Regarding the word association game

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Postby Rainswept on Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:08 pm

Rainswept wrote:The word association game has followed accepted patterns and rules for 500+ pages, and the people who post in it quite enjoy it.

Games are intended to be played by the rules and in the spirit of the rules if there is some point of conflict that is questioned. Rev, myself, and I imagine most others who have been playing the game for quite a while now, wouldn't enjoy responding to the same word as often as you post. That's not in the spirit of the game, it's something else entirely.

This is a free forum, feel free to start your own thread about boob-word association, perhaps people will like that game as well. Hell, start a boob blog and let us know all the things in you can think of that make you think of boobs. Start a debate about whether the FSM is actually female and has boobs under the noodly appendages (or if those meatballs are meatboobs) At the same time feel free to join in the normal word association game if you'd like to play it the way we play it. We want to encourage everyone to enjoy the forum as much as possible, but without impeding the fun of the others who are playing.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:08 pm

I Love Boobs wrote:
Zankou 2.0 wrote:
I Love Boobs wrote:
Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:Response, in this case, is closer to the medical/scientific use of the word, specifically the Stimulus/Response idea. Add to that the title of the thread...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_association

http://libres.curtin.edu.au/libres14n2/ ... _final.htm

The OP makes no such clause...he says to wrie the first word that comes into your mind.

HE SAYS TO WRITE THE FIRST WORD THAT COMES TO YOUR MIND IN RESPONSE TO THE PREVIOUS WORD.

HE DOES NOT SAY TO RESPOND TO THE PREVIOUS POST WITH THE FIRST WRD THAT COMES INTO YOUR MIND FOR NO APPARENT REASON.

he says quite clearly:

Post the first word that comes to mind.....

So if an engine makes me think of boobs than it is relevant and abiding by the rules isnt it?

If the engine is really making you think of boobs, yes.

And, if an engine makes you think of boobs, you have a problem.

So, whatever. Post there if you like, I really don't care. You win, I give up. Throw a party.

We are still going to ignore you, because you are annoying with your incessant talk of boobs.

To tell you the truth, it makes you look very unintelligent.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:09 pm

If you had posted boobs for engine, that would have been fine. We might not have understood it, but we would have accepted it...IF YOU HADN'T POSTED BOOBS FOR EVERYTHING ELSE!!!
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Rainswept on Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:12 pm

I Love Boobs wrote:I would rater just stand my ground, it cant be free if you are trying to tell me what to do and where I can post is i?

Not at all. I'm telling you I like associating varied words when I play the association game, so I'm going to choose to ignore any constantly repeated words in order to keep the game moving as opposed to going in a neverending boob cycle.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:14 pm

Rainswept wrote: boob cycle.

Thinking the word "bicycle", this phrase would be pronounced "boobsicle".

For some reason, I find this funny. :D
--Zankou II

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:20 pm

I Love Boobs wrote:
Rainswept wrote:
I Love Boobs wrote:I would rater just stand my ground, it cant be free if you are trying to tell me what to do and where I can post is i?

Not at all. I'm telling you I like associating varied words when I play the association game, so I'm going to choose to ignore any constantly repeated words in order to keep the game moving as opposed to going in a neverending boob cycle.

Fpr every one time you ignore me I promise you ten boobs.....thats even higher than WanQ2.0 got.

I dare you. The mod team would ban you so quickly we wouldn't have time to laugh.

BTW, calling me "WanQ2.0" isn't even insulting. It's just stupid.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Rainswept on Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:22 pm

So, your goal is to bother the other people who want to post, because you can?
Rainswept

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:23 pm

Rainswept wrote:So, your goal is to bother the other people who want to post, because you can?

In all fairness, that's my goal too.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Rainswept on Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:26 pm

I never told you what to do. I informed you of what I intended to do.
Rainswept

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:29 pm

Booby-boy wrote:
WanQ 2.0 wrote:
I dare you. The mod team would ban you so quickly we wouldn't have time to laugh.

Why I wouldnt be breaking any rules...I would be following EXACTLY what the poster said and not my own interpretation of the game.

BTW, calling me "WanQ2.0" isn't even insulting. It's just stupid.

Well than just for fucks and giggles I will continue to call you that

LOL.

I am Laughing Out Loud at you, honestly. You aren't even making sense, you're just making a fool of yourself.

It's hilarious.

Oh, and, most of us say "shits and giggles", because it makes a little bit more sense, but, I suppose sense isn't really your style.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:36 pm

Booby-boy wrote:
WanQ 2.0 wrote:

Oh, and, most of us say "shits and giggles", because it makes a little bit more sense, but, I suppose sense isn't really your style.

Why does shits and giggles amke more sense than fucks and giggles....does the passing of stool tickle you anus?

Well, some people shit themselves with laughter. I don't know of anyone who compulsively copulates with someone with laughter.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Rainswept on Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:37 pm

Zankou 2.0 wrote:I don't know of anyone who compulsively copulates with someone with laughter.

I'll introduce you to ken worley then.
Rainswept

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:38 pm

Rainswept wrote:
Zankou 2.0 wrote:I don't know of anyone who compulsively copulates with someone with laughter.

I'll introduce you to ken worley then.

Touchè.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby St John the Blasphemist on Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:44 pm

How about starting a new thread? Call it The Boobs Thread. The rules are that you have to post the word boobs and nothing else in every post.

There. Problem solved.

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Mammalian Protruberances

Intelligence: What stupid people think they have lots of.
Stupidity: What intelligent people wish they had less of.

I want you to know that everything I did, I did for my country.
- Pol Pot

Check out St JtB's MySpace page here!!
St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:50 pm

I Love Boobs wrote:
Zankou 2.0 wrote:
Booby-boy wrote:
WanQ 2.0 wrote:

Why does shits and giggles amke more sense than fucks and giggles....does the passing of stool tickle you anus?

Well, some people shit themselves with laughter. I don't know of anyone who compulsively copulates with someone with laughter.

Depends on willy size doesnt it

Er...no.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes