FF1 and oh so much more.

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:46 pm

mmm currency. bane of existence.

by the way, congrats on 1000 posts
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby gaschambergerhart on Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:04 am

congrats on 1000 posts

Thanks, I never thought it would happen.

So who's your favorite/most hated FF charatcer?
Go traveler and imitate, if you can, one who strove with all his might to champion liberty.

"People say beauty is only skin deep. Well ugly people say that, and really I wouldn't actually consider them people to begin with." -Iname, the Resplendent
gaschambergerhart
Lumache Lieutenant

Location: In a place I'm not supposed to be, seeing things I know I shouldn't see

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:20 pm

well, I've only really played ff9 and ff1, but I have ff8. Zidane is cool, but then he's the main character, so he kind of has to be cool. as I've said before, I like Kuja alot.

I think I'll have to refresh my memory and play the game again (and maybe FF8) before I make my decision.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby gaschambergerhart on Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:22 pm

I never really liked anyone from FF8, Quistis is really the only cool character. Out of all the FF games I've played (I, IV, VII, VIII, IX, X) my favorite characters would have to be....

Bahamut (FFI-X2)
Freya
Vincent Valentine (FFVII)
Kuja
Sephiroth (FFVII)
Auron (FFX)
Go traveler and imitate, if you can, one who strove with all his might to champion liberty.

"People say beauty is only skin deep. Well ugly people say that, and really I wouldn't actually consider them people to begin with." -Iname, the Resplendent
gaschambergerhart
Lumache Lieutenant

Location: In a place I'm not supposed to be, seeing things I know I shouldn't see

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:30 pm

Bahamuts pretty cool. those "eidiolons" or "summons" or "fiends" or whatever are a nice constant.

Freya's also nice, but I don't really relate to her at all. maybe puck...

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby gaschambergerhart on Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:10 pm

You know they've been making Bahamut worse and worse over the life of Final Fantasy. It's practically insulting to see how they've lessened his importance.

Before FFIV Bahamut always had a key role in the progression of the story if I'm not mistaken, and was a feared and revered being in the FF universe.

In FFIV he was the King of Summoned Monsters and the first ultimate summoning (FFIV was the first game you could summon monsters in). You had to fight some of the most powerful monsters to get to him and have defeated two strong bosses to get him to fight you and he himself was a powerful boss.

In FFVII you basically just find the Bahamut summoning materia lying on the ground, and even the third version (Bahamut ZERO) is nothing compared to the Knights of the Round summoning.

In FFVIII you at least have to fight Bahamut, but he's not that hard and losses his usefullness upon getting Eden.

In FFIX he losses to Alexander..........

In FFX he's great until you find your parties ultimate weapons. Before finding them he can do about 30,000 damage with his Mega Flare. After finding your weapons he still does the same amount of damage but all your other monsters including the first one you get do over 60,000 damage with their specials making Bahamut practically useless.

gaschambergerhart
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:38 pm

gaschambergerhart wrote:In FFIX he losses to Alexander..........

but it was a cool scene, and it'd kind of suck if he did win...

I really haven't played anything other than 1 and 9, so I probably am making wrong comments. thanks for correcting me.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Lord_Ravioli on Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:18 am

Well, if we're allowed to include whomever we like in these lists, my faves are Diablos and Shiva (both FF8) - I love the sound FX when they 'do their thing'.

Most useless? Probably Quina from FF 9 - what a waste of time.

And Quistis Trepe would definitely get it...
Lord_Ravioli
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:58 am

Ja, Quina is pretty useless. no real plot advantage (at least in the first three disks), but blue magic CAN be very powerful, if she eats the right monsters.

and who can't forget THE MOST useless character of all time.

BLACK BELT - FF1

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Lord_Ravioli on Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:16 pm

Qwerty - never played FF1 - I only got into FF when I was sent to Bosnia for 9 months some time ago, and one of the blokes had his PS with him and FF8.

Is this BLACK BELT character as utterly pointless as say - Victoria and David Beckham or Dr. Phil?

Ooooooooooooh yeah... :D

Lord_Ravioli
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:15 pm

I know her. she's the teacher and stuff...

I love your sig by the way. so funny! :D

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby gaschambergerhart on Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:56 pm

Quina was such a stupid pointless character. Damn ugly too, why'd they make.......it so retarded? And Quistis was definately the best female character in VIII....for...many reasons :D.

So Lord Ravioli, you started playing FF with VIII. My personnal feelings are mixed with 8, I liked the GF abilities, junctioning, refining, and Quistis(:mrgreen:), but I hated the leveling system, the magic system, and how you get new weapons. It wasn't as bad as 10, but VII and IX were better. At least the story in VIII is way better than 10

They need to make a FF game with the ability system from IX to make finding weapons and armor more exciting, combine that with the materia system of VII and the junctioning system of VIII and you'd have one fun FF game.

Oh, and Bahamut needs to be returned to being the best Summoned monster.

gaschambergerhart
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Zillax0rz on Tue May 23, 2006 11:08 pm

Best FF Character Ever: Auron. I have a twelve-inch figure sitting atop my desk.

Also, how many of you have seen Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children? Three times for me since it came out. Oh Nobuo Uematsu, how do you aurally pleasure me so?
Zillax0rz
Ziti Zealot

Postby Rainswept on Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:41 pm

I cast RaiseIII on this thread.

I definitely think Kefka was the best villain.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Previous

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes