This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Postby Sylvie369 on Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:59 pm

Well, I posted a short (One word? Two? I don't remember) post, and was informed of this rule. Perhaps hastily I replied that I don't intend to change.

AFAIK there hasn't been any real discussion of this, and if it's a rule for a good reason that I don't know, then I'm the one in the wrong, and we should go on moderating that way. However, I personally don't know of any reason why we should have a problem with a person doing it once, or once a week, or anything like that. I fully agree that it is really annoying to have a whole bunch of "me too" posts or other single-word, non-substantive posts in a thread, but I'd imagine that we could let the first one go, maybe warn on the second or third. But again, perhaps there was some kind of serious problem that I missed.
He who is not busy being born is busy dying -
Bob Dylan
Sylvie369
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Bambi on Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:05 am

Duke wrote:
Duke

P.S. I'm from the Bay Area too!

Salutes....alrighty then....got it!! Thanks fellas. Also, Duke, gotta change my profile. I've been bouncing around the Bay Area, Santa Fe, Shasta and am finally going home to Portland, OR!!

I'm originally from Sonoma County!!

Smooch,
Bambi
The secret of happiness involves ducks and ukuleles.
Bambi
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby ke_mikiao on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:45 am

since this topic is about avatars (or so the title says) i had a question....

does anyone else invert EVERY picture they get in Paint? I find a pic, go "oh cool" take it to paint, select all, invert colors......almost without thought...

i was wondering if this was wide-spread....

:D
"The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head."

"Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow." - Kay, Men in Black
ke_mikiao
Chitarra Captain

Postby anthrobabe on Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:08 am

ke_mikiao wrote:since this topic is about avatars (or so the title says) i had a question....

does anyone else invert EVERY picture they get in Paint? I find a pic, go "oh cool" take it to paint, select all, invert colors......almost without thought...

not everyone

but that new avatar invert is way cool looking there ke_mikiao
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Postby Bambi on Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:37 am

ke_mikiao wrote:-----(\ /)------
-----(o.o)-----
----(> <)-----
This is Bunny.
Bunny, as cute and cuddley as he may appear, is bent on world domination.
To achieve this he has decided to start by taking over teh intarweb, a step towards his ultimate goal.
To help him complete his quest and therefore ensure bunny domination, copy and paste him into your sig

I like your bunny!!
The secret of happiness involves ducks and ukuleles.
Bambi
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Duke on Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:22 pm

ke_mikiao wrote:since this topic is about avatars (or so the title says) i had a question....

There's a feature on Mac OSX where you can invert the colors of everything on the screen. I'm using it right now. :)

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Max the Globking on Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:57 pm

I wish I could take credit for my animated one. A friend made it custon for me. Some quality was lost in making it small enough for the forum, but I still love it.
Max the Globking
Ziti Zealot

Postby Duke on Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:18 pm

Max, that is a spectacularly awesome avatar, the best animated one I've seen! :mrgreen: Props to your friend!

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Max the Globking on Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:22 pm

Your message has been passed on
The original animation came from here, if you're interested
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... 5&q=flying
Max the Globking
Ziti Zealot

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:35 pm

Max's avatar is pretty pimp.

as per Ke_Mikaios method, I have made FPP a ghost pirate.

spooky, like t3h halloween.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:35 pm

Yeah, and when I invert the colors on my computer, I can see it normal... :)

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Goat Starer on Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:35 am

I still think my Avatar is clearly at the top of the avatar pile as it shows a REAL appearance of the Flying Spaghetti Monster rather than a representation. (just wish I had had a better camera to catch it with!)
Best regards

Goat

--------------------------

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw
Goat Starer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby goethe on Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:57 am

My avatar is the best.
goethe
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:46 pm

Bob the Unbeliever had an animated and larger version of that one, so maybe not so much...

I'll probably change mine to a portrait picture if I get a good one.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby goethe on Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:51 am

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:Bob the Unbeliever had an animated and larger version of that one, so maybe not so much...

Where is this bob ?
goethe
Conchigliette Convert

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes