MADD Ad - Knowing your target audience

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

MADD Ad - Knowing your target audience

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed May 17, 2006 1:01 pm

EXCELLENT Mothers Against Drunk Driving TV ad. Is this one on TV in the States, or just Canada?

http://www.madd.ca/english/news/tacos_en.mov

BTW, anyone know how to grab a picture from a Quicktime movie? I want a pirate avatar. :mrgreen:
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed May 17, 2006 6:00 pm

that was great!!!!!! one of the best comercials I've ever seen. but I haven't seen that in america. I'm not sure if it would be offensive here, because there are more lax rules in canada about marijuana in some providences. it might be insuating that americans do weed or something.

way too high!

try print screening it.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby alexrose on Wed May 17, 2006 6:11 pm

A message direct from the FSM. Simply wonderful.

...I doubt it makes it to its target audience though...
alexrose
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed May 17, 2006 6:12 pm

Tried and failed to print screen it... the pic comes out weird.

Different attitudes down there... we get a Fox channel up here, and I see lots of abstinence ads for "nosexnoproblems.com" or some such thing. The Canadian version is "wontgetweird.com", because they won't get weird on you if you have questions about sex.

In other words, we acknowledge the behaviour, and promote safety rather than prohibit and deny.

PS... it's "province". Pot laws are federal here; maybe down there they are different in different statutes...

alexrose wrote:A message direct from the FSM. Simply wonderful.

...I doubt it makes it to its target audience though...

I saw it about 11 o'clock at night on either the Cartoon channel or the Comedy channel. It's aimed right.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed May 17, 2006 6:16 pm

Dr. Otis Lansa wrote:PS... it's "province". Pot laws are federal here; maybe down there they are different in different statutes...

I was reffering to the enforcement. I hear its more lax in some places than others.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby alexrose on Wed May 17, 2006 6:20 pm

I was thinking more the way he was dressed and the setting. Way too preppy...especially for those watching the cartoon channel. He was alone as well; most people don't smoke by themselves.

I don't know. Just becasue people watch it doesn't mean they're relating.
alexrose
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby lordpunkmonk on Sun May 18, 2008 6:32 pm

I agree
--LPM lord of the apocalypse
"The man with a clear conscience probably has a poor memory." --Lawrence J. Peter
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321
lordpunkmonk
Shaman of Ramen

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes