Serious or Satire?

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Serious or Satire?

Postby EarthRise on Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:10 pm

New game: post an unusual site (with or without fundie preachiness, but probably with, given that most sites that we will find have said preachiness) that may or may not be Serious or Satirical.

Subsequent people should guess whether or not the site has conviction in its assertions, or mocks those who do.

First entry:

You are going to hell.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby PantyGnawer on Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:20 pm

I'm always really bad at this game. As they say "Truth is sometimes scarier than fiction"

As for Earths site, I'm going with REAL. Found this anti-catholic page:

http://yourgoingtohell.com/catholic.html

In my experience you can tell that a person has gone hardcore christian once they start with the anti-catholic bigotry.

We've discussed this one before, but for anyone who might have missed that here it is:

http://objectiveministries.org/kidz/lambueladventures.html

Edit: Hmmm, clicking on that site again, made my sig picture start working again. How does that work?
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby SlappyBeige on Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:46 am

Edit: Hmmm, clicking on that site again, made my sig picture start working again. How does that work?

That's because you are HOTLINKING THE IMAGE FROM THEIR SITE, YOU IGNORANT FOOL.

They are blocking images hotlinked from venganza.org, probably because they don't want to pay for the bandwidth everytime someone reads a thread that includes a message you wrote even if it has nothing to do with them and doesn't even contain a link to them.

When you go to a page on their site with the image, the image is loaded into your cache, meaning that you will then see it back on this site, although no one else is seeing "your" sig picture.

To resolve this issue: stop being a goddamn leech who puts goddamn crap hotlinked from other people's goddamn sites in your goddamn "sig", you messageboard-using nitwit.

Also, just be glad they didn't redirect the image to one of goatse.

A firendly tip on how the Internet works from a disgruntled website owner.
SlappyBeige
Conchigliette Convert

Postby PantyGnawer on Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:21 am

SlappyBeige wrote:

That's because you are HOTLINKING THE IMAGE FROM THEIR SITE, YOU IGNORANT FOOL.

They are blocking images hotlinked from venganza.org, probably because they don't want to pay for the bandwidth everytime someone reads a thread that includes a message you wrote even if it has nothing to do with them and doesn't even contain a link to them.

When you go to a page on their site with the image, the image is loaded into your cache, meaning that you will then see it back on this site, although no one else is seeing "your" sig picture.

To resolve this issue: stop being a goddamn leech who puts goddamn crap hotlinked from other people's goddamn sites in your goddamn "sig", you messageboard-using nitwit.

Also, just be glad they didn't redirect the image to one of goatse.

A firendly tip on how the Internet works from a disgruntled website owner.

Wow thanks for that technologically advanced tutorial in complete assholery.

Did you email that brilliant insight to your tech geek friends just after wacking it to a picture of some star trek alien chick with a finger up your ass, whilst Mom yelled at you down in the basement because you didn't clean the cat litter once again?

Besides, the original picture is from a fake website, and clicking on it linked to Answers in Genesis. If they are willing to link to a crazy creationist website...................... Oh what the fuck ever.

To quote another member here "You fail, at life" and you've made that abundantly clear here.

So just go back to practicing pilates and yoga in moms basement for that slim chance that you might be able to get your spine to bend enough that you might be able to suck your own cock, as thats the only chance you might have at happiness in this life.

Edit: I looked up goatse, and have to say that the fact that you enlightened us all to this phenomenon pretty much says more about your character than any defamation of you that I might have dreamed up!

Thanks for the lesson jackass! Please come back for more.
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby EarthRise on Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:56 am

I'm submitting his IP for banishment, on accounts of being an ass.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby ken worley on Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:00 am

Which one?

No, seriously PG is allright, but if he doesn't fix his sig, and soon, I'm going to track him down and slowly peel all his skin off.

starting with his eyeballs.
ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby EarthRise on Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:05 am

What sig is this? I'm having trouble seeing it.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:26 am

@Pirateguy:

Use this instead:

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.answersingenesis.org/get-answers/features/you-matter-to-god][img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb117/Zankou_02/ad_evomurder.gif[/img][/url]
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby ke_mikiao on Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:51 am

EarthRise wrote:What sig is this? I'm having trouble seeing it.

its about 98 [page down buttons] of blank screen

ken......good idea........take pictures so i can critique your technique
ke_mikiao
Chitarra Captain

Postby PantyGnawer on Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:47 pm

Sorry sorry. Aparrently the jackass was from that site I linked. I guess he made his point.
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:23 pm

Ok...if you aren't going to use it, then I will.
--Zankou II

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby PantyGnawer on Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:30 pm

Have at it there Zank. Maybe Hen Ham will show up to bitch at us for hotlinking off of the AIG server. Now that would be fun!
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:32 pm

PirateGuy wrote:Have at it there Zank. Maybe Hen Ham will show up to bitch at us for hotlinking off of the AIG server. Now that would be fun!

Actually, I didn't hot link it.

What I am doing is actually legal. :D
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby PantyGnawer on Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:41 pm

Damn, I'm catching it from all sides here. I always just clicked on "copy image location". I didn't realize that I was stealing. How did you do it?

Edit: Damnit, I checked to see if the link worked. Stop stealing my soul Zank. These here interwebs is confusing.
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:13 pm

PirateGuy wrote:Damn, I'm catching it from all sides here. I always just clicked on "copy image location". I didn't realize that I was stealing. How did you do it?

Edit: Damnit, I checked to see if the link worked. Stop stealing my soul Zank. These here interwebs is confusing.

I saved the image to my computer and uploaded it to Photobucket.

Then I took the link that was assigned to the original picture and created a BBC code to link the new picture to the website.

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.answersingenesis.org/get-answers/features/you-matter-to-god][img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb117/Zankou_02/ad_evomurder.gif[/img][/url]

I switched the site for my sig. And it worked, apparently. :D

Technically, I'm still stealing the image, but I'm using my own bandwidth to host it. Well, Photobucket's bandwidth, but it's assigned to me.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes