What is Your Theme Song?

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Postby LibraLabRat on Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:39 am

I am finally going to get an Ipod so I can have all the music from the 80s in one handy location.
'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes."
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:01 pm

when buying, I generally prefer buying a disc. its just nice to have the physical copy.

but I'm on the computer all the time, and I have an iPod, and a RoadTrip (plays iPod in car through FM radio and lighter port thing), so I end up putting it all in there.

Doc, I'll hold ya to that. two years. :wink:
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

80s

Postby black bart on Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:59 pm

Libralabrat wrote:

I am finally going to get an Ipod so I can have all the music from the 80s in one handy location.

Is that Shatner turned into a pirate doing Rocket man as your avatar...quite brilliant!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:18 pm

I want a shirt that says.

Shat Happens.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Aeger on Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:50 pm

Spiraling Shape by They Might Be Giants

It just... speaks to me
I am anti-"txt talk." I support good grammar. I am part of the "Save the Vowels" movement. For your sanity and mind, type out your damn words.

Thank you
Aeger
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby beagle on Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:32 am

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:when buying, I generally prefer buying a disc. its just nice to have the physical copy

Looks like you're not alone.

This fashion thing is a mystery to me. Just when I think an iPod is in order, the rules change again.
beagle
Brewmeister

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:20 am

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:when buying, I generally prefer buying a disc. its just nice to have the physical copy.

but I'm on the computer all the time, and I have an iPod, and a RoadTrip (plays iPod in car through FM radio and lighter port thing), so I end up putting it all in there.

Doc, I'll hold ya to that. two years. :wink:

And a month! Plotting my upcoming b-day already...
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Re: 80s

Postby LibraLabRat on Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:54 pm

black bart wrote:Libralabrat wrote:

Is that Shatner turned into a pirate doing Rocket man as your avatar...quite brilliant!

Thank you. Yes, I have turned Shatner, in mid HIGH, into a snarling Pirate!

I have been having quite a few epiphanies lately, mostly of the mechanical and philosophical variety..but that hit me out of the blue. I am also considering taking my Yossarian image and adding a parrot.
'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes."
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Loft

Postby black bart on Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:58 am

Now that vinyl is making a comeback is it time to rescue my dust covered stereo turntable from the loft?!!!!! Perhaps I should just move into the loft!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby beagle on Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:39 am

The belt snapped on my turntable about 1990. Wonder if a rubber band would work.
beagle
Brewmeister

Vinyl

Postby black bart on Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:58 am

I don't think my stylus would have any edge left on it...can you still buy a stylus? My Captain Fantastic LP has been severely warped since about 1976...I'll stick to CDs...and yet...
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Duke on Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:12 pm

My old man has a pristine old turntable which he still connects to the stereo now and again, so we can listen to old music. :D

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby GlowInTheDarkBlonde on Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:36 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:whats 'lips of an angel' about? (I know, I'm quizing you)

Sorry about the super-late reply, but I lost track of the thread. :roll:

"Lips of an Angel" is about a guy who's ex-girlfriend calls him out of the blue, and they talk about how they never really got over each other. Basic premis, could go into more detail if I listened to the song again.

Absolutely nothing to do with me, but I love the song.
whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door....
---------------------------------------------------
Due to the length of my name, you may now refer to me as "blondie". It'll save you typing time.
GlowInTheDarkBlonde
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:51 pm

good. I dind't realize that at first, but then the DJ on the radio pointed it out. I was like "wow... it is...."

yay for being edumucated!

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby littlegirlpurple on Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:09 am

Duke wrote:I've got a stack of CD's sitting here, long since turned digital and put on the ol' iTunes that could be sent out....

Duke

Hey Duke- if you still got those.. I would sooo take them

anyway- songs that describe me

Every Rose has It's Thorn-- Poison
Whiskey in the Jar- Metallica
Someone to love me-- I believe it to be Ella Fitzgerald..

of course.. thanks to my mom I grew up with a rather varied assortment of music....

I mean.. my favorite song to listen to is the Time Warp :mrgreen:
Gecko Girl...
littlegirlpurple
Ziti Zealot

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes