What is Your Theme Song?

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:31 pm

maybe the english version of Dragostea din tei, just for the line

I sold my street, my songs, and dreams
And I bought some pants to match the colors of my love
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby boghog on Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:32 pm

For me it was blues, mainly. That, the Dead Milkmen and stuff like Oasis/Blur/Pulp.

It's struck me that the Offspring's later singles, "The Kids Aren't All Right" and "Why Don't You Get A Job" in particular, make them sound like crotchety old men complaining about how kids are these days.

"Bad Habit" was fun to sing along with at the top of your lungs, though. :D
Now Hypercaffeinated! Share and Enjoy!

Keep Saturn in Saturnalia!

You catch more flies with BS than you do with honey.
boghog
Lord of Linguini

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:35 pm

boghog wrote:"Bad Habit" was fun to sing along with at the top of your lungs, though. :D

Dad used to crank that in the car... he passed music down, we passed it up. We still swap CDs, although mostly classic rock or reggae stuff.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby beagle on Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:42 am

Have you tried Tangerine Dream? Stratosfear, Rubycon etc were electronic/progressive crossover albums often popular with Floydies in the 70s. Especially "Echoes" fan type Floydies.
beagle
Brewmeister

Church

Postby black bart on Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:10 am

I remember 'Tangerine Dream', they were always paying live in churches and cathedrals!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby beagle on Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:36 am

I remember there was a near riot in a Mexican town when the power supply proved inadequate for all their computers at one concert. Floyd used to insist on two fully qualified electrical engineers on site at venues after a few issues like that.

TD were/are German, like Kraftwerk, but their music was more dreamy progressive 20 minute track computer generated stuff instead of 4 minute tracks. It seemed "far out" and leading edge in 1976, but might seem old hat to the hip-hop/trance/rap/Scooby-snack-snack/popular-beat-combo generation.
In general, other progressive contemporaries of Floyd such as Genesis and Yes, don't seem to have aged so well.
beagle
Brewmeister

Genesis

Postby black bart on Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:44 am

I must disagree with you about Genesis...they were the best up until about 1985 ish. I still love their old stuff now and I don't think many bands have produced an album like 'The Lamb Lies Down.' If you look at the band members that made up Genesis and take their music into account as well their legacy is quite amazing.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby beagle on Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:36 pm

Arrrrgh. Haven't had a Floyd v Genesis fight for thirty years. If I wasn't so old I could probably remember some of the arguments. Think it was that Genesis were long-haired, public school, drug-taking, tree-hugging hippy weirdoes, whereas Floyd...
No that wasn't it. Rats.
beagle
Brewmeister

Clocks

Postby black bart on Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:49 pm

Yep...it takes me back aswell. Floyds albums were full of clanking chains, clocks and other daft sound effects! You got your money's worth in those days though: Supper's Ready 30 minutes for one song - well worth 79p on I Tunes!!!
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:58 pm

a kid I know in my geomtry class wore a Dark Side of the Moon shirt today.

the geometry teacher said "is that a Dark Side of the Moon shirt? that came out when I was in like, high school"

my mom gets mad at me for liking old music "get your own damn music" says she.

then I start babbling rammtsein. :D
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Tansy the Terrible on Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:50 am

Dead souls - NIN
"Okee dokee doggie daddy!"
Tansy the Terrible
Stele Second Mate

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:00 am

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:my mom gets mad at me for liking old music "get your own damn music" says she.

then I start babbling rammtsein. :D

I'm SO sending you a stack of CDs for your 16th b-day.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Duke on Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:05 am

I've got a stack of CD's sitting here, long since turned digital and put on the ol' iTunes that could be sent out....

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:19 am

Yeah, but it's the solidity of the matter... it's not much of a gift if it's all 1's and 0's....
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Duke on Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:42 am

No, I have these solid CD's here, that I have since put into digital form, but the unneeded discs stil sit here. I don't really need them anymore.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes