Square Divide

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Square Divide

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:25 pm

http://www.thegamehomepage.com/play/square-divide/

This game is driving me nuts!

Everyone play it!

I have 127 on the first level and 243 on the second.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby RandomSam on Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:01 am

Easy 127 (finished)
Medium 227
Hard 147

nice sounds :)
Have fun,
--RandomSam.
Damn... my old sig broke...
RandomSam
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:03 am

Easy: 127
Medium: 328
--Zankou II

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby RandomSam on Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:46 am

Easy: 127 (complete)
Medium: 430 EDIT: 511 (complete, but now my hands are shaking)
Hard: 147 EDIT: 655
Have fun,
--RandomSam.
RandomSam
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:00 am

RandomSam wrote:Easy: 127 (complete)
Medium: 430 EDIT: 511 (complete, but now my hands are shaking)
Hard: 147 EDIT: 655

You're alot better than I am. How are you doing that?
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Cryofdragon on Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:51 am

I played for about an hour, I've completed easy and medium, and have a couple hundred on hard. I might complete hard, and I might decide to skip it, I know I can do it, it's just a matter of going that long without making any stupid mistakes.

@ Zan, the key thing you want to remember is to focus on 1 thing at a time. Until you're halfway through a level, you should have a big half of the original square floating around. Once you split one, split only the faster moving half. Do this until you get a star, then hit the smallest (netting another star). Then break the smallest one on the screen. Rinse and repeat. This means that you only have one two rectangles of the smallest size you're currently working with, and 1 of every other size on the screen at once. That means you've got a lot of white space to work with, and you can concentrate on getting accurate shots in. The slow and big bullets let you go up to squares that still have 2 shots left to break them down and shoot as fast as you can (being sure not to hit any other squares) and be able to finish off most of them (just chase down the ones that aren't destroyed. Avoid the M powerups like the plague. This will mess with your shots and mean you have a good chance of breaking squares you don't want broken.
Still Alive.
Cryofdragon
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby RandomSam on Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:31 pm

Turn off the coloured squares bonus - the edges are more useful than the colours.
Shoot towards the edges for a higher rate of fire and less stray bullets.
Right click on the screen, click again to close the menu, and the mouse arrow stays visible, at least on my machine. Easier to see where you're going.
Wear sunscreen.
Have fun,
--RandomSam.
RandomSam
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:22 am

Cry_of_Dragon wrote:I played for about an hour, I've completed easy and medium, and have a couple hundred on hard. I might complete hard, and I might decide to skip it, I know I can do it, it's just a matter of going that long without making any stupid mistakes.

@ Zan, the key thing you want to remember is to focus on 1 thing at a time. Until you're halfway through a level, you should have a big half of the original square floating around. Once you split one, split only the faster moving half. Do this until you get a star, then hit the smallest (netting another star). Then break the smallest one on the screen. Rinse and repeat. This means that you only have one two rectangles of the smallest size you're currently working with, and 1 of every other size on the screen at once. That means you've got a lot of white space to work with, and you can concentrate on getting accurate shots in. The slow and big bullets let you go up to squares that still have 2 shots left to break them down and shoot as fast as you can (being sure not to hit any other squares) and be able to finish off most of them (just chase down the ones that aren't destroyed. Avoid the M powerups like the plague. This will mess with your shots and mean you have a good chance of breaking squares you don't want broken.

Thanks, I figured that out myself, though. I can get pretty far, ut while I am concentrating, one of the little squares touches me out of nowhere.

What's the second level bonus?
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby RandomSam on Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:29 pm

NEW METHOD:

On hard mode, I can get a better score by using all the power-ups at once. With the entire screen covered in tiny bits, using mega bullets and big bullets, it's possible to hit squares so rapidly that the power-ups are available again before they even run out. Just remember to pick up a new invincibilty pack before the old one runs out!

Medium: 511 (complete)
Hard: 1083 (first attempt using this method)

EDIT: Wooo! complete! Sadly the final extra is just "always invincible" which defeats the whole point of playing. There's no continuation after Hard mode.

Medium: 511 (complete)
Hard: 2047 (complete)
Have fun,
--RandomSam.
RandomSam
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:51 pm

Almost done!

EDIT: I BEAT THE STUPID GAME!
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes