My favorite game of the moment

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

My favorite game of the moment

Postby ryanbarrot on Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:05 pm

Hey people,

So I have been playing a lot lately those so called MMOG, or if you prefer massively multiplayer online games.
The concept is pretty neat, those are games where you play basically for free but make real cash. Here however the catch, you are eligible for the cash prize only if you pay a minimum... Isn't that lovely?

Anyway, I've tried a lot, like combatgrounds, mafiaboss until I found recently (2 days ago actually) a very nice one. Its called spaceinquest (www.spaceinquest.com).

You'd tell me so what is it so fantastic about this game that we've never seen before? Well, I guess I'm in love with this game because it combine strategy like risk, thinking like chess and most important its good looking!!
Its made in flash but certainly not slow, its very visual. I like the way you need to think. Not only short term but long term. You need to define where you want to conquer your first territory. And trust me, when its comes to choosing, you have a lot of pro and cons. Also you have some features that make the game interesting like a shield for protecting yourself. But the good thing is that you don't keep it forever, so the game is never static.

The only thing I can think of as general con for the game is that its a bit hard to play, but you get the concept after 2 hours of so by reading the rules. I've been playing a lot lately and I DO love it.

The other thing is that they reward you for paying (best supporter) as well as paying you for winning...

So check it out if you have some time, I’m now recruiting for them anyway :d

See you there maybe (player name is suips!)
RB
ryanbarrot
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:08 pm

Smells like spambot to me. Delete! Delete!
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

I have become a bot!

Postby ryanbarrot on Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:17 pm

spam bot!

Now I'm becoming a bot... how nice!!!

Sorry to disapoint you, but i'm real!

TC
RB
ryanbarrot
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:46 pm

Sorry. Influx of spammers lately. Introduce yourself in the New Converts Thread in START HERE.

When we see a first post advertising/recommending one site or another, ESPECIALLY with keywords like "cash" in them, it looks like (and for practical purposes is) spam advertising, and tends to be bots.

There are some MMOG gamers about...
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby beagle on Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:58 pm

Hmm. How can we be sure? Could be the spammers have devised a bot that can pass the Turing test. :wink:
beagle
Brewmeister

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:13 pm

They made it pass the "Start Here" test, so it's fine with me!
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:06 pm

why did that even set you off? because of one link that didn't even register as a link? it seemed honest to me.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Re: My favorite game of the moment

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:09 pm

ryanbarrot wrote:So I have been playing a lot lately those so called MMOG, or if you prefer massively multiplayer online games.
The concept is pretty neat, those are games where you play basically for free but make real cash. Here however the catch, you are eligible for the cash prize only if you pay a minimum... Isn't that lovely?

Unfortunately close to spam-talk. We are spam-weary. At least it's not prawn or V1A 6R4. :mrgreen:
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Re: My favorite game of the moment

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:14 pm

ryanbarrot wrote:So I have been playing a lot lately those so called MMOG, or if you prefer massively multiplayer online games.

that part points it out as being 'it kinda sucks tho' rather than 'but it's totally worth it' or something.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Alpaca on Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:00 am

Shush, Q. It set off my alarm, too, and I would've said something if he hadn't posted again.

Sorry for all the confusion, ryan, but the latest spambots around here haven't just been posting links to prawn, they've also been pretending to be human and posting little paragraphs of text with their links. It looked suspicious, but now we know it isn't.

Let's carry on!
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby lordpunkmonk on Sun May 18, 2008 6:37 pm

I agree
--LPM lord of the apocalypse
"The man with a clear conscience probably has a poor memory." --Lawrence J. Peter
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321
lordpunkmonk
Shaman of Ramen

Postby Hqrsie on Sun May 18, 2008 6:40 pm

whao wait, that game doesn't look like World of Warcraft at all....
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere committing evil deeds, an it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?
--Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Hqrsie
Bucatini Buccanneer

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes