Worst movie ever made...

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Worst movie ever made...

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:54 am

BumbleBee wrote:I don't like musicals, I just don't see how people can believe that people just burst into song mid-conversation.

The world would be much better if people did, though.

I want to be a part of a Spontaneous Musical Number one day. It's my dream.
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.
Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby pieces o'nine on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:04 am

Detective TurtleHolmes wrote: I want to be a part of a Spontaneous Musical Number one day. It's my dream.

Arrrgh! Oi 'opes yer not plannin on rabbil-rowsin thee ovver cabbin bouys inter a spontay knee us myoosickawl numberrr wen ye shood be battenin down thee atches an scraypin orf thee barrrghnickles an swabbin thee poop decks an sech-loike, yung Turtleholmes...
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:43 am

pieces o'nine wrote:
Detective TurtleHolmes wrote: I want to be a part of a Spontaneous Musical Number one day. It's my dream.

Arrrgh! Oi 'opes yer not plannin on rabbil-rowsin thee ovver cabbin bouys inter a spontay knee us myoosickawl numberrr wen ye shood be battenin down thee atches an scraypin orf thee barrrghnickles an swabbin thee poop decks an sech-loike, yung Turtleholmes...

Bah! E'ery gud Captin nose dat ta keep yer crew ohbeediyent an' loreful ye 'afta git inna a SMN e'ery wunce inna whoile.

Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby Valanthe on Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:55 pm

I have to agree that the Dungeons and Dragons movie sucked big time. I play D&D, and you know the movie's really bad when your sadistic, lunatic GM can come up with a better storyline.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. -Lazarus Long

ImageImage
Here there be dragons
Valanthe
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby BumbleBee on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:24 pm

I really resent going to the cinema, handing over my $15 and then not enjoying the movie...

I think of everyone did burst into song mid-conversation, maybe things would be a little less hostile in the world... Was there an episode of South Park where Suddam Hussein was singing in a musical or something?
I am a product of massive consumption- it's not my fault it's how I'm programmed to function
BumbleBee
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Elvalia on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:30 pm

If I'm not mistaken, Saddam has sung a few songs on South Park.

BumbleBee wrote:I don't like musicals, I just don't see how people can believe that people just burst into song mid-conversation.
You mean people don't do that where you come from? I've done that. It happens.
TwistedSister wrote:El is everyone's buddy. :lurk:
Ubi Dubius wrote:Evilvalia! :shocked:
Elvalia
Rugger Baby Bunny Bumpers

Postby remezcle on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:40 pm

Spiderman 3.. utter shyt
remezcle
Ziti Zealot

Postby Valanthe on Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:06 am

Spidey 3 definitely wasn't their best effort. I also refuse to own a copy of X-Men 3. Bleah!
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. -Lazarus Long

ImageImage
Here there be dragons
Valanthe
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby BumbleBee on Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:41 pm

I hadn't been to the movies in so long, last night my friend asked if we wanted to see a flick... So off we toddle to Parramatta (Parrashatta) to see Twilight...

Not only has the price gone up and it cost $18 a ticket, but I spent thew whole movie pissing myself laughing at the "Bold and the Beautiful" style, stares...

It could have been a good movie if it wasn't so damn slow and boring.

Although for those keen to watch it... There's a scene where the main character is Googling and we see her computer screen... What comes up in her search is "Slapping Beaver"
I am a product of massive consumption- it's not my fault it's how I'm programmed to function
BumbleBee
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Valanthe on Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:18 pm

I don't even know what the big deal is, I only recently started noticing that the books are available everywhere and wondering what the big deal was. Then I find out it's another vampire story. Kind of hard for me to get excited about it. I may pick up one of the novels, though.

ImageImage
Here there be dragons
Valanthe
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Valanthe wrote:I don't even know what the big deal is, I only recently started noticing that the books are available everywhere and wondering what the big deal was. Then I find out it's another vampire story. Kind of hard for me to get excited about it. I may pick up one of the novels, though.

Not just a vampire story, but a vampire story, with werewolves.

Oh, I forgot the main part. It's a big ol' soap opera. Ruined vampires and werewolves for me.
/rant

Anyway, I don't think the film will be any better.

Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby BumbleBee on Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:48 am

Detective TurtleHolmes... You're exactly right... A big soap opera. Maybe teenage girls who believe in love over all adversity would like it as you know, he's like hot and stuff and she's the new girl and they're in love.
BumbleBee
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:43 am

BumbleBee wrote:Maybe teenage girls who believe in love over all adversity would like it as you know, he's like hot and stuff and she's the new girl and they're in love.

Is there any other way in one of those stupid dramas?

Note for thought: Zankou happens to like Twilight.

Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby S'presso on Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:42 pm

Proposed new plot for twilight:

Bella falls in love with Edward. Turns out Edward is a vampire, and 100-ish years old. Edward gets arrested for inter-generational pedophilia, and is condemned to 5 years in jail. Bella waits for all those years, only to find that he has discovered his inner gay vampire, and leaves bella in the dust.

OR

Bella falls in love with Edward. Edward is not a vampire. He leads Bella on for a few months, and when they finally go on a "date" he reveals that it was all a joke, and he dumps her in the cruelest way possible. She then goes on a downward spiral, and her entire family blames Edward. They then hunt him down and burn him at the stake.
Look! A new sig.
Blaaaaag.
S'presso
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Roy Hunter on Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:49 pm

Detective TurtleHolmes wrote:I want to be a part of a Spontaneous Musical Number one day. It's my dream.

That's what flashmobs are for. Post it on YouTube when you're done.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

PreviousNext

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors