Cool stuff found on the Interwebs

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Cool stuff found on the Interwebs

Postby pieces o'nine on Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:32 pm

TwistedSister wrote:^ Mr. TS calls me a smartass also.........hmmm, I wonder why? :confused:

It's because:
black bart wrote:It's all Ass this and Ass that with you Americans isn't it?
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby black bart on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:37 am

I didn't mean the Ass remark in a nasty way, it's just that I remember the wonderful episode of Faulty Towers which had the Waldorf Salad in it.

Roy H wrote:

Can you imagine the cost of insuring a helicopter for a teenager?
"Do you keep it in a garage at night? "
"No my Dad won't let me. Fascist!"
"How many years no-claims bonus do you have?"
"I hate you!"

My daughters going to be talking like that soon, I can picture it only too well. :facewall:
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:05 pm

Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby DavidH on Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:57 am

black bart wrote:My daughters going to be talking like that soon, I can picture it only too well. :facewall:

You just wait, mate!
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby DavidH on Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:24 am

Och aye, the poo!

I think the funniest part is the venue.
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Rainswept on Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:06 am

Palin speaks about Paul Revere. Someone PLEASE get this lady off my tv? Please?
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby gronank on Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:31 am

I really wonders what she's thinking because she must know that she's just making stuff up. Is she thinking that as long as she sounds knowledgable at the moment, everything is going to be ok?
Disclaimer: Anything I say on topics of Politics, Economics, Pychology, History, really anything not concerned with the natural sciences and mathematics and especially topics concerning human behavior and/or thoughts, that is not associated with a proper reference is pure speculation on my part.
gronank
Lord of Linguini

Postby PKMKII on Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:57 am

gronank wrote:I really wonders what she's thinking because she must know that she's just making stuff up. Is she thinking that as long as she sounds knowledgable at the moment, everything is going to be ok?

More like she's thinking, "It's okay if I say something incredibly moronic and wrong, if anyone points it out I'll just accuse them of being part of the elite, lamestream, gotcha-media that doesn't care about real American values dontchaknow?"
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby pieces o'nine on Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:37 pm

gods, what a blight upon our nation! PKMKII's comment is on-target, although I'm not entirely certain that she *knows* she's just spewing word salad. I thinks that she's been bamboozled by her own spin. :facepalm:

Everyone in this house [except for me] --one of whom is a teacher who abhores stupidity in non-politicians-- *adores* her and considers her refreshing and no-nonsense. They are unable and unwilling to put her to the reversal test: if everything about her were exactly the same *EXCEPT* political party affiliation, would they still admire her? Still be hanging on every incomprehensible sentence fragment and longing for the day when she seizes the reins of Presidential power?

No, absolutely not! They would see her as a third-class idiot, along with everyone else outside her base. Therefore, how and why does the appellation [R] excuse her anything? It is a mystery.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
For what it's worth, the reversal test does not change my view of her -- except, perhaps for a "surge" of gratitude that she isn't perpetrating idiocy while under the [D] label. We've got enough idiots of our own.
pieces o'nine

Postby PKMKII on Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:18 pm

pieces o'nine wrote:gods, what a blight upon our nation! PKMKII's comment is on-target, although I'm not entirely certain that she *knows* she's just spewing word salad. I thinks that she's been bamboozled by her own spin. :facepalm:

I think Palin, the Tea Party, and the GOP in general right now can be summed up, by saying that they've violated the business axiom that you should never believe your own marketing.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby Rainswept on Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:20 pm

I cannot express how much I dislike the current 2 party system. Every election I have to choose between the people who think things like gay marriage are threats Americans need to be protected from, and the people who think the government can solve all our problems if only we give them enough money, power, and authority. Not to mention both sides claiming to follow God.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby black bart on Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:35 am

Rainswept wrote:Palin speaks about Paul Revere. Someone PLEASE get this lady off my tv? Please?

Good grief...doesn't it make you wish the British had won?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DavidH on Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:16 am

^ Then they'd have had Margaret Thatcher. :shocked:
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby black bart on Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:26 am

DavidH wrote:^ Then they'd have had Margaret Thatcher. :shocked:

One thing is certainly true in the world of politics: S**t always rises to the top.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby pieces o'nine on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:06 pm

black bart wrote:
Rainswept wrote:Palin speaks about Paul Revere. Someone PLEASE get this lady off my tv? Please?

Good grief...doesn't it make you wish the British had won?

You *couldn't* have won. Paul Revere warned you not to! :haha:
pieces o'nine

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes