Ways That English is Butchered By the Mexicans

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Ways That English is Butchered By the Mexicans

Postby ken worley on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:08 am

Here's an idea for a generator, one which I gave breech birth to earlier this evening, and having rigorously experimented to scientifically prove its comedic potential,(see footnote for methodology and citations)-now take the step of making it the basis of a new thread.

First, go to a spanish-english PHRASE translation site on the internet.(ask a scholar or library staff for directions if unfamiliar)-

Second, type in a common phrase, cliche, maxim, or a colorful bit of pop culture "english" of at least three words, into the submission pane, and have the site translate it into spanish.

Third, copy-paste the spanish results of step II into the submission pane of the same site, or another english-spanish translation site, and have it translated back into english.

Lastly,
Type all three versions of the phrase here, so we may all see the proof absolute that mexicans ruin everything.
(a formerly understandable piece of english speaking will now be a unrecognizable bunch of doggerish.)
q.e.d.
Get up out my face, fool.

...becomes, when downconverted to meskin':
"Levantarse de la cara, tonto."

...Then, when translated back from meskin' into a language, you get the following illiterate spasm of inanity :
"To get up of the face, idiot"
(Random gibberish sounding familiar, those of you who have gardeners and/or housekeepers?)

Anyway, this has probably been done many times before, and may well be frustrating, nettlesome, and poor-of-return-on-investment, as humorous pastimes go, but, what the hell, give it a try...alternative is travel channel's "top ten brazilian wax clinics in las vegas"

*methodology: tried phrase example above, snickered.
ibid:a site on the internets.(found via google search)
ken worley
King of the Pervs

Re: Ways That English is Butchered By the Mexicans

Postby black bart on Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:52 pm

Did you know I used to think 'A Full Brazilian' was a type of breakfast?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Re: Ways That English is Butchered By the Mexicans

Postby Roy Hunter on Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:04 am

The Metropolitan Police have a different defiirion of 'getting a Brazilian' too...
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes