This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Postby Duke on Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:18 pm

See, that's where you're wrong. You can change the colors on things. I can't. I haven't got Photoshop.

But thanks for the link, I'll see if I can figure something out.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:21 pm

I was about to suggest paint, but remembered you're a mac user anyway.

but alpaca offered and I have offered to edit it, so if you found one you liked (ignoring the colours), we could've changed the colours.

~Qwerty
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:37 pm

If ya'll wanna tailor me a new avatar, feel free. I'm cool with almost anything (except red Ninjas!!!). :)

Raguilar
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Alpaca on Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:15 pm

Hmm.... I think it's time for a shift. Lemme try to whip something up.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Rebellious Waffle on Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:25 pm

My Cantankerous Tortise is fine the way he is, sooth be said.
The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you, and in fact, cannot speak.
In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.
Rebellious Waffle
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Duke on Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:35 pm

I do like Waffle's avatar. It's fun to look at. :)

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Rebellious Waffle on Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:14 pm

I sorta wish the missile pivoted, though. That way I could point it at people when they say something silly.
The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you, and in fact, cannot speak.
In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.
Rebellious Waffle
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Duke on Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:07 pm

If you did, the thing would be like a Duke Compass: No matter which way the turtle is facing, the missile is pointing at Duke. :D

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Rebellious Waffle on Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:03 pm

Or, it'd make the turtle fly like a helicopter; it can't keep you, John Stewart, Dan Quayle and Jerry Falwell in its sights at the same time, so it rotates really fast and generates enough lift to get the turtle off the ground.
Rebellious Waffle
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Duke on Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:56 pm

Good thinking. If you give the missile special fins, I bet the turtle would be able to control the machine... :)

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Bambi on Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:52 pm

;-D
The secret of happiness involves ducks and ukuleles.
Bambi
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Duke on Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:08 pm

Hey, Bambi, there's a rule in the "START HERE" section that states: Please make an effort to have a substantive post. Please do not post just one word, as that is often annoying. Make an effort to have a complete thought, and use smilie-only responses under a quote sparingly. (Some games are partially exempt.) When constructing your post, give a thought to how it will be read by others, and what the reaction will be. We don't discourage controversial ideas or minority opinions, but we do discourage sharing them in ways that are more likely to encourage offense than discussion.

If you need to reread them, you can find them here:
http://www.venganza.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=675

Thanks!

Duke

P.S. I'm from the Bay Area too!

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Bambi on Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:16 pm

I didn't post anything because I thought this was just a thread for avatars.

Bambi
The secret of happiness involves ducks and ukuleles.
Bambi
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:39 pm

also Duke, since the new adiministration has settled in, the rules have changed a bit.

PM sylvie and ask about this particular kinda incident.

~Qwerty
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:48 pm

Will do. I'm still playing by the old rules, as in the ones that are posted in Announcements. I wasn't aware of a change.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes