the beaver dam

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Postby Duke on Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:20 pm

Stephen L. Tvedten is my new hero. :D

Those dam beavers and their dam ingenuity. ;)

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Goat Starer on Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:35 pm

My hero too. now lets get someone onto the birds who have build and are living in an unauthourised wooden structure in a tree in my back garden nbot to mention the badgers who have obtained none of the correct permissions for excavation work.
Best regards

Goat

--------------------------

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw
Goat Starer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Duke on Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:23 pm

I am writing to say that I have grown extremely agitated concerning the new residents on my property: a pair of squirrels who are not paying rent. I do not believe that my elm tree is an authorized living space. :roll:

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Aeger on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:14 pm

Does the tree have oil/electricity installed? If those buggers aren't paying, you should turn it off. That kind of stuff can get rather expensive, especially in winter.
I am anti-"txt talk." I support good grammar. I am part of the "Save the Vowels" movement. For your sanity and mind, type out your damn words.

Thank you
Aeger
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Duke on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:20 pm

Aeger wrote:Does the tree have oil/electricity installed? If those buggers aren't paying, you should turn it off. That kind of stuff can get rather expensive, especially in winter.

Good idea! I'll cut the water, too. They'll leave as soon as they realize they can't take showers or watch their midday soaps!

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby St John the Blasphemist on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:23 pm

We had a family of ants here awhile back. Not only were they not paying rent, but they were also using my & the other tenants' premises as thoroughfare.

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Trespassing
St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini

Postby Goat Starer on Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:03 pm

I have frogs living in my pond. what if one of them drowns? would I be liable? And as for spiderwebs when did they last get planning permission?
Best regards

Goat

--------------------------

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw
Goat Starer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Cricket on Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:46 am

I have a squirrel that drops onto the roof (five feet above my head) at exactly ten minutes past sunrise every morning, and runs across the roof to the daytime tree at the other end of the house, and back again in the evening. Am I legally entitled to install tiny toll booths on my ridge beam, or is there some concept of common use that will interfere with that money (or at least acorn) making endeavor?
Empusa's crew, so naked-new they may not face the fire,
But weep that they bin too small to sin to the height of their desire,
(Kipling)
Cricket
Tortellini Third Mate

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes