Cool Quotes

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Cool Quotes

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:20 pm

Ok...post....quotes!

Anything that was said by someone else, you can put it...here!

Just make sure it is either funny, or wise, inspiring, etc....not just nonsense...

Ok, to start us off:

Thao Huynh wrote:"If a pessimistic sees the glass as half empty, what am I for thinking it was never full?"

Mike Hutchison wrote:It doesn't take a genius to contradict everything I say. It takes a genius to contradict everything I say, and be right.

Dave Barry wrote:Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world.

A. Whitney Brown wrote:I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.

Recent Chinese Proverb wrote:Confucius say too much.

Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
wrote:
"Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much... the wheel, New York, wars, and so on, whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely the dolphins believed themselves to be more intelligent than man for precisely the same reasons."
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Re: Cool Quotes

Postby Rainswept on Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:55 pm

Zankou 2.0 wrote:Ok...post....quotes!

Just make sure it is either funny, or wise, inspiring, etc....not just nonsense...

Ok, to start us off:

Thao Huynh wrote:"If a pessimistic sees the glass as half empty, what am I for thinking it was never full?"

Mike Hutchison wrote:It doesn't take a genius to contradict everything I say. It takes a genius to contradict everything I say, and be right.

Dave Barry wrote:Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world.

A. Whitney Brown wrote:I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.

wrote:
"Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much... the wheel, New York, wars, and so on, whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely the dolphins believed themselves to be more intelligent than man for precisely the same reasons."
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby S'presso on Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:13 pm

Rainswept wrote:

Ok, to start us off:

wrote:

:fsm_rock:
Look! A new sig.
Blaaaaag.
S'presso
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Rainswept on Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:34 pm

S'presso wrote:
Rainswept wrote:

Ok, to start us off:

wrote:

I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:55 pm

Rainswept wrote:
S'presso wrote:
Rainswept wrote:

Ok, to start us off:

wrote:

I hate you :x
--Zankou II

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby EarthRise on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:00 pm

Okay, you two suck.

Albert Einstein wrote:If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research.

And a classic Einstein:
Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Samuel Clemens wrote:I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:06 pm

Samuel Clemens wrote:I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.

Mark twain was a talented writer, but a nutcase, IMO.

From an article on the growth of federal regulations in the Oct. 24th issue of National Review
wrote:
The Lord's Prayer is 66 words, the Gettysburg Address is 286 words, there are 1,322 words in the Declaration of Independence, but government regulations on the sale of cabbage total 26,911 words.

Jay Leno wrote:The New England Journal of Medicine reports that 9 out of 10 doctors agree that 1 out of 10 doctors is an idiot.

Solomon Short
wrote:
Nature abhors a hero. For one thing, he violates the law of conservation of energy. For another, how can it be the survival of the fittest when the fittest keeps putting himself in situations where he is most likely to be creamed?
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby EarthRise on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:50 pm

Zankou 2.0 wrote:

And thereby proves himself a genius, ya know. Most geniuses gotta have something wrong with them to even out the playing field :)

Stephen Colbert wrote:If there's one thing I know, it's everything.

Jon Stewart wrote:Yes, Fox has figured out that by simply putting a question mark at the end of something, you can say f***ing anything!

[...]"The question mark: a prophylactic protecting Fox News from anything it might contract during its extensive GOP c***sucking?"
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:58 pm

EarthRise wrote:
Zankou 2.0 wrote:

And thereby proves himself a genius, ya know. Most geniuses gotta have something wrong with them to even out the playing field :)

I, of all people, would know that...I was just complimenting him! :D

Stephen Colbert wrote:If there's one thing I know, it's everything.

Jon Stewart wrote:Yes, Fox has figured out that by simply putting a question mark at the end of something, you can say f***ing anything!

[...]"The question mark: a prophylactic protecting Fox News from anything it might contract during its extensive GOP c***sucking?"

Those two are awesome...I didn't know Stephen provided the quote from your sig.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.

I don't know who said it, but it's true...

Everything said in Latin sounds profound
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Dan(da haole guy) on Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:06 am

Blaise Pascal:Man's unhappiness stems from his inability to sit quietly in (a/his) room..

Hunter S. Thompson:When the going gets weird-the weird turn pro..
KAULANA NA PUA A'O FSM..HANO HANO..FSM NO KA OI..
Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby I-Yah on Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:06 am

Robert Green Ingersoll wrote:A believer is a bird in a cage, a freethinker is an eagle parting the clouds with tireless wing.
I-Yah
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:35 pm

Writer Ron Hubbard in 1949 wrote:Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion.

Napoleon wrote:Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.

Oooh, I like this one.

James Madison, 4th president of the U.S wrote:What has been the fruits of Christianity? ...Superstition, bigotry and persecution.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby MPTrooper on Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:40 pm

From an old SRT (MP SWAT) Combat instructor.

"People who fight fair don't have friends"
MPTrooper

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:14 pm

MPTrooper wrote:From an old SRT (MP SWAT) Combat instructor.

"People who fight fair don't have friends"

Do you have friends, Troop?
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby MPTrooper on Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:20 pm

Many. Some of them aren't even weapons but real people!
MPTrooper

Next

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes