, it could be a thread called "The Incessant Repeated Alternation of the Word "Boobs", Interspersed with the Topic Notification Email Inanity Thread"
_______________Image________________

ILB and RRR could use this thread to spam-fucker each other to their hearts' content, and the board's other threads will not have to be sadly walked away from by all other forummembers.

Sin, -KW-

Saint of Not Being an Irritation to Others Just Because You Can.

(St.JtB, consider your shtick shtolen.) :D
ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby St John the Blasphemist on Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:36 am

ken worley wrote:Actually, it could be a thread called "The Incessant Repeated Alternation of the Word "Boobs", Interspersed with the Topic Notification Email Inanity Thread"

Good idea, but too many characters in the thread title.

ken worley wrote:Saint of Not Being an Irritation to Others Just Because You Can.

(St.JtB, consider your shtick shtolen.) :D

That's ok. I never had a copyright on it anyway, and I announced long ago that everyone can have sainthood if they want.

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Limitations (and other Clint Eastwood slogans)

Intelligence: What stupid people think they have lots of.
Stupidity: What intelligent people wish they had less of.

I want you to know that everything I did, I did for my country.
- Pol Pot

Check out St JtB's MySpace page here!!
St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini

Postby Beardyoldblaggard on Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:26 am

Hi guys - this is an interesting one - i miss 24 hrs on the board and we have mutiny in the ranks (ok I'm talkin' it up a bit, but ya knaa)

I'm siding with ILB and RRR on this one. I defend their right to talk shite on the games board to their hearts' content (unsurprisingly perhaps, as I am on occaision wont to join in). ILB's reasoning about the posting of Boobs seemed fairly accurate to me, we should be showing him the Pasafarian love and tolerance due to someone with advanced mental health difficulties (OCD I presume; do you wash your hands a lot ILB dear? or masturbate incessantly?).

Some of the censorious dealings with ILB are almost like those we get from loving christians when they come to save us.
Beardyoldblaggard
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Rainswept on Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:10 pm

No one said they were censoring anyone. We just let him know we wouldn't be reading.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby Capellini on Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:27 pm

I can't believe I read this whole thread. I must be procrastinating.

Here's the actual situation.* ILB does not actually think of boobs in response to everything said anywhere ever. It's his schtick, he thinks it's funny. However, it isn't funny. He seems unwilling to give up the goat, maybe he thinks everyone is on the same page and the annoyance is faked, and he doesn't realize no one thinks it's funny, maybe he doesn't have anything else to go to so he's sticking with boobs in a desperate hope that eventually the group will come around. Either way, it's annoying, disruptive, and decidedly not funny, which are all hallmarks of a troll.

So I see two possibilities. ILB, genuinely wanting to be a part of the community, gives up the boobs schtick and starts to participate on a more collaborative level, or he continues to act like a troll and gets banned as trolls do.

*Just the idle observations of an administrator who bans trolls.
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby Capellini on Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:26 pm

I Love Boobs wrote:
Capellini wrote:I can't believe I read this whole thread. I must be procrastinating.

Here's the actual situation.* ILB does not actually think of boobs in response to everything said anywhere ever. It's his schtick, he thinks it's funny. However, it isn't funny. He seems unwilling to give up the goat, maybe he thinks everyone is on the same page and the annoyance is faked, and he doesn't realize no one thinks it's funny, maybe he doesn't have anything else to go to so he's sticking with boobs in a desperate hope that eventually the group will come around. Either way, it's annoying, disruptive, and decidedly not funny, which are all hallmarks of a troll.

So I see two possibilities. ILB, genuinely wanting to be a part of the community, gives up the boobs schtick and starts to participate on a more collaborative level, or he continues to act like a troll and gets banned as trolls do.

*Just the idle observations of an administrator who bans trolls.

Youcan ban me if you want.....I will live. Hiowever everyone seems to be ignoring the point that I am trying to make, which is the OP says to say the fiorst word you think of in response to the word above.....my words were boobs because to be fair it was the first word that I thought of.

So you are going top ban me for following the rules of a thread....how does that work?

Do we imprison people for following the law?

The point is that no one believes that 'boobs' is the first word you thought of. What we do believe is that you have a gimmick that you think is funny, but isn't. I'm calling your bluff - you don't think about boobs constantly. Let it go. Here's your chance, to be a human or a troll. The choice is yours.
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby Rainswept on Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:12 pm

How would you go about proving that?

It's not a court of law here, she doesn't need to prove anything. The standard is working to get along amongst ourselves. Clearly, if people are asking that you not act in a certain manner because it's taking away from the experience of others, that's a legitimate issue that a moderator might step in and deal with.

As I said originally, do as you will, and if you keep interjecting boob posts in the games I play I'll just ignore them and respond to the post before. I don't generally support banning people, although if your plan is to purposely antagonize the other posters then I won't mourn your passing if she does ban you.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Goats

Postby black bart on Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:25 am

Goats
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby farfalla on Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:27 am

ILB has made his point. Like all small children who love getting the grown ups attention by incessantly repeating, "poopoo, peepee, poopoo, peepee" it is usually more effective to ignore them or the forums equivalant of sending him to his room for a "time out".

farfalla
Feline Fatale

PeePee

Postby black bart on Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:40 am

PooPoo
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Previous

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes