What is the best response to this question?

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

This one.
33%
This one.
40%
This one.
27%

Total votes : 15

Postby hazza on Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:39 pm

Give reasons for your answer.
You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.
I Have Heard From A Reliable Source That You Do Indeed Like Mudkipz.
hazza
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Re: What is the best response to this question?

Postby Rainswept on Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:52 pm

When you don't know, always go with "C" or the longest answer.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby Taidje Khan on Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:17 pm

I went with "this one."
R.I.P. George Carlin

FSMMA record: 19-4-0

"My head is bloodied, but unbowed."
Taidje Khan
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:28 pm

Rainswept wrote:When you don't know, always go with "C" or the longest answer.

And, if one of the answers is "None/All of the above", there's a 75% chance it is the correct answer.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Wawizzle on Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:00 am

Zankou 2.0 wrote:

And, if one of the answers is "None/All of the above", there's a 75% chance it is the correct answer.

No, it is still 25% probability, just as the other 3 answers are.

I picked "This One".
“We are often hesitant to look at other faiths or to examine our own critically because we feel that, in doing so, we are being disloyal to our own deeply felt convictions. ... And yet our beliefs are not worth very much if they cannot stand up to any scrutiny.” -- James Livingston.
Wawizzle
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:38 am

Wawizzle wrote:
Zankou 2.0 wrote:

I picked "This One".

I disagee. That answer is almost never there unless it is the correct answer.

If it's there you can almost be certain it's correct.
--Zankou II

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Wawizzle on Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:58 am

Zankou 2.0 wrote:
Wawizzle wrote:
Zankou 2.0 wrote:And, if one of the answers is "None/All of the above", there's a 75% chance it is the correct answer.

I picked "This One".

I understand what you are saying, because teachers rarely ever do administer tests that have "none of the above" or "all of the above" as an option for their multiple choice questions. But, mathematically, "none of the above" still only has a 25% chance of being correct if there are 4 options in total.

My calculus teacher will use questions that have that as an option, and it is not often the correct choice. This is calculus, however.

If you are taking the Drug and Alcohol or Driving tests, then oh fuck-yes it will be correct to choose "none of the above" or 'all of the above" because those tests are completely moronic and they would ask questions that have multiple answers and such.
“We are often hesitant to look at other faiths or to examine our own critically because we feel that, in doing so, we are being disloyal to our own deeply felt convictions. ... And yet our beliefs are not worth very much if they cannot stand up to any scrutiny.” -- James Livingston.
Wawizzle
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby hazza on Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:51 am

Give reasons for choosing your answer... o.O
You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.
I Have Heard From A Reliable Source That You Do Indeed Like Mudkipz.
hazza
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby darkstone on Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:00 am

I chose 'this one' in the middle just because i could.
darkstone
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

This one !!!

Postby Andrey Kurtenkov on Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:31 am

I chose the first “this one” but I am a big fan of both "none of the above" and "all of the above" :twisted:
En mateno de hela ero, per la forĉo de espero, venas viglaj pastafaroj, vere fluganta gefratoj.
Ah, vi flugu, Nia Monstro! Vin observas milionoj serĉiantaj vermiĉeloj, per espero kaj per amo.
Kaj la bona pastafaro post la malfermita pordo, trovos la eternan vivon en pastafara paradizo!
Pastafarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!
Българска пастафарианска църква (Bulgarian Pastafarian Church)
- за прослава на Макаронения Бог :worship: :fsm_float:
Andrey Kurtenkov
Chitarra Captain

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:29 am

Wawizzle wrote:
Zankou 2.0 wrote:
Wawizzle wrote:No, it is still 25% probability, just as the other 3 answers are.

I picked "This One".

I understand what you are saying, because teachers rarely ever do administer tests that have "none of the above" or "all of the above" as an option for their multiple choice questions. But, mathematically, "none of the above" still only has a 25% chance of being correct if there are 4 options in total.

My calculus teacher will use questions that have that as an option, and it is not often the correct choice. This is calculus, however.

If you are taking the Drug and Alcohol or Driving tests, then oh fuck-yes it will be correct to choose "none of the above" or 'all of the above" because those tests are completely moronic and they would ask questions that have multiple answers and such.

The mathematical probablity remains the same, but the theoretical probability is higher, because of psychology and stuff.

I've only ever seen an incorrect "all of the above" once in my entire life.

And, yes, drug and alcohol tests are moronic.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Wawizzle on Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:29 am

Zankou 2.0 wrote:
Wawizzle wrote:
Zankou 2.0 wrote:I disagee. That answer is almost never there unless it is the correct answer.

The mathematical probablity remains the same, but the theoretical probability is higher, because of psychology and stuff.

I've only ever seen an incorrect "all of the above" once in my entire life.

And, yes, drug and alcohol tests are moronic.

That is the test-makers fault for putting in "give-aways". I've noticed it too since like 2nd grade.

When I become a teacher, there will always be a 5th option (since our Scantrons have ABCDE options) for NONE OF THE ABOVE.
Wawizzle
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:42 am

Q: What is the best response to this question?

A: That's a silly question.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby PantyGnawer on Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:21 am

I had a chemistry teacher in college that would make the question the answer, and all the answer choices the questions (usually number problems), such that you couldn't just work out the problem, but had to work out the problems for each answer choice and figure out which one matched the question. He didn't fuck around with A to E he went straight for A to G (he couldn't use bubble sheets because of this but didn't mind grading them by hand because he got off on the torture that this caused us). Moreover he loved making the problems such that two would both give the right answer and included answers such as "A and b" "A and c" "B and D". It made it such that you would have to calculate 4 or 5 equations just to find the right answer to one problem. I never got more than halfway through one of his tests. I dropped out, retook it the next semester with a better teacher and aced the class.
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby Elastoman on Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:54 am

The first one, because your gut is usually right. Assuming, of course, you spent last night studying and becoming familiar with the question at hand instead of drinking and listening to punk rock at maximum volume like I have. Then you probably only chose the first one because that's where your hand was when the sound-induced spasms stopped.

Either way, choice #1.

~E.
There's no need to stand on ceremony, nor call to impress.
Elastoman
Tortellini Third Mate

Next

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes