A fun link! The Kingdom of Loathing

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Postby Psychodoughtech on Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:32 pm

I notice more and more references to this great game on these boards these days...

I guess we got the word out about more than just His Noodleyness, eh?
Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.
Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.

I don't talk much. I don't post often. Look at my join date, number of posts and my title. These are all things to keep in mind when replying to me.

May His Noodley Appendage touch you in all the right places.
Psychodoughtech
Darwin's Chainsaw

Location: It is impossible to determine absolutely the location and velocity of an object simultaneousely

Postby Alpaca on Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:16 pm

Yes, it's a very good idea. In general, all your useless stuff sells for more there than elsewhere, and if you wanna get into playing the mall, you can make hundreds of thousands of meat daily.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Psychodoughtech on Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:27 pm

How about "The Noodley Appendage?"

I don't talk much. I don't post often. Look at my join date, number of posts and my title. These are all things to keep in mind when replying to me.

Psychodoughtech
Darwin's Chainsaw

Location: It is impossible to determine absolutely the location and velocity of an object simultaneousely

Postby teripie on Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:00 pm

Hey Sing, are there any AC buffs ya need? Today's the day I do some heavy duty buffing. My big TT already hit you with some empathy. Need some Loot, polka, or maybe something to beef you up?
-----(\ /)------
-----(o.o)-----
----(> <)-----
This is Bunny.
Bunny, as cute and cuddley as he may appear, is bent on world domination.
To achieve this he has decided to start by taking over teh intarweb, a step towards his ultimate goal.
To help him complete his quest and therefore ensure bunny domination, copy and paste him into your sig
teripie
Birthday Scribe

Postby Alpaca on Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:50 am

Singi - awesome, awesome thing to do: Buy like 100 cans of hairspray at the Demon Market. Ridiculously cheap. Using one gives +15% moxie for some time. You get hit much, much, much, much less. (That's how we survive Oxycore.)

And, since we're buffing, lemme smile at you before rollover.

Edit: Or I guess it'll be after rollover.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Alpaca on Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:12 am

New Familiar of the Month! Damn, this one looks good. It's like a doppelshifter, only you can choose! Perfect way to test out new familiars, too, before you buy. And I can pretend to have an emo roe, too.

By the way, what do y'all think about the mysterious new meatsmithable items. Dry noodles, cottage cheese, bunch of other random stuff, now featuring meatsmithing tags but no known recipes.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Alpaca on Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:22 pm

Yep. Really pays itself off. Now that we can have custom avatar shopkeepers, I really should get one again. (I got rid of my last one because it was empty, what with me ascending all the time, and I didn't have time to keep up a good stock - might change that now.)
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Psychodoughtech on Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:21 pm

That probably won't do you much good, Singidunum. The Sorceress's stats scale to yours, so gaining another level won't do you a lot of good. And your familiars all go back to level 1 when you ascend.

Psychodoughtech
Darwin's Chainsaw

Postby teripie on Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:57 pm

All familiars got back to 1 pound at ascension, even the one you keep with you. So if you want that trophy get it now.
As for the NS, I prefer fighting her with the weak outfit, wolf mask and furry pants. I've found that I can over come her in about 3 tries doing it that way.
-----(\ /)------
-----(o.o)-----
----(> <)-----
This is Bunny.
Bunny, as cute and cuddley as he may appear, is bent on world domination.
To achieve this he has decided to start by taking over teh intarweb, a step towards his ultimate goal.
To help him complete his quest and therefore ensure bunny domination, copy and paste him into your sig
teripie
Birthday Scribe

Postby Psychodoughtech on Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:44 pm

Actually, the one you take with you stays the same weight. All the rest go back to 0 kills.

Psychodoughtech
Darwin's Chainsaw

Postby Alpaca on Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:15 pm

teripie wrote:All familiars got back to 1 pound at ascension, even the one you keep with you.

Huh? What? Definitely not.

What class are you again, Singi?
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Alpaca on Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:06 am

Here's what I like to do - take off every piece of equipment. Buy ten of Doc Galaktik's cheapest healing item. Allow yourself to be beaten up by the sorceress. Use cheap healing item for 3 hp or whatever it gives. Repeat until your cheap items run out. You'll be MUCH more likely to succeed - about 80% of the items and skills you try to use will get through, as opposed to, as far as I recall on the first time around, 13%.

Furry suit is an excellent idea. Be sure you don't rely on any effects - she dispells them all at the beginning of the fight. Don't use disco face stab at all during the fight - she'll dispell the effect right away. If you have a wussiness potion on hand, use one for the first form, no more, and one for the second form, no more. (Otherwise, she'll just shake off the de-levelage, and you'll have wasted two items.)

For my disco bandit incarnations, I found it easiest to kill her by using combat items. If you're gonna level up, that's a good thing. Buy ambidextrous funkslinging from your guild. It allows you to use two combat items at once. Buy up a bunch of Doc Galaktik's most expensive healing item. (20 or so usually works.) Get an assorted array of star throwing stars (expensive), photoprotoneuron torpedoes (less expensive), frigid ninja stars, maybe. Stuff that does damage, and decent amounts thereof. Shy away from plot holes, since they delevel her, so unless your wussiness potion failed, she'll just shake off the effects.

General strategy during the actual battle: Just chuck items at her. If your HP gets down to below half of the maximum, chuck combat items with one hand and drink homeopathic elixirs with the other. If you get desperate, double-elixir action!

A final note - familiars. What do you plan on using. Dodecapedes aren't available anymore (except for millions of meat), so you could either invsest in a ghost pickle on a stick (dunno how the market has fluctuated with those - I bought mine for 30 million meat, but that was WAY before the recipe was reimplemented, or even before the Spectral Pickle factory made its one-day pre-ascension appearance), or, if that's too expensive, look at a magimechtech micromechamech. (Massive damage.) Otherwise, plain ol' mosquito would be a good enough bet.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Psychodoughtech on Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:54 pm

Actually, I've found that a 20 lb Cocoabo works works wonders when fighting the Sorceress. It will heal you, give you Mp, and give you meat, and sometimes hurt her pretty bad, too.

Psychodoughtech
Darwin's Chainsaw

Postby Alpaca on Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:43 pm

'Bout how much MP do you have now? In any case, amulet of extreme plot significance is probably good.

No ring of aggravate monster. Will only make her tougher to beat.

If you're gonna go with the item strategy, only using skills and such as backup, though, I'd actually suggest you go with three walrus-tusk earrings. You basically get a free +30 hp with no boost to the sorceress, which means more survival for you. And the things are dirt-cheap.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Psychodoughtech on Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:15 pm

My typical equipment when fighting the NS is:

hat: wolf mask
weapon: wand of nagamar (duh!)
off-hand: Flaming talons
pants: Furry pants
acc 1: dirty hobo gloves (or ring of increase damage)
acc 2: disembodied smile (or ring of increase damage)
acc 3: acid-sqirting flower

then attack, attack, attack untill she dies or your health gets low. If your health gets low, go with Doc Galactics Homeopathic Elixers. Also, I use plenty of plot holes. They usually do about 20 - 25 damage at a shot, along with deleveling her.
Good luck!

Also, you could try it naked!

Psychodoughtech
Darwin's Chainsaw

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes