Does anyone here play GuildWars?

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Does anyone here play GuildWars?

Postby Captain Noobhead on Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:23 pm

A couple of mates (about 10!) at school decided to all start a GW trend and buy the game. Since that's all they ever talked about in the last couple of days, I'm slowly being peer pressured to buy it too. The only problem is that tis $50, and I don't have a job. However, since my marks in school are rather good this year, I thought per'aps my parents will buy it for me.

And here's my question, those of you that own the game.. is it worth it to buy? And what are some advantages/disadvantages compared to World of Warcraft?

And also is there an fsm guild or clan of some sort?
Captain Noobhead
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby PsiPro on Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:30 pm

GW is D2 on steroids. All of my friends who got it got bored in a month or so... I got to play their account and immediatly went back to WoW
PsiPro
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Captain Noobhead on Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:31 pm

So its not worth buying?
Captain Noobhead
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby PsiPro on Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:08 pm

Depends on what you like. Ask to play your friends account for a while.
PsiPro
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Duke on Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:59 pm

I've heard through the grapevine that it's fun, but it gets old after a little while, but the entertainment time might be worth the money. If you aren't too short on cash, I'd say go for it.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby SC-Pastafarian on Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:19 am

I guess I can't put in too much input. I play World of Warcraft, but its the first game of this kind I've ever played. I really enjoy it, but I don't have the time or the desire to try out any other games (I actually hardly have time for WoW... I sometimes wonder why I keep my subsciption).
In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity.
-Konrad Adenauer
SC-Pastafarian
Bucatini Buccanneer

Location: Holding an empty mug to the mouth of a beer volcano.

Postby PsiPro on Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:59 am

I know how you feel, I have played my 60 mabey 6hrs in the past two or three weeks. School is getting in the way quite a bit.
PsiPro
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Captain Noobhead on Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:00 pm

Well, considering that I don't have a job, if I did get it then it would be one big investement. :(

I've heard that it gets really old after a month, but the only thing is that about 10 of my friends all got it and that's all they've been doing all week. So its more peer pressure over the actual game.

I played the beta a few months ago and thought it was okay, but at the same time WoW is only $19 now at walmart and it has a 30 day free card (so thats basically $5 for the game and $14 for one month), and I heard that there's another 10 day free trial, so I might try that out for a month instead.

Thanks for the input so far. :D

What are some advantages of Guildwars over wow (other than cost?)
Captain Noobhead
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Bringerofpie on Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:37 pm

I love Guildwars! I haven't had too much time to play for the past couple of weeks, but I try to get in some time. If you start playing you can join the guild I'm in.
"Now watch this drive."
Bringerofpie
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby ink on Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:43 am

I used to play it a lot. Played it for about 6 months or so, then it got really really boring. You can only run FOW or UW so many times. Even with the expansions, it seemed tiresome. PvP is fun, but its hard to get into a group who knows what they are doing. And even if you do, arenas are usually chock full of IWAY groups, but thats no problem for a good spike.
"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."
ink
Ziti Zealot

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes