Anybody listen to Metal here?

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Postby Rainswept on Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:08 am

~NoodleDemon~ wrote:Is Velvet Revolver metal?

I think they should change their name to "It's sad Axl is too much of an asshole to keep our former band togehter"

Is that a good band name?
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby Wawizzle on Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:09 pm

There are very different forms of metal. My appreciation leans towards the really heavy ones.

I.E. Brain Drill

check them out if you want to see some brutal technical death metal

now that is a hybrid-genre. :D

Most people might get hard rock and metal confused. I think wikipedia has very good definitions of metal and all of its various sub-genres:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_heavy_metal_genres
“We are often hesitant to look at other faiths or to examine our own critically because we feel that, in doing so, we are being disloyal to our own deeply felt convictions. ... And yet our beliefs are not worth very much if they cannot stand up to any scrutiny.” -- James Livingston.
Wawizzle
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby ~NoodleDemon~ on Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:39 pm

Rainswept wrote:
~NoodleDemon~ wrote:Is Velvet Revolver metal?

I think they should change their name to "It's sad Axl is too much of an asshole to keep our former band togehter"

Is that a good band name?

Axl sucks.

GnR was great, sure, but the only thing he had was that he was distinct. And also could not dance.
I hope you're on the recieving end of an improbability equation wherein something happens to you that's as unlikely as Rob Schneider winning a best actor Oscar on the same day Michael Jackson single handedly captures Osama Bin Laden. ~ Rainswept

O.K. Everything else is just stuff you do while you are waiting to have sex. Sin. WoE. ~ Warlord of Elephants

Image Image Image
~NoodleDemon~
Brewmeister

Previous

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors