A fun link! The Kingdom of Loathing

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Postby Captain Noobhead on Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:03 pm

I haven't logged on in like 5 weeks and just realized that my account has been booted from the flying spaghetti monster clan. =O

My friend's character also got booted from the clan. Well actually we played on the same computer for a few weeks and then she quit a while before I did. Anyhow, now I have two ex-members accounts to maintain and all three have been booted from the clan somehow.

It's odd considering I've never looted, always donated and had over 40000 karma points and such. O_o
Captain Noobhead
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby teripie on Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:30 pm

I'll send you some grenades Sing. They'll help.

Edit: I've been hoarding them just for NS battles.
-----(\ /)------
-----(o.o)-----
----(> <)-----
This is Bunny.
Bunny, as cute and cuddley as he may appear, is bent on world domination.
To achieve this he has decided to start by taking over teh intarweb, a step towards his ultimate goal.
To help him complete his quest and therefore ensure bunny domination, copy and paste him into your sig
teripie
Birthday Scribe

Postby Psychodoughtech on Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:10 pm

First, untinker your meat car. Not all the way, mind you, but you can take a meat engine and dope wheels with you through the Astral Gash, but not the whole meat car.
Second, burn off your adventures farming for crap you thing you'll need. Otherwise, you'd waste adventures after ascention trying to get the same stuff.
Third, if you're not going oxy, make or buy plenty of food and booze. You'll want to get out of ronin as soon as possible, and the added adventures really help.
Fourth, plan! Know what class you'll be going into, and plan to pull stuff out of Hangks accordingly. Like, for example, if you're going into a muscle class, know what kind of food and booze in your inventory gives the most muscle points and pull that out first. The same is true for weapons and armor.
That's really all I can think of for now. Message Contagious in-game if you need anything else.
Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.
Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.

I don't talk much. I don't post often. Look at my join date, number of posts and my title. These are all things to keep in mind when replying to me.

May His Noodley Appendage touch you in all the right places.
Psychodoughtech
Darwin's Chainsaw

Location: It is impossible to determine absolutely the location and velocity of an object simultaneousely

Postby teripie on Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:00 pm

I always make sure I have a spare bartender, cook, and maid in stock. I also like to take some penultimate fantasy chests. It's cheaper to pull one of these out of storage for restorers than it is to pull individual restorers.

It never fails though, no matter how much I plan for it, there's something major I miss.
-----(\ /)------
-----(o.o)-----
----(> <)-----
This is Bunny.
To achieve this he has decided to start by taking over teh intarweb, a step towards his ultimate goal.
To help him complete his quest and therefore ensure bunny domination, copy and paste him into your sig
teripie
Birthday Scribe

Postby Enigma on Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:59 pm

Have you noticed a reference to pastafaniarism in KoL? When you read the description of "spooky lo mein", it reads:

"This lo mein oozes eldritch freakiness from every noodle. It's hard to make noodles spooky, unless you're some kind of flying spaghetti monster, but this dish certainly manages it. You're not sure whether to eat it or run away screaming. I'd suggest eating it, though -- then at least it'll be gone."

Oh, I've been playing since january. Been ascending a few times, changing classes and the like. Just not felt like talking 'bout it.
Arrogance is bliss
Enigma
Ziti Zealot

Postby Alpaca on Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:37 am

Some advice about (masochistic) oxycore ascensions. I get this from personal experience.

Have a checklist. Marginally helpful for softcore, too, I guess. It REALLY pays off to do the stuff you gotta do as soon as you safely can, when you're maximizing the benefits. Otherwise, you can get stuck with perhaps even three days at the end of your ascension when you get to merrily hop around backfarming for stuff you didn't get earlier.

There are some other bits of advice for hardcore, too, but most of those are advanced-strategy-ish ones.

Here's one that isn't: Save up ALL your adventures leading up to your class's stat day. Even if that means doing nothing for four days. Then, on that stat day, adventure in the highest-level safe place you can. All stats, many, many stats, no resting in between, 200 adventures. If you have a useful skill like snowcone or if you're using an astral badger, this would be a great time to burn through all those orange and green things you've been saving up.

Even in general, actually, don't feel obliged or pressured to adventure every day. Stat days are special, of course, and should be used as much as possible. But otherwise, you're getting, what, 44, 48 adventures daily, probably no more, and those like to take their time stacking up, so there's no pressure.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby teripie on Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:54 am

I made a stupid mistake on my latest ascension. I went to Hagnar's and mistakenly hit "remove all" and now have an inventory that's like an encyclopedia! Dunno weather to auto-sell, put it all in the clan, or put it all in my closet.
Maybe I should just get though this ascension as fast as possible and put it back in Hagnar's.

I also forgot to blow up my bartender, cook, and wand. :x
-----(\ /)------
-----(o.o)-----
----(> <)-----
This is Bunny.
teripie
Birthday Scribe

Postby Alpaca on Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:23 pm

teripie wrote: and wand. :x

You mean the zappy wand, right?

I might steal my friend's Lucky Tam just to zap it for him. Once I get out of this particular HC ascension, which, actually, believe it or not, should hopefully take less than a month.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Rainswept on Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:50 pm

this looks like fun...
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Previous

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes